collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[April 26, 2024, 11:05:00 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chelsea fans Ignorance  (Read 14905 times)

Offline ez

Re: Chelsea fans Ignorance
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2014, 08:49:02 PM »
I always have to remind myself that Chelsea have been champions of Europe. Out of all the English winners they are the ones that least come to mind. I think it's because they didn't win the European Cup so they haven't got quite the prestige as the others.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2014, 09:50:45 PM »
Went into my local boozer, in Chelsea, a rough as fook pub called Riley's last night. It's on my doorstep but have never wanted to go in and view old teddy boys fallen on hard times that remember Ron Chopper Harris only too well mixed with the hoary Oirish charm of the place. But my brother came to visit and after his first visit to Stamford Bridge since 2002 (when we beat them 3-1) he was on cloud nine so we ventured in.
One swift drink later, (coke for me, had just been dosed-up with oxytocin) on leaving, one of the regular old geezers asked who we supported. When I said Villa, I could see a flicker of malice in his eyes before he croaked "Dunt be a caant all your life, eh?" before cackling and returning to the games machine that takes whatever money he has left over not spent on Guinness and fags.
Don't think I've missed much from going in there all these months.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2014, 10:12:23 PM »
Went into my local boozer, in Chelsea, a rough as fook pub called Riley's last night. It's on my doorstep but have never wanted to go in and view old teddy boys fallen on hard times that remember Ron Chopper Harris only too well mixed with the hoary Oirish charm of the place. But my brother came to visit and after his first visit to Stamford Bridge since 2002 (when we beat them 3-1) he was on cloud nine so we ventured in.
One swift drink later, (coke for me, had just been dosed-up with oxytocin) on leaving, one of the regular old geezers asked who we supported. When I said Villa, I could see a flicker of malice in his eyes before he croaked "Dunt be a caant all your life, eh?" before cackling and returning to the games machine that takes whatever money he has left over not spent on Guinness and fags.

That geezer  might have been Gus or Alfie:

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2014, 10:33:33 PM »

It sounds like he was speaking from experience. If he had his time all over again...

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »
I have more respect for Birmingham City fans than Brummie Reds or Brummie Cockney Blues.

I agree.

Totally.

Me too.

Me also, but I started to think the other day of those poor souls who have been pushed into gloryhunting by their gloryhunting father.

My two cousins are Liverpool fans because my uncle Harry was a gloryhunter himself, and a lad I used to play football with used to follow United everywhere with his Dad, and had done since he was a boy.

Where do we stand on these 'daywalkers'?

They made a documentry series about them, got that guy from This Life to present it, Andrew Lincoln I think his name it.

I think it's called The Walking Dead.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2014, 01:01:33 PM »
Yes, remarkably thousands of Chavski fans used to tune in to the TV Show Shedheads, the homage to all things garden shed-like in the belief that it was about The Shed End. Can you Adam and Eve it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal