collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Accounts are out.  (Read 59471 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: The Accounts are out.
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 08:09:26 PM »
If the plan is to remain "Financially self sufficient" there is not a lot of room for major signings.

This is why Lambert feels so comfortable, he has kept his side of the bargain and run to a budget.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »
It also didn't include a profit on player sales this year, and will have the amortisation of higher valued players. But until more detail is available it's not clear. What does seem to be clear is that the previous year's accounts would have been a whole lot worse but for the player sales and the interest waiver.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 08:14:03 PM »
I think ultimately Lerner is yes a businessman but a businessman with soft business skills.  He is almost philanthropic rather than hard headed businessman. 

I feel he has been very badly advised, lead in the wrong direction by appointments of poor leaders whom he placed a lot of trust in.  The club is just crying out for someone of the nouse and stature of David Dein who knows the business inside out.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:15:50 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 08:16:33 PM »
If the plan is to remain "Financially self sufficient" there is not a lot of room for major signings.

This is why Lambert feels so comfortable, he has kept his side of the bargain and run to a budget.

that's not true at all. Despite being in a much worse position than we are today the club made significant funds available to Lambert and McLeish. It's all about how the money is spent from this point on as opposed to just being about how much. You can have a net spend of 25m that is a complete waste, on 7 or 8 players or invested on  3 or 4 players that actually start to make us better. We've done the first two of those options, and I would hope that we will start to move towards option three.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 08:18:09 PM »
I think ultimately Lerner is yes a businessman but a businessman with soft business skills.  He is almost philanthropic rather than hard headed businessman. 

I feel he has been very badly advised, lead in the wrong direction by appointments of poor leaders whom he placed a lot of trust in.  The club is just crying out for someone of the nouse and stature of David Dein who knows the business inside out.

but even the David Dein's or Daniel Levy's of the world have overseen and agreed to sign players to huge transfer fees or wages that haven't worked out. Look at a lot of the current crop of Spurs players and 60m worth on two players that can't get a game.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 08:18:40 PM »
So, according to those figures we are on track then ?
Good.

Reading between the lines, it was the last year of being up shit creek and this year we've got a paddle.

Cue this being the season we get relegated!

I've had a look at the article but it's all financial gobbledegook that goes over my head! Can anyone find what our actual wage bill total is now and what the percentage it is in terms of turnover now as those are the main ones that interest me and have obviously handicapped us in the last few seasons.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 08:22:43 PM »
Good.

Reading between the lines, it was the last year of being up shit creek and this year we've got a paddle.

Cue this being the season we get relegated!

I've had a look at the article but it's all financial gobbledegook that goes over my head! Can anyone find what our actual wage bill total is now and what the percentage it is in terms of turnover now as those are the main ones that interest me and have obviously handicapped us in the last few seasons.
we wont know that until we get this last years accounts a year from now.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 08:29:40 PM »
It should still have reduced in the 2013 accounts.  But not as much as it will in next years accounts.  Sell Benteke after the World Cup and we'll be laughing by the time the 2015 accounts are published.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 08:42:17 PM »
It should still have reduced in the 2013 accounts.  But not as much as it will in next years accounts.  Sell Benteke after the World Cup and we'll be laughing by the time the 2015 accounts are published.

Yes, we should be well set as a club to bounce back up from The Championship at the first attempt...

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 08:45:24 PM »
It's always amazed me when people doubt Randy's good will. His competence, sure. His long term plans, I can see the discussion. But whenever people say that he's just trying to make money out of the club I think they're just repeating a cliche about foreign owners which they've seen in the papers. Randy has never been less than exemplary off the pitch - it's on the pitch where his decisions have been disastrously odd.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 08:47:51 PM »
It's always amazed me when people doubt Randy's good will. His competence, sure. His long term plans, I can see the discussion. But whenever people say that he's just trying to make money out of the club I think they're just repeating a cliche about foreign owners which they've seen in the papers. Randy has never been less than exemplary off the pitch - it's on the pitch where his decisions have been disastrously odd.
Correct.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 08:49:48 PM »

Indeed. He really does deserve a bit of good luck on the managerial front. Hopefully he'll see sense and choose well in the summer.

As for Paulie's concerns about Randy not being at games, I still believe it's for family reasons, specifically his younger son, rather than not wishing to travel so far to see firsthand the dross we turn out every week.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 08:56:52 PM »

Indeed. He really does deserve a bit of good luck on the managerial front. Hopefully he'll see sense and choose well in the summer.

As for Paulie's concerns about Randy not being at games, I still believe it's for family reasons, specifically his younger son, rather than not wishing to travel so far to see firsthand the dross we turn out every week.

He used to sit in the executive box behind me in the Trinity and he sometimes had his young son with him anyway. The kid was a Villa nut who used to go ballistic when we scored. Plus he's got a private jet for crying out loud.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2014, 08:57:45 PM »
Good.

That's what i thought. A decent sized paddle as well.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 08:59:52 PM »
One or two "Randy is making a fortune out of our club" folk need to bookmark this.

Don't they just. And maybe even read it.
Well I take it all back, Randy is not making a penny out of us.   Still fucked us up though...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal