collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets 2014/15  (Read 33945 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Season Tickets 2014/15
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 10:31:07 PM »
I think the bloke next to Leeg has tried that as well.

Offline mjlions

• GM : 02.07.2024
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 10:37:22 PM »
well if they are saying the top price is £615 which I expect will be mine in the Witton Upper that means a rise of £25 on last year

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 10:58:34 PM »
Hi amfy!
Pretty sure you can't use it for away tickets, or have I made that up?

Tbh I haven't tried - I used mine for my Rotherham & Dpurs tickets in the cup last year. I just remembered being able to buy match tickets with it.  So maybe that needs checking out.
Anyway - the point I was trying to make is that you don't have to buy merchandise to cash it in. It is very spendable.
Definitely used Villa Cash to buy tickets for games at VP for friends. Pretty sure you can't use it for away games.
Indeed, you can use it for stuff other than merchandise.
Though I did get my mate's lad an away shirt recently and only had to pay about £3 balance. Nice surprise!

Can't be used for away games.

There's also an option, unsure of details, of getting a drinks/food package.

Offline villajk

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2014, 10:59:34 PM »
My guess is they've put the prices up by about 3%. My ST this year cost £528 according to my bank statement. The example they've used for finance is £545 - just over 3% increase. Having said that if they give 10% back rather than 5% that's a pretty good deal on the face of it, assuming you want to buy something in Villa stores of course. Having said that, any increase is a bit of an insult given the standard of football served up at VP over the last 4 seasons, and the cheap deals on offer to non-ST holders just rubs our faces in it.

I am sticking to my guns. I will not renew. I will still attend every home game (holiday clashes excluded) via a combination of special offers from the club and viagogo when need be. There is no incentive at all, any more, to have a ST. Even though I sit in P8 (the 'cheap' seats) with a pretty good view on an aisle seat (which is such a relief as I can stretch my legs) it will still be cheaper for me to do this as I do not really mind where I sit (Billy-no-mates) and the person I currently sit beside does my head in. Will miss the fan sitting behind me, DC5, vjk and deej though.

We'll miss our half time chats, Legion.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »
My guess is they've put the prices up by about 3%. My ST this year cost £528 according to my bank statement. The example they've used for finance is £545 - just over 3% increase. Having said that if they give 10% back rather than 5% that's a pretty good deal on the face of it, assuming you want to buy something in Villa stores of course. Having said that, any increase is a bit of an insult given the standard of football served up at VP over the last 4 seasons, and the cheap deals on offer to non-ST holders just rubs our faces in it.

I am sticking to my guns. I will not renew. I will still attend every home game (holiday clashes excluded) via a combination of special offers from the club and viagogo when need be. There is no incentive at all, any more, to have a ST. Even though I sit in P8 (the 'cheap' seats) with a pretty good view on an aisle seat (which is such a relief as I can stretch my legs) it will still be cheaper for me to do this as I do not really mind where I sit (Billy-no-mates) and the person I currently sit beside does my head in. Will miss the fan sitting behind me, DC5, vjk and deej though.

We'll miss our half time chats, Legion.

Will you miss him tripping over you?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 07:39:09 AM »
The 10% Villa Cash offer is only any good if there's something you want to spend if on.

They're banking on people not using any/all of the offer in order to make their money.

Unless they allow it to be rolled over to the next season's ST or change the policy regarding using it against Away tickets, its not much use to me.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 07:53:50 AM »

I honestly don't think there's many of us that can't find something to spend it on. Between cup tickets, food & drink, & the club shop, most of us will spend that amount during the season. Season ticket holders in particular are likely to spend money in one of these ways. It is certainly much better than the vouchers which I pretty much never use and definitely felt there was a reliance on them not being used.
They also put an odd £5 in during last season. I wonder if it was a deliberate thought that, if they need to lower match day ticket prices to boost attendances, they now have a handy mechanism to 'refund' season ticket holders without a big song & dance about it?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 07:59:18 AM »
I think the only vouchers I ever used were the couple of £1 off ones for my son's programme. I used the cash this season for me and my son to go to the Sheffield United game, so basically a free match for the two of us.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 09:12:46 AM »
Didn't realise you could use it to buy tickets, but I always go in the cup scheme so the price is automatically taken on my credit card. I'll have to have a closer look at it to see how I can take advantage of it

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 09:50:44 AM »
Didn't realise you could use it to buy tickets, but I always go in the cup scheme so the price is automatically taken on my credit card. I'll have to have a closer look at it to see how I can take advantage of it

I'm in the Cup Scheme as well, so Villa Cash is no use for me in that regard.

My understanding is that the Food/Drink voucher book gives discounts against specific items rather than being usable against general purchases.

Did anyone use this offer ? If so, is my understanding correct ?

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 10:19:39 AM »

I'm in the Cup Scheme as well, so Villa Cash is no use for me in that regard.

My understanding is that the Food/Drink voucher book gives discounts against specific items rather than being usable against general purchases.

Did anyone use this offer ? If so, is my understanding correct ?

Its a package for £10 to include programme, beer, soft drink, pie and entrance to a pre match bar

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 10:36:11 AM »
I think the only vouchers I ever used were the couple of £1 off ones for my son's programme. I used the cash this season for me and my son to go to the Sheffield United game, so basically a free match for the two of us.

Bet you were happy afterwards

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 10:39:11 AM »

At least you didn't need to join us in the queue, asking for our money back.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 12:08:26 PM »

He was, until he found out that he'd been sitting next to me.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 12:10:09 PM »
Pretty much decided not to renew due to the crap on display and changes to ko times - will use Viagogo and offers to still turn up when I can and if (big IF) we have shown some guts in the transfer market and displays improve would have a half ST for Xmas.

The pull to just renew was remarkably strong!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal