collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Jacob Ramsey by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:28:19 AM]

NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:22:15 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by mrfuse
[Today at 11:16:17 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AV84
[Today at 11:13:21 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by coreyfeldman
[Today at 11:10:40 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Questions From Newcastle Fans  (Read 25609 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Questions From Newcastle Fans
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »
This is a crafty pre match ploy by Pardew.

You mean Parsnip Pardew?
That mean really IS a root vegetable.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 11:47:08 AM »
1 – How do you think you’ll line up?   Badly
2 – How has Aston Villa's season gone so far? Happy?  We lure teams into a false sense of security and then make them pay by bringing on Grant Holt.  Relatively unhappy, can't see where we're going.
3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Aston Villa? Who has disappointed?  Delph and Albrighton have been better than most, and disappointments are there in abundance; Westwood, Weimann, Luna, Clark, Baker, Lowton, Helenius...
4 – What are your views on Paul Lambert at the moment?  He seems tactically clueless, especially at home.  He seems to have a mega attack of sense every few months, e.g. Liverpool and Arsenal away and making three subs at West Brom in November.
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?  For you Ben Arfa, Sissoko and Remy, and we need to rely on pace on the counter - Albrighton's crossing, Agbonlahor's pace and Benteke's finishing will be crucial.
6 – Where do you think Aston Villa will finish now? 10th/11th, but with a real good run we could pip Southampton or you.
7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now?  9th, and if they carry on in their current run, 11th.
8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down?  1: Chelsea  2: Man Citeh  3: Arsenal  4: Liverpool  5: Spurs  6: Everton
9 – Scoreline prediction?  2-0 Villa, both goals on the counter.

10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?
  [b]A potato, because once a blue moon (in my household anyway) they're roasted and taste nice, like the Villa - 1 good performance every month or so.
[/i][/b]

Offline supertom

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 11:47:25 AM »
When I read it first, it reminded me of one of those cringeworthy questions from Blind Date in the 90s.

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a cauliflower and you could be broccoli as we'd go togther so well!"
I hope she picked you John! ;)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 11:51:13 AM »
When I read it first, it reminded me of one of those cringeworthy questions from Blind Date in the 90s.

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a cauliflower and you could be broccoli as we'd go togther so well!"
I hope she picked you John! ;)

No, but it was the week that colossally fake bitch Amanda Holden was on, so I had a lucky escape  ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:45:23 PM by Concrete John »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 12:34:29 PM »
How simple your life must be if you let a flippant throwaway comment bother you so much.

Perhaps you just don't condone the ridicule of a club legend. Some of us are a bit simplistic like that.

Offline Fred

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 01:22:16 PM »
HA! just read the first page of comments about somebody else saying about Graham Taylor... Was first thing that came to my head too.

Brilliant. Perhaps you'd like to explain why you're happy to ridicule a man who did more for our club than just about anyone else alive.

A great football man too who still calls Villa "US" if you have ever had the pleasure of speaking to him. I work with a villa fan who thinks the "T" word is funny and find it amazing that any Villa fan would use it about such a great Villa man.

It is not.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »
How simple your life must be if you let a flippant throwaway comment bother you so much.

Perhaps you just don't condone the ridicule of a club legend. Some of us are a bit simplistic like that.

Yes and such fierce riducle it was, you can tell Super Tom really wanted to be malicious - by the fleeting reference to a nickname that was used in the press 20 years ago.

Good job you are here to defend SGT really otherwise who knows where the harsh ridicule may end.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 01:41:06 PM »

Yes and such fierce riducle it was, you can tell Super Tom really wanted to be malicious - by the fleeting reference to a nickname that was used in the press 20 years ago.

Good job you are here to defend SGT really otherwise who knows where the harsh ridicule may end.

With anyone thinking it's funny being told what a ****** they are, probably.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 02:03:20 PM »

With anyone thinking it's funny being told what a c*** they are, probably.

My advice - dry those salty tears that are running down your cheeks - take a deep breath - and try and gain some perspective on life.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 02:11:36 PM »

With anyone thinking it's funny being told what a c*** they are, probably.

My advice - dry those salty tears that are running down your cheeks - take a deep breath - and try and gain some perspective on life.

Aren't you the clever one? Perhaps you could tell us all what and what isn't important enough to comment on.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 02:15:41 PM »
1 – How do you think you’ll line up? No idea
2 – How has Aston Villa's season gone so far? Happy? Nope
3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Aston Villa? Who has disappointed? No real surprises, lots of disappointments - lowton, Westwood, Benteke.
4 – What are your views on Paul Lambert at the moment? Crap manager
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? Us vlaar , you Ben Arfa
6 – Where do you think Aston Villa will finish now? 15th
7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now? 9th
8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down? Unsure
9 – Scoreline prediction? 3-0 home win
10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be? Plain boiled potato.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 02:43:30 PM »
1 – How do you think you’ll line up?
433. If we are losing we will switch to 217

2 – How has Aston Villa's season gone so far? Happy?
Disappointing, I expected us to be mid-table this season so can't complain to much, quality of football has been very poor at times.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Aston Villa? Who has disappointed?
Delph has been a big plus. Benteke and Weimann have been disappointing for a fair bit of the season.

4 – What are your views on Paul Lambert at the moment?
He still has my support, but it's getting borderline at times.

5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?
Gabby. If he is on form we will get a result.
No idea. Does Micky Quinn still play for you?

6 – Where do you think Aston Villa will finish now?
11th

7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now?
9th

8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down?
Don't care this season about the top 6.
Cardiff, Fulham, Albion

9 – Scoreline prediction?
Smeg knows, we could win 3-1 or lose 3-0. We are a pretty random side.

10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be
An onion, I love it, but sometimes brings tears to my eyes.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »

1 – How do you think you’ll line up? The same team that started against Cardiff.
2 – How has Aston Villa's season gone so far? Happy? We have gone backwards since the run in last season, The football is awful at times.
3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Aston Villa? Who has disappointed? How poor Benteke has been in comparison to last season. Tonev is dreadfull.
4 – What are your views on Paul Lambert at the moment? I think he is very lucky to be in the job.
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? Ben Arfa for you Bentekes performance good or bad will have a bearing on the outcome.
6 – Where do you think Aston Villa will finish now? 15th.
7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now?9th
8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down? Citeh Chels Arse Red Scouse Spuds Manure, Fulham Cardiff Norwich
9 – Scoreline prediction? 2-1 to the Toon
10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be? A cabbage, dosent taste that great and cooked badly can stink the place out.

Offline class_of_82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 05:36:09 PM »
Is it me or do any villa fans go on to other clubs websites and ask such stupid monotonous boring dumb ass questions,

If you were a vegetable, give me strength please god

Where do you think you will finish, no please I beg no more

Question back- why was Alan shearer a hero to you when he was a thug in stripes- kicking neil lennons head off and saying to the f.a. If you ban me I won't play for England.

P.s. Is bohemian rhapsody still at number 1 in the Geordie charts

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 05:43:59 PM »
Is it me or do any villa fans go on to other clubs websites and ask such stupid monotonous boring dumb ass questions,

If you were a vegetable, give me strength please god

Where do you think you will finish, no please I beg no more

Question back- why was Alan shearer a hero to you when he was a thug in stripes- kicking neil lennons head off and saying to the f.a. If you ban me I won't play for England.

P.s. Is bohemian rhapsody still at number 1 in the Geordie charts
Hmmm, I'm guessing not much of that will make the final cut  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal