collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v The Plastic Knobbers-Post Match Thread  (Read 90579 times)

Offline Brian Taylor

Re: Aston Villa v The Plastic Knobbers-Post Match Thread
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2014, 01:04:56 PM »
Happy happy happy..and it does not take much. Just need a little more irrational happiness. A Villa win is a definite, sure-fire, cure for depression!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024

Offline john2710

« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2014, 01:06:34 PM »
Mourinho's a slimeball and a hypocrite, who only came back to England because he knows we have a feeble press.

The Man U & Citeh jobs were available but both clubs have more class than to appoint the likes of Mourinho. He may deliver results but little else & he's certainly nothing special. Had either club offered him the job he wouldn't have gone back to his beloved Chelsea. They are a perfect match, I really hope they don't win the league.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2014, 01:23:20 PM »
The crowd were fantastic yesterday. The players must have felt 10 feet tall.

Offline LTA

« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2014, 01:23:40 PM »
Excellent performance which fully deserved the three points.  Thought Chelsea for all their posession were pretty poor to be honest, and Mourinho blundered by not using Lampard given his record against us.

Just found this on Here is the City website.

"Jose Mourinho had a lot he could potentially complain it about last night. No matter what people say it is first and foremost clear that Chris Foy does not like him, and does not like Chelsea.

Whether that impacts on his decision making I am not sure but overall Foy had a poor game.

Joe Bennett should have walked for that foul on Willian, the Brazilian winger should never have been shown a second yellow and if Mourinho did enough to get sent to the stands then the entire dugout should have emptied.

Oh the Ramires tackle? No, Foy did not get that right.

Let me clarify.

Ramires 100% deserved to receive his marching orders. It was a horrendous, potentially career ending and perhaps the most petulant foul of the year so far.

But Chelsea players and their manager cannot disagree he deserved to walk for that - but they can say Foy didn’t see it.

Because he definitely didn’t.

He made the decision based on the reaction of Aston Villa players and hopefully his assistant referee - not from what he saw, so there could be grievance there"

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »
I've been prompted to come share a pic here (thanks Martyn), couldn't work out which one, i took loads, these might be the best 4. At half time there was talk of a good omen in the claret & blue sunset.

I've said elsewhere, on 1st April I go offline for 4months on Buddhist ordination retreat. I can handle totally missing the World Cup, but I am might grateful to be going into the unknown 'spiritual death' of that of that space (kind of the end of the old me i get a new name, the 'spiritual rebirth') with a bit less relegation anxiety now. That was my last game in a while, just so great to share being in the Holte with my Dad. 3 points next Sunday would be marvelous too.

I've had one or two auspicious signs of late, some pretty miraculous Northern Lights on my birthday over Reykjavik, the day after which I got my invite to be ordained. A fellow buddhist villa fan couldn't make it, we met for lunch in town yesterday as i was up from London for the day, he reckons the Villa have given me a good send off. I'd have to agree, thanks AVFC! 8)
I hope we show some patience in the tougher moments too. :o

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #336 on: March 16, 2014, 01:50:10 PM »
Just watched MOTD. Have to admit that at the time, I did think there was something a bit Weimannesque about the finish for the goal. Maybe the perspective from my seat didn't help. How wrong was I! And with regards to the Bennett incident, did none of these pundits watch Rocket Ron outstripping their attackers all game long? Wouldn't have caught him? Tish and pish.
Can't fault a single player, they were all fantastic for ninety minutes, but I tip my cap to the back four, sirs. Calm, controlled, organized, the stuff of the best Villa defences. Baker may have come of age yesterday, to play virtually the entire game on a yellow card in the manner he did just nudges him up for my Motm.
Still smiling.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #337 on: March 16, 2014, 01:52:40 PM »

The Holte End is a great place to be on days like that.

The next best place is in the Doug Ellis watching the backdrop of the seething Holte End as Villa celebrate under the lights. One of the enduring sights in modern football. Magic

Witton Lane.

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #338 on: March 16, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »

The Holte End is a great place to be on days like that.

The next best place is in the Doug Ellis watching the backdrop of the seething Holte End as Villa celebrate under the lights. One of the enduring sights in modern football. Magic

Witton Lane.

Sir Doug Ellis.

;) :-X

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #339 on: March 16, 2014, 02:02:31 PM »
I really can't understand all this super Holte End nonsense. It was the Witton End and specially the Lower that made all the noise yesterday. Holte end is just a myth now days. They are asleep almost for entire 90 mins and sometimes stir into life  when woken up by Witton End boys with their endless jihad against away fans!

As the man said: Look at the Holte End. Listen to the Holte End.

Then you'll understand its power.

Now, now.... we all know that its the sarcasm and cynicism of the Lower Trinity that was responsible for yesterday's victory.

Offline BILL DE VALL

« Reply #340 on: March 16, 2014, 02:03:53 PM »
Purplepants that claret and blue sky is awesome!-good luck on your retreat

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #341 on: March 16, 2014, 02:04:16 PM »
I really can't understand all this super Holte End nonsense. It was the Witton End and specially the Lower that made all the noise yesterday. Holte end is just a myth now days. They are asleep almost for entire 90 mins and sometimes stir into life  when woken up by Witton End boys with their endless jihad against away fans!

You tinker

"Yippee Yi Yay, Yippee Yi Yoooooo - Witton Enders Eating Pies....."

;-)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #342 on: March 16, 2014, 02:04:31 PM »
What brilliant photos - no filters or Photoshop used?

Offline Top Cat

• GM : 03.02.2023
« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2014, 02:10:53 PM »
Thanks for posting the photographs purpletrousers they're beautiful.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »
Villa Park really is such a wonderful stadium. One day when they give us a New North, or whatever it will be called by then, it will only serve to improve things again. I do miss Villa Park, and especially on nights like last night.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal