collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Indefensible home form.  (Read 19303 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Indefensible home form.
« on: April 05, 2014, 05:03:46 PM »
So, that's ten home defeats in the league.

Beaten by:

Fulham
Stoke
West Ham
Arsenal
Crystal Palace
Man United
Everton
Spurs
Newcastle
Liverpool

Plus, defeats at home to Sheffield United in the FA Cup and Spurs in the league cup.

Five home wins this season, 5 last season, and last season we lost nine home league games.

I just do not see how it is possible to defend that. With all the will in the world, and no matter how much you want this manager to succeed, and no matter how much you don't want instability, how is it possible to have that sort of record at home for two seasons and not get the sack?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Indefensible home form.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 05:10:57 PM »
Completely unacceptable.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »
Despite the negative whispers surrounding him, I'd give my left bollock to see Michael Laudrup in the dugout against Palace. If we stay up, it won't be because of Lambert and it won't be pretty.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 05:23:51 PM »
Our card is marked I am convinced.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 05:29:58 PM »
16 losses from 32. Pathetic

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 05:31:06 PM »
It is form that EVERY other club would have sacked their manager for in our position.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 05:33:20 PM »
According to a few people on twitter (I know, I know, go with me please) 10 home defeats in a season is a first for us. We've started breaking our own records for utter shitness and we've done a few over the last few years. Going back to McLeish too. Lerner has overseen all of this, so for me he has to answer. I like the guy but we need some bloody leadership and understanding at the top.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 05:33:51 PM »
16 losses from 32. Pathetic

11 from last 18.

Offline johnboy

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 05:37:11 PM »
That's it now, next season I think I will go and see a play at the rep on Saturday afternoons, at least it's comfortable and getting a pre-ordered drink at half time saves the queuing, I also have a slightly better chance of being entertained.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »
I honestly thought the McLeish year would be as bad as it would get at VP, we picked up what 19 points under him?

Well I think we won't beat that, we need another win and I can't see us beating Southampton who will dominate possession against us and have loads of goalscoring threat and Hull as Bruce has a really good record as a manager at VP, think we will draw that.

And can anyone see us improving at home next season under this manager?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »
 At least we are winning the ones against the teams below us.  ;D

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 05:41:44 PM »
And can anyone see us improving at home next season under this manager?

That's the key for me.

There has to be some sort of indication that, if he stays on, he will improve us.

That needed to be there at the end of last season, and looking at where we are now, he's failed.

Is anyone really convinced if he stays he will improve us?

To me we just look like a club bobbing around at the arse end of the table year after year, just waiting for the trap door to open. Like Wigan were. Eventually it'll happen.

I have no faith in anyone at Villa Park any more, I'm afraid - manager, chairman, CEO, players, none of them. Just look at the gobsmacking fucking mess they've created.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »
We went on the VP tour in the April of the McLeish season, and there was a really depressing atmosphere about the place, but also a feeling of 'once this joker is gone, we can get things right'. One of the tour guides even said as much to me. I'd imagine there's a strong feeling of deja vu around the Trinity this April.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 05:45:06 PM »
According to a few people on twitter (I know, I know, go with me please) 10 home defeats in a season is a first for us. We've started breaking our own records for utter shitness and we've done a few over the last few years. Going back to McLeish too. Lerner has overseen all of this, so for me he has to answer. I like the guy but we need some bloody leadership and understanding at the top.

This. But there will be no accountability.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 05:47:34 PM »

This. But there will be no accountability.

Lerner must be happy his father made all that money for him and his family, because if it was up to him to make a fortune, he'd be living in a tin shed with his business nous.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal