collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Faulkner  (Read 8681 times)

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: Paul Faulkner
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2014, 01:24:07 PM »
Whatever you think of Faulkner, (my opinion is pretty low) he's the CEO of arguably one of England's biggest football clubs, he's also CEO of the team that plays at one of the finest football grounds in Europe possibly the world, why would you not want him on your team? 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 01:59:31 PM »
Decent bloke.

All good and well, but it would be nice to hear from him once in a while regarding the general vision and direction for the club. 

He tried and some people slaughtered him.

He did and he did.

So maybe he should try harder.

I really have no idea what you're on about.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 02:34:03 PM »
I've met him twice,he is very good at the business side of things which was his previous job,and what the FA want these days.
I would guess his appointment has naff all to do about football.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 06:15:01 PM »
Decent bloke.

All good and well, but it would be nice to hear from him once in a while regarding the general vision and direction for the club. 

Genuine question TV - when was this and what did he say?  I remember him saying  that they expected to be finishing 6th when we were struggling near the foot of the table under McLeish. 

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 06:18:40 PM »
Decent bloke.

Genuine question TV - when was this and what did he say?  I remember him saying  that they expected to be finishing 6th when we were struggling near the foot of the table under McLeish. 
If I remember right he said the club was going in the right direction.
I put that up there with his TSM should be pushing for Europe.
The guy clearly knows fuck all about football.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2014, 06:20:07 PM »
He can stay at Villa for me, just nowhere near the football side of things, because he knows less about making a successful football team than Peter Risdale.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2014, 06:21:34 PM »
He can stay at Villa for me, just nowhere near the football side of things, because he knows less about making a successful football team than Peter Risdale.
Yep.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2014, 06:26:02 PM »
He is a chump and an ambassador for average.he should be working in a call centre.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
The boss of the place I've just left is like Faulkner. Absolutely loves meetings and making contacts, but has no idea how to run the business he's in charge of. Some would argue his remit is to promote Villa and ensure the man he chose to run the playing side of things is sticking to his task effectively, so he's not at fault. But the town nutter wandering about with a dead cat on his head can see how badly the actual important side of things, which is the men's first team, is faring.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2014, 07:26:55 PM »
The boss of the place I've just left is like Faulkner. Absolutely loves meetings and making contacts, but has no idea how to run the business he's in charge of. Some would argue his remit is to promote Villa and ensure the man he chose to run the playing side of things is sticking to his task effectively, so he's not at fault. But the town nutter wandering about with a dead cat on his head can see how badly the actual important side of things, which is the men's first team, is faring.

Especially if the hierarchy at the club are responsible for the remit ("young and hungry") that is causing the team to struggle.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
Decent bloke.

If I remember right he said the club was going in the right direction.
I put that up there with his TSM should be pushing for Europe.
The guy clearly knows fuck all about football.

He spoke a load of Corporate blurb, all of which could be found on the official site, seemed to make no apology for previous retainment and recruitment 'anomalies' (see I can do it too) and talked about the club going in the right direction.

Tom Ross, bless him, was probably beside himself by getting someone to say something (and talk about nothing) from AVFC and considered this a scoop as no-one else 'independent' like him seems them to be able to do so.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2014, 10:54:20 PM »
Decent bloke.

He gave an interview a while back. If anyone was really expecting juicy insider information then they were kidding themselves. Nobody gives out actual plans or information. It was always going to be quite general in nature. In that position he's hardly going to make any comments that could have actual consequence. Doesn't make great listening or reading for fans, but it's not exclusive to our CEO. As for the slaughtered bit, just look above for sampling of the standard cynicism. If he said anything worthwhile it would have dismissed in much the same way.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2014, 11:05:10 PM »
Maybe he doesn't talk about football because he doesn't know enough about it.So he talks like he is in a meeting because that is what he knows.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »
Decent bloke.

He gave an interview a while back. If anyone was really expecting juicy insider information then they were kidding themselves. Nobody gives out actual plans or information. It was always going to be quite general in nature. In that position he's hardly going to make any comments that could have actual consequence. Doesn't make great listening or reading for fans, but it's not exclusive to our CEO. As for the slaughtered bit, just look above for sampling of the standard cynicism. If he said anything worthwhile it would have dismissed in much the same way.

I don't care about juicy insider stuff or detailed plans and neither to most seasoned fans. So he said nothing of interest.

And, unless you have turned into a multiple mind reader then you don't know the point about 'worthwhile' as a fact - do you?

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2014, 11:28:58 PM »
So, enlighten me. You're right I'm not a mind reader. So what exactly did YOU want him to say?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal