collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nathan Baker - Sold  (Read 130063 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Nathan Baker
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 03:27:10 PM »
You never rated England international, Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup winner, multi-millionaire, Gary Cahill either, did you Chris?

**winky thing**

I did but we had better ahead of him at the time and he was ambitious and didn't want to wait. In hindsight, fair play to him he took the long way round but he's now playing in a team that managed to limit us to just the one goal at the weekend.

Strangely enough I was talking about him with my bluenose gaffer this morning, and we both agreed that there is something about him that leaves us both unconvinced.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 03:28:58 PM »
You never rated England international, Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup winner, multi-millionaire, Gary Cahill either, did you Chris?

**winky thing**

I did but we had better ahead of him at the time and he was ambitious and didn't want to wait. In hindsight, fair play to him he took the long way round but he's now playing in a team that managed to limit us to just the one goal at the weekend.

Strangely enough I was talking about him with my bluenose gaffer this morning, and we both agreed that there is something about him that leaves us both unconvinced.

Yeah, it's called John Terry.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 03:31:02 PM »
It's all down to the beard I reckon. This team always needs at least one bearded type.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 03:56:35 PM »

**winky thing**

I did..

Of course you did, Chris.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »

**winky thing**

He's whole heated and decent on the ball but I still think he has concentration issues, that's why he's a good centre half but probably, unless he sorts that out, will never be a great one.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 06:34:59 PM »
Baker is a long long way away from being an international standard centre half. He's still very much in the process of proving whether he's good enough to play in the Premier League. He has had a couple of good displays, but he's had a lot of shockers as well.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 06:51:57 PM »
I'm still not at all convinced by Baker but he has done infinitely better recently and part of that is down to him not going in too hastily, leaving huge gaps in behind him. Also, when has, other players have covered making what mistakes he does make less costly. To be fair to him, he had also covered well. The defence as a whole has looked more organised lately. I really hope he can keep it up. He's a likeable lad and I wish him the best.

But I'd still feel better with a stronger more experienced option at centre half as well as Okore returning.

Offline class_of_82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 07:39:34 PM »
I thought on Saturday Nathan baker came of age, his tackling positional sense when vlaar went upfield and his aerial ability was exceptional.
I think a lot of players will have that one game that they will look back on and say that was the turning point hopefully against Chelsea that was his.
If anyone seen ken mcnaughts first load of games for us must of thought what have we signed here and he didn't do to bad for us did he

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 07:46:30 PM »
If he's ever a quarter as good as McNaught, that will be a bonus.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 07:46:55 PM »
I still think he's a bit rash in his decision making some times - as illustrated by the booking he picked up early on Saturday - but no denying he had a very decent game against top quality opposition.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 08:30:03 PM »
Baker and Clark are much better when the other isn't in the side.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 08:34:27 PM »
But they're both shite. Bring back Okore.

Fuck Bring Polite.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 08:41:20 PM »
Baker struggles against forwards with good movement, I'd have been interested to have seen his performance if Eto'o had been fit.

He's improved lately which is good to see.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 08:43:50 PM »
Fuck Bring Polite.

Cook Pass Babtridge

Offline N'ZMAV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal