collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Transfer Speculation / Gossip  (Read 1091391 times)

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Transfer Speculation / Gossip
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 03:22:03 AM »
As a back-up option, I'd prefer him to Holt. But I don't think he'd be on back-up wages, somehow.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 09:04:38 AM »
The club are going to have to pull their finger out in the transfer market this summer. I sense the loyalty and patience of a lot of season ticket holders is wearing thin.

You know we have had a lot of important transfer windows in the last few years. But I really do think this one will be crucial for that reason.

We have a squad now, we have reduced the wage bill significantly, we have a lot of younger players who have gained experience in the last few years.

If we were to buy some class and guile, players who really improve the first team, then it would lift the club. More of the same policy we have seen recently would just add to the malaise and dark clouds hanging over the club at present.

I certainly think it's the most important one of Lambert's tenure with the club.  Getting it right will go a long way to dispel many doubts about him, but get it wrong fail to push on again and I think the writing is on the wall for him. 

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2014, 11:49:38 AM »
The writing could be on the wall for him and the summer transfer window an irrelevance come the last day of the season.   For that reason I think the window just gone was the most important of Lambert's tenure.    Failure to act in the summer if we are still a premiership club would mean no more or no less than total loss of ambition at VP, if we are not a premiership club in the summer much of the reason for that can fairly be placed at the "roll the dice" policy of the January window this year.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 11:53:30 AM »
I never trust a player whose name I can't spell or pronounce.   Why can't we sign Rat?   That I can spell and pronounce.

Roland I presume ?

Offline brian green

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2014, 11:58:45 AM »
They would not have anybody at Spammers with such a sophisticated name as Roland.

Offline brian green

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »
In fact it is possibly the only thing which might get me to go to a Stripey Filth game if they were playing Wet Spam in the hope of hearing the Gornal version of the famous James Cagney line "Yo Dorty Rot".

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2014, 12:17:37 PM »
West Ham released Rat in January. I think he has a career-threatening ability problem.

Offline brian green

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »
Another dream bites the dust.   I hope he gets a job in a cheese factory.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »
In fact it is possibly the only thing which might get me to go to a Stripey Filth game if they were playing Wet Spam in the hope of hearing the Gornal version of the famous James Cagney line "Yo Dorty Rot".

There's rots as big as cots araahnd by we.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2014, 12:47:56 PM »
West Ham released Rat in January. I think he has a career-threatening ability problem.

An ability problem you say? We'll take him, his assimilation will take seconds.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 01:41:02 PM »
The writing could be on the wall for him and the summer transfer window an irrelevance come the last day of the season.   For that reason I think the window just gone was the most important of Lambert's tenure.    Failure to act in the summer if we are still a premiership club would mean no more or no less than total loss of ambition at VP, if we are not a premiership club in the summer much of the reason for that can fairly be placed at the "roll the dice" policy of the January window this year.

This sums things up perfectly for me.  A total waste of a transfer window, notwithstanding whether the line that we were in big for someone being the truth or otherwise.  If someone like me whom I consider to be thick as pig shit can see most of our shortcomings, why, oh why can't the manager who has had a grounding in professional football virtually since leaving school?

I now find myself not only dreading match day but, the couple of days leading up to it.  Maybe it's a distance thing more than anything, I don't know.  Like most of us on here; I would prefer this thread being opened from a position of safety, something I think is a long way off.  I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Online supertom

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »
They didn't release him he just left the sinking ship.
I'd like to see him climbing up a drainpipe too. If he's good at that, we'll sign him.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2014, 11:17:31 PM »
I'm surprised Sam didn't take to Razvan, he was so solid for Romania and his previous clubs.

Offline bob rowe

• Benito's Headband
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2014, 12:09:38 PM »
It appears we are interested in Dedryck Boyate of Man City. Anyone know anything about him? I dont.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 12:19:56 PM »
He's been at Man. City for ages, hasn't been amazing when he's been on loan to Bolton and abroad.

Can play right back or centre half so suggests this would be Lowton's replacement.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal