collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:10:09 AM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:03:36 AM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 08:59:44 AM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by Clampy
[Today at 08:56:11 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 08:54:07 AM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by manic-road
[Today at 08:47:07 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 08:29:45 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:28:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert Interview from Sky today  (Read 15147 times)

Offline Bottom Right 89

Re: Paul Lambert Interview from Sky today
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »
Did I click on the right link? seemed perfectly understandable to me and spoke a lot of sense. Finish as high as we can, mid table or higher what is wrong with that? After last season refreshing the league table every five minutes on a weekend and looking at other teams fixture lists I would be happy with midtable and keeping above the line from now untill the end of this season.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 06:04:50 PM »
I'd be fine with mid table if we were middle on points, but sadly we are 4 points from the bottom 3 and 9 points off 9th. Not losing to lower league opposition in the cups every time would be a bonus too.

Back to the interview... dour and incomprehensible, just like his tactics.

Chelsea are top with 60. Half of 60 is 30 and if we win our game tomorrow we'd be on 31. That would be pretty much middle on points and actually mid table sitting in 11th. So you will be fine by your definition.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2014, 06:29:51 PM »
I'd be fine with mid table if we were middle on points, but sadly we are 4 points from the bottom 3 and 9 points off 9th. Not losing to lower league opposition in the cups every time would be a bonus too.

Back to the interview... dour and incomprehensible, just like his tactics.

Chelsea are top with 60. Half of 60 is 30 and if we win our game tomorrow we'd be on 31. That would be pretty much middle on points and actually mid table sitting in 11th. So you will be fine by your definition.

Indeed.

What could possibly go wrong with that suggested course of events?

*wink*

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 09:38:54 PM »
Did I click on the right link? seemed perfectly understandable to me and spoke a lot of sense. Finish as high as we can, mid table or higher what is wrong with that? After last season refreshing the league table every five minutes on a weekend and looking at other teams fixture lists I would be happy with midtable and keeping above the line from now untill the end of this season.

Don't be ridiculous. He spoke, therefore it's a good opportunity to rip him to shreds.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
Ron Saunders never talked more than he needed to the press, wasnt exactly a laugh a minute like big Ron. However, he knew what he was doing, though there were many fans in 78/79 and 79/80 on his back. I dont have a problem with the way Lambert comes across with the press, my problem is whether he puts his points across to the players.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2014, 10:51:50 PM »
What uninspiring inarticulate crap. He cant string an intelligible sentence together. No vision, he actually said "mid table or a little bit higher"

His team and tactics reflect his personality and character. Not very bright and totally lacking any excitement..

He is safe in the mediocrity bubble with Lerner and Faulkner. If ever there was evidence to show why these people should not be running this club, this interview demonstrated this perfectly.
The modern Aston Villa, no ambition and zero entertainment.

Do you really take that much offence at it, though? The interview, I mean? I just watched it through, and to be honest, I don't see the big deal.

He was talking about possession but said you also need a cutting edge. That's surely one of the most obvious statements anyone could make about football? I don't really see how we can draw much from that other than just take it at face value.

The fact is, we're never, ever going to get any real insight of any true value from a standard interview with Sky Sports like that.

As for inarticulate, he sounded relatively cogent to me.
Not offence as such, it just confirmed what a lot of us have suspected. The ambition of the Club is not to get relegated, that is it. So are Everton a club with similar resources giving up on trying to get into the top 6 or even higher? Most of it was incoherent mumbling, rarely do we get to hear anything from the club in terms of plans or strategy so when the Manager gets the opportunity to communicate with the outside world you would just hope that it was a bit more inspiring than we have thrown in the towel. The bloke is a dud.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2014, 10:58:24 PM »
Not offence as such, it just confirmed what a lot of us have suspected. The ambition of the Club is not to get relegated, that is it. So are Everton a club with similar resources giving up on trying to get into the top 6 or even higher? Most of it was incoherent mumbling, rarely do we get to hear anything from the club in terms of plans or strategy so when the Manager gets the opportunity to communicate with the outside world you would just hope that it was a bit more inspiring than we have thrown in the towel. The bloke is a dud.

For something that was just 'incoherent mumbling', you seem to have understood it well enough to comment on what he said.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:00:21 PM by SheffieldVillain »

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2014, 11:08:34 PM »

For something that was just 'incoherent mumbling', you seem to have understood it well enough to comment on what he said.
I think I said most of it was incoherent mumbling, yes I did manage to work out that he is not very bright.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2014, 11:12:57 PM »
Ron Saunders never talked more than he needed to the press, wasnt exactly a laugh a minute like big Ron. However, he knew what he was doing, though there were many fans in 78/79 and 79/80 on his back. I dont have a problem with the way Lambert comes across with the press, my problem is whether he puts his points across to the players.

Agree with everything except his post match interviews where he has a special talent of speaking out his arse.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2014, 11:17:00 PM »
Fair comment Rudy Lambert, but I cant recall Sir Ron slagging off players in the press and he was in a far better position than Lambert other than 75/76.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 11:18:24 PM »

You are being cantankerous as usual. Chicago Lion has it spot on.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2014, 11:20:53 PM »

Clappy Thingy- Cheers DC5

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2014, 11:21:38 PM »

However what I'm not doing is resorting to personal insults. Perhaps you could show the same courtesy?

My point being that saying Lambert 'can't string an intelligible sentence together', then going on to disassemble everything he said seems to me to be a contradiction.

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2014, 11:37:31 PM »
Sorry, Chicago Lion obviously just speaks as he finds. I can't fault him. You made no point, other than preaching the views of the little group who are getting very boring.

I did make a point, it's in the post above.

I have no intention of carrying this on any further. If you want to start throwing insults and labeling groups of people who happen to disagree with you, play by yourself. I'm not biting.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:49:20 PM by SheffieldVillain »

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2014, 11:41:08 PM »

However what I'm not doing is resorting to personal insults. Perhaps you could show the same courtesy?

My point being that saying Lambert 'can't string an intelligible sentence together', then going on to disassemble everything he said seems to me to be a contradiction.
Sorry, Chicago Lion obviously just speaks as he finds. I can't fault him. You made no point, other than preaching the views of the little group who are getting very boring.

I did make a point, it's in the post above.

I have no intention of carrying this on any further. If you want to start throwing insults and labeling groups of people who happen to disagree with you, play by yourself. I'm not biting.

I'm not biting, just saying that you are cantankerous.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal