collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ramirez ban?  (Read 4456 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: Ramirez ban?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 08:53:42 PM »
It's Ramires, not Ramirez.

And yes, he should be banned for longer than three matches but he won't. That's pretty much all there is to say on the matter.

Chelsea fans ignorance ? - made me chuckle :)

Offline Charlie8182

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 05:47:17 AM »
The Classless One conveniently forgets the game at their place, and also his comments about Lambert regarding blaming the referee.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has been charged by the Football Association for improper conduct after being sent off during his side's 1-0 defeat by Aston Villa last Saturday.

The charge relates to Mourinho going onto the pitch to speak to referee Chris Foy following the injury-time dismissal of Chelsea's Ramires.

Earlier in the game, Willian was also sent off for the Blues.

Mourinho has until 18:00 GMT on Monday, 24 March to respond to the charge.

The Portuguese boss, who saw his team's lead trimmed to four points at the top of the Premier League after wins for Liverpool and Arsenal on Sunday, was critical of Foy after the defeat at Villa Park.

He said: "We must be very, very unlucky to have another refereeing performance like this one.

"This is not about one mistake from a referee. This is about a performance from minute one to minute 94."

Ramires was shown a straight red card for a two-footed tackle on Villa's Karim El Ahmadi, sparking a touchline fracas.

But Mourinho claimed he was trying to alert Foy after Ramires was pushed by Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor, who had already been substituted but rose from the bench to confront the Chelsea midfielder following his tackle.

"I don't know why I was sent off," Mourinho told BBC Radio 5 live. "I asked, but the referee refused to speak to me.

"Gabriel Agbonlahor was on the bench, he jumped onto the pitch, he was aggressive towards Ramires. Then everyone jumps onto the pitch: me, [Aston Villa boss] Paul Lambert and my assistants, lots of people there."
Mourinho also said he tried to speak to Foy after the game but the referee refused.

He also conveniently forgets lots of other games where Chelsea get the rub of the green with referee's. For example and whether we like it or not, West Brom were right royally screwed at Stamford Bridge this season, and these instances quickly get forgotten about.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 06:26:07 AM »
I see Mourinho is to be charged - he's blamed Foy for upsetting his team which led to Ramirez stamping on KEA's shin out of frustration! Mourinho should have the decency to apologise.....I won't hold my breath.

That is his exact take on it. It has never commented directly on the challenge at all but just says what about the rest of the match. Btw, can anyone confirm if Gabby had his hands around Ramires throat or is that more distraction? All the pictures show gabby pointing and shouting and Lambert pushing him away from it.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 08:13:39 AM »
I didn't see Gabby throttle anyone. Just a lot of angry finger wagging.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 08:19:37 AM »
Moaninho deserves a slap. Not a hard one. Just a cuff. Help him grow up. He is a spoilt child.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 08:58:04 AM »
I didn't see Gabby throttle anyone. Just a lot of angry finger wagging.

He sort of tapped him on the shoulder

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal