collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert's worst signing?  (Read 22887 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Lambert's worst signing?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 11:26:54 PM »
James Vaughan.

Crap Lambert signing, now at Huddlesfield.

Edit: Just checked and see he was born in Sutton so probably a Villa fan. If so, he's ace.

I was nosing around a Norwich forum yesterday and a few of them were saying Norwich were nuts to sell him, and he's done really well since leaving.

A BlueNose in Sutton? About as rare as a Villa home win. Oops!

Sorry, forgot we won yesterday. LAMBERT IN!!!

Christ, Rudy, is it your time of month or something? What on earth are you on about? Lambert in? For pointing out something I read on a Norwich forum?

You've gone all emotional on us.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2014, 11:31:45 PM »
Controversial but Bowery for me

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2014, 11:53:27 PM »
Tonev is useless, when I hear there is a decent player in there somewhere, yes like in his dreams.

One of the worst Villa players I have ever seen.

Offline bill

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 11:54:24 PM »
Ahmadi. Always plays like he's got a broom stuck up his are.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 12:06:22 AM »
James Vaughan.

Crap Lambert signing, now at Huddlesfield.

Edit: Just checked and see he was born in Sutton so probably a Villa fan. If so, he's ace.

I was nosing around a Norwich forum yesterday and a few of them were saying Norwich were nuts to sell him, and he's done really well since leaving.

A BlueNose in Sutton? About as rare as a Villa home win. Oops!

Sorry, forgot we won yesterday. LAMBERT IN!!!

Christ, Rudy, is it your time of month or something? What on earth are you on about? Lambert in? For pointing out something I read on a Norwich forum?

You've gone all emotional on us.

Nonsense. I'm just gutted somebody I thought was a crap Lambert signing, who I then thought could be a Villa fan but turns out to be a Nose or do you only read responses to your posts?

As I've said before, there are many sticks to beat Lambert with but his transfers aren't one of them (except James Vaughan, obviously, the Bluenose bastard).

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 08:12:04 AM »
Tonev is useless, when I hear there is a decent player in there somewhere, yes like in his dreams.

One of the worst Villa players I have ever seen.

He certainly is in the mix.

He may get better. I was a little worried that it was a 'heart' not head signing.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 08:50:21 AM »
Culverhouse.   The players Lambert has signed who are not up to snuff are only players.   You give them a few chances (or in the case of Helenius a scrap of a chance) and if they can't do what they are paid to do it's one of the Bs, the bench or the bomb squad.   Culverhouse is just as culpable as Lambert in the inadequacies of coaching the best out of the players we do have (Tonev - don't shoot from thirty yards out, Weimann - don't snatch a shooting opportunities, KEA -front up your opponent just like you did against Norwich, Bennett - don't roam in field, Baker - don't let one mistake blow your game to pieces, - Vlaar - you are the captain talk to the referee frequently but respectfully etc etc).   As I have commented on other threads you can see there is a good team in there when we play like we did in the second quarter last Saturday.   That ability has to be brought out and that is Lambert's job and equally the job of the team he was allowed to bring with him.   You can carry a dud player or two, you can't carry a dud coach.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 08:57:37 AM »
bugger....beat me to it Brian.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 08:57:51 AM »
Bowery probably, but Kozak for the sheer weighting of priorities in favour of Big Strikers, then coming into January and saying 'oh, I suppose we might need "what-I-call-number-tens",  I've got a million left'. Anyway, we won well the other day, so it could be worse.

Offline Isa

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 09:00:22 AM »
I don't think Tonev has been given enough games to justify choosing him just yet. I'd go for Luna for a few reasons. Firstly, he is awful defender and has been disappointing offensively on top. Secondly, the left-back position was one of the major priorities in the summer and it was inexcusable that Lambert solution to it was another hopeful punt. Thirdly, I doubt he was even well scouted as I thought he was poor at Mallorca and his major faults were clearly evident, so I'm not sure what the manager saw in him.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »
I think Culverhouse is definitely up there.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2014, 09:14:06 AM »
Without looking at previous comments Culverhouse seemed the obvious choice. I see several agree with my thinking. But Lambert will not dispense with his services because unlike the players he probably sees Culverhouse as someone he can trust to agree with everything he says.

Offline bobdylan

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2014, 09:15:47 AM »
Helenius.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 09:29:36 AM »
Helenius.
How can anyone cast an opinion on a lad that cost very little and has had virtually no game time?!

Luna has had plenty of opportunity to delight ... and has failed. He gets my vote as worst player signed.
I agree that the coach should be dumped as well, since so many games have demonstrated poor technique and tactics.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 09:35:52 AM »
Enid, the tea lady at BMH. Cannot make tea at all. She uses round tea bags instead of pyramid ones ffs.
She does do a decent sponge cake , so it's not all that bad and her Nescafe Instant is ok.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal