collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Prized possessions, tat and other Villa memorabilia  (Read 27415 times)

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Prized possessions, tat and other Villa memorabilia
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 06:37:03 PM »
I have two lovely and rather rare prize possessions

'The Story of Aston Villa' written in 1947 by Norman Edwards which is a cartoon history of the Villa and similarly 'Aston Villa's Cup History' which is a similar cartoon history written by Norman in 1957 after we last won the cup. Handed down through my family. Also got a teddy bear from 81 with a 'Kings of the League, Aston Villa' patch on it and a money box circa about 1975 with the old Villa crest. Plus a tie from 57 - claret with just a pale blue lion on it.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 06:37:25 PM »
I still have my 57 scarf knitted by my mom.   It was of shawl proportions when she made it for me to wear at Wembley but over the years it has become at least eight feet long and four inches wide from being trailed behind cars.   If my house was on fire it would be the only thing I would save with the exception on my magic plastic Villa key ring figure about an inch high and long since detached from a key ring.   I was on holiday in Cromer sitting on a bench on the sea front and I saw my magic figurine lying under the bench.   You can just make out the Villa colours it is so old and worn.   But the minute I picked it up I knew it was really powerful medicine.  Within seconds of holding it my phone beeped and it was my son Lucas sending me  a two word message - "O'Leary Gone"

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 06:44:07 PM »
I've got a shirt signed by Johnny Dixon and Colin Gibson. They were both outside Wembley before the 2000 Cup Final.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 10:52:58 PM »
I reckon this is pretty unique in the novelty tat stakes, a mate bought it me when he was in the Czech Republic, not surprisingly the main doll is Baros. The rest are Angel, Sorensen, Mellberg and Barry.

I bought a set in Prague the day of the 7-1 at Cheski. I thought we would never fair that badly at the bridge for years to come.
It's Carew,Young, Gabi, Milner and someone else.
They look blood great though.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 07:59:15 AM »
I have all the Villa programmes to every game I have been to, including the first one which was signed by John Gidman.
I also have two signed  birthday cards - one by Peter Withe and one by Ron Saunders (PW visited me in hospital on my 16th Birthday with lots of Villa goodies!)

Not Villa but a prized possession - my Grandfather's  England youth cap from 1926- he was playing for Tamworth Castle at the time.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 08:44:25 AM »
There's a pub-style mirror with the old Villa crest on and a list of the club's honours at my Dad's house. You can place it to between 1977 and 1981 based on the honours listed. I think they used to have it in the downstairs bog. Anyway, I love it and fully intend to claim as an inheritance.

Offline willywombat

Offline eastie

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 10:21:36 AM »
There's a pub-style mirror with the old Villa crest on and a list of the club's honours at my Dad's house. You can place it to between 1977 and 1981 based on the honours listed. I think they used to have it in the downstairs bog. Anyway, I love it and fully intend to claim as an inheritance.

I had one of those but sadly it broke , I have been looking to replace it but whenever they come up on ebay they attract a lot of bidders and are hard to get.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 12:01:05 PM »
Is this the mirror? Best picture I could do with my phone. My folks bought me and my sister one when they came out, mine is rather worn on the frame from various house moves etc.

They also got us round mirrors, from the 80s I think, that looked great. Sadly mine got broken in a move years ago.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 12:03:48 PM »
I want one of those.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 12:14:32 PM »
I've got a vinyl album 33 rpm of the 82 euro cup campaign

Is that the BBC Radio WM one? I've got that. I also have Dave Ismay's We're The Holte End/A.S.T.O.N. V.I.L.L.A. on blue vinyl with the claret label. My most cherished possession is my Villa travellers club pennant from the coach trip to Rotterdam.

Offline eastie

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »
Is this the mirror? Best picture I could do with my phone. My folks bought me and my sister one when they came out, mine is rather worn on the frame from various house moves etc.

They also got us round mirrors, from the 80s I think, that looked great. Sadly mine got broken in a move years ago.

That's the one pws - I am prepared to swap for a fully working villa snowglobe ;)

Offline eastie

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 12:27:47 PM »

Is that the BBC Radio WM one? I've got that. I also have Dave Ismay's We're The Holte End/A.S.T.O.N. V.I.L.L.A. on blue vinyl with the claret label. My most cherished possession is my Villa travellers club pennant from the coach trip to Rotterdam.

There is also a league champions LP with commentaries from the title season and a 1975 league cup final LP.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 12:33:44 PM »
I framed European cup winners shirt by entire squad (signed at the 25th dinner) - proudly hung on office wall

A lump of the Holte on show with plaque at home

An LP of the commentry from Everton LC final replay at Old Trafford - not seen one since i got it in the 80's

Weer going up - single

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 12:35:29 PM »

There is also a league champions LP with commentaries from the title season and a 1975 league cup final LP.

I've got the '75 League Cup Final commentary LP.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal