collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Talktripe  (Read 18335 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Talktripe
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2014, 11:25:30 AM »
Durham is very good on the Saturday results show, great knowledge of all the leagues.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2014, 01:09:21 PM »
When Adrian Durham is on with Gough in the afternoon he tries way too hard to be deliberately controversial. It is well over the top. Like the caricature that George Gavin turned into on BRMB in an attempt to be Tony Butler.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2014, 01:28:08 PM »
Alvin Martin always comes over quite well I think, doesn't say the obvious and has some interesting insight at times

Micky Quinn is by far the worst for me as he is so predictable,

I don't actually mind Brazil either, there I've said it

Online tomd2103

« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2014, 12:19:40 AM »
Johnny Vaughan's mid-Atlantic accent grates, especially when he refers to everyone as "guys".

To be honest, he's always seemed to me to be one of these people who purported to like football back in the 90's as it was deemed the "cool" thing to do, but doesn't really have a clue what he's talking about.  Adrian Chiles is another example. 

He may seem that way but that is totally wide of the mark regarding Vaughan. The complete opposite is true in fact

Fair enough Richard and good to hear in a way.  I can't stand people in the public eye who feign an interest in football in an attempt to gain credibility.  Luckily they can soon be found out when questioned on it.   

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2014, 07:57:14 AM »
Johnny Vaughan's mid-Atlantic accent grates, especially when he refers to everyone as "guys".

To be honest, he's always seemed to me to be one of these people who purported to like football back in the 90's as it was deemed the "cool" thing to do, but doesn't really have a clue what he's talking about.  Adrian Chiles is another example. 

He may seem that way but that is totally wide of the mark regarding Vaughan. The complete opposite is true in fact

Fair enough Richard and good to hear in a way.  I can't stand people in the public eye who feign an interest in football in an attempt to gain credibility.  Luckily they can soon be found out when questioned on it.   

I quite agree Tom! I don't wish to back Vaughan up as he's a Chelsea fan but he's one of their lot who actually would know the likes of Canonville, Bumpstead, Droy et al. He goes back a long way with them and has lots of stories that can only have come from genuinely following them home and away

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2014, 08:10:45 AM »
Alvin Martin always comes over quite well I think, doesn't say the obvious and has some interesting insight at times

Micky Quinn is by far the worst for me as he is so predictable,

I don't actually mind Brazil either, there I've said it

Quinn is thick as pig shit. But Goughy is even thicker.

Durham fine on Saturday. Can't bring myself to listen to Brazil.

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
I did tune in on the way to work this morning. I am not over the moon about Keys and Gray but the difference between Richard Keys, an experienced journalist, and Quinn, Gough and Brazil etc.. is immeasurable.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »
I did tune in on the way to work this morning. I am not over the moon about Keys and Gray but the difference between Richard Keys, an experienced journalist, and Quinn, Gough and Brazil etc.. is immeasurable.

Putting their previous indiscretions aside, Keys and Gray are probably two of the best broadcasters out there.  Their show this morning was leagues ahead of the usual pub chat provided by the likes of Brazil, Quinn and Gough.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2014, 07:05:46 PM »
Yes, I heard it as well.
I'm not as anti the sound of Brazil growling at the dawn as some people on here, but it sounded like a well put together and very well presented show on my way to work, this morning.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2014, 10:26:47 AM »
Just a reminder that Super Alan McInally is on The Warm Up show on Talkshite with Johnny Vaughan at 11 today!

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2014, 01:33:27 PM »
The day has arrived....

17 Sep 16:00 Drivetime

Adrian Durham and Piers Morgan keep you entertained on the way home.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2014, 01:36:59 PM »
The day has arrived....

17 Sep 16:00 Drivetime

Adrian Durham and Piers Morgan keep you entertained on the way home.

Red-hot soccer twats.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal