collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chelsea fans Ignorance  (Read 14886 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

Re: Chelsea fans Ignorance
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 10:53:18 PM »
17,000 for the first Villa match at Stamford Bridge in the PL. We won 1-0, Ray Houghton scored the goal and I swear at least 3,000 people in there were Villa fans. I recall about a week later Coventry City went there too (the days of Ndlovu, Micky Quinn and Wegerle) and they got a mere 9,000.

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 10:57:27 PM »
I remember being quietly very chuffed when Arsenal lost their final a few years back and thinking: we've got one, a second tier club modern fans probably haven't even heard of has won two (Forest) but it still eludes that mob.

I'm no Arsenal sympathiser but if I had to choose from the two, I'd have taken Arsenal to have won it in preference over Chelsea any day of the week.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 11:04:04 PM »
I don't care who wins the title this year as long as its not Chelsea. Man United would have been the other one but they're nowhere near it obviously. Arsenal for me, City, at a push Liverpool, anyone but Chelsea.

Offline supertom

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 11:06:37 PM »
In my experience I've seen all too many Chelsea fans split into two categories. The plastic knobbers who've only been interested since 2004. They have absolutely no clue about football half the time and say ridiculous things like this end of a bell. Total and utter ignorance.

Then there's the long termers. The ones who fink they're salt of the fakkin Earth. Probably closet, or proud and out EDL members and think pricks like Dennis Wise and JT are working class heroes. Because they've seen their club almost go bust, or go years without winning anything they fink they've automatically been bestowed with the greatest humility. The reality is they're peacock strutting, chest puffing, arrogant gobshites most of the time who still fink football's like it was in the 70's, waiting for scraps and skirmishes that more often than not won't happen, unless they're playing their ignoramus equivalents from perhaps QPR, West Ham or Millwall who fink their pwoper 'ard. Wankers.

Put them all on a boat and send them somewhere...anywhere...The North Pole or somefink.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 11:22:45 PM »
We won it, they bought it.

Exactly right.  And winning the European Cup is a different kettle fish entirely to winning the inferior "Champions" League. 

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 12:08:55 AM »
Quite amusing.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 12:21:34 AM »
Three things Chelsea have done that Villa never have -

Been champions of Europe without being champions of England to qualify

Rely on penalties to beat Bayern Munich in the final

Vote Paul Elliott as their player of the year

Offline Charlie8182

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2014, 05:48:31 AM »
17,000 for the first Villa match at Stamford Bridge in the PL. We won 1-0, Ray Houghton scored the goal and I swear at least 3,000 people in there were Villa fans. I recall about a week later Coventry City went there too (the days of Ndlovu, Micky Quinn and Wegerle) and they got a mere 9,000.

See below links.  I don't recall us getting less than 7,000 when we played in the 2nd division the season before.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/chelsea-v-walsall-04-october-1988-123202/

http://www.11v11.com/matches/chelsea-v-southampton-12-february-1992-90420/

http://www.11v11.com/matches/chelsea-v-coventry-city-14-march-1992-90469/

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 06:17:42 AM »
Chelsea fans were too preoccupied with finishing below Barnsley and Rotherham in Division 2 in 1982 to notice what was happening in the European Cup.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2014, 07:53:11 AM »
What a berk!

A tweet from a Chelsea fan with a picture of them with the European Cup and saying "something Villa will never acomplish"  Can't upload at the moment, but will when I can
Look, sleep easy friend, safe in the comforting knowledge that they`re as sick as pigs to have got done fair and square, they hated it - shame!!...

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2014, 08:11:30 AM »
I remember not so long ago chavski would never sell out the away end at Villa Park.West Ham always did.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2014, 08:21:13 AM »
Being as it was a Chelsea, I did wonder what his mate meant when replying to the OP about upsetting Villa fans with I surprised that they can speak English. Let's just say the Brummie accent that others attributed it to was not uppermost in my mind.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »
As proud as I am that we won the European Cup as Champions of England, you can't pretend that it was harder to win back then. Would we have found it easier if the 2nd and 3rd best teams in Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal etc had been in the tournament rather than the champions of Luxembourg, Northern Ireland, Malta, Albania and Iceland?

People say it was all knock out back in those days, but there was only one extra knock out round. Plus, the group stages generally mean, by and large, the best 16 teams in Europe pop out into the knock out phases now. There is no chance on earth Glentoran, Arges Pitesti, Rabo ETA Gyor and Szombierki Bytom (all appeared in the last 16 in the early 80s) would do that now. That is a shame and perhaps makes it less pure. But it means the competition is now harder to win and (almost) impossible for a smaller team.

I just dont see the need to denigrate it now. Maybe because we dont play in it.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2014, 09:07:27 AM »
As proud as I am that we won the European Cup as Champions of England, you can't pretend that it was harder to win back then. Would we have found it easier if the 2nd and 3rd best teams in Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal etc had been in the tournament rather than the champions of Luxembourg, Northern Ireland, Malta, Albania and Iceland?

People say it was all knock out back in those days, but there was only one extra knock out round. Plus, the group stages generally mean, by and large, the best 16 teams in Europe pop out into the knock out phases now. There is no chance on earth Glentoran, Arges Pitesti, Rabo ETA Gyor and Szombierki Bytom (all appeared in the last 16 in the early 80s) would do that now. That is a shame and perhaps makes it less pure. But it means the competition is now harder to win and (almost) impossible for a smaller team.

It was harder to win back then. You had to win your own league for a start rather than finish 4th.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2014, 09:12:53 AM »

It was harder to win back then. You had to win your own league for a start rather than finish 4th.

That post made me realise if the current rules had applied in 1981 Albion would have joined us in the Champions League.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal