collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Championship Memories by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 08:29:45 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:28:13 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by N'ZMAV
[Today at 08:20:02 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by RamboandBruno
[Today at 08:13:06 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 08:11:19 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 08:06:29 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Godfrey Brian
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 08:01:14 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why are we annually rubbish against Man. United?  (Read 7117 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Why are we annually rubbish against Man. United?
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 09:47:17 AM »
We have an almost-equally bad home record against arsenal and liverpool over the last 20 years or so... Anyway, a win on saturday will signal the turning of the tide, the 3-0 at Villa Park (before which i said exactly the same... And the year before, etc) will turn out to be their last for awhile.

We have pretty good records at the Emirates and Anfield though. Yes we hardly ever beat either at VP anymore but the games seem closer to me and less heartbreaking anway.

Offline Damo70

Re: Why are we annually rubbish against Man. United?
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2014, 10:31:25 AM »
United have no hope of the top 4 , I'm not sure either their fans or management would want to be in the Europa league as it could hamper next season - will be interested to see how they approach this game with their huge game 4 days later.

I take your point. But if I were Moyes and looking at it from a self preservation point of view I would firstly be wondering how many more games I can afford to lose if I want to be there next season and secondly if  beating Villa and an honourable exit to Bayern is better than squad rotation and another home league defeat which will probably be followed by a CL exit anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal