collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Prized possessions, tat and other Villa memorabilia  (Read 27414 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: Prized possessions, tat and other Villa memorabilia
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2014, 01:59:06 PM »
Most prized would be some of the stuff Brian Godfrey got for me including a signed away shirt. He also got my "History of Aston Villa" book signed by around 40 players during a club night - I was always so appreciative of him doing that.

I was sorting out all my old shirts and other bits in the garage last weekend - the memories it brought back were quite incredible. Items I hadn't seen in years, everything has a story and reminded me of friends past and present who I'd been to games with.

I was in there for hours and it was stark reminder what an amzing time I've had supporting this wonderful football club.

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2014, 03:38:46 PM »
For our wedding, my wife got me this T-shirt, signed by Sid, my favourite ever Villa player. It sits by my desk at home now and I absolutely love it. Sid was, as you'd expect, a total gent to my then fiancee when she sent it to him, via the club, and couldn't have been more helpful.

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:45:09 PM by IAmTheOneIanOlney »

Offline gervilla

« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2015, 03:48:10 PM »

Purchased in Prague a few years ago. Glad I went back to the hotel for a snooze after buying instead of going to the pub to watch the Villa game. We lost 7-1 at Stamford Bridge. That would have ruined the holiday.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2015, 03:36:42 AM »
I have got a fantastic picture on my living room wall. Black and white one of the '57 team, manager and trophy. It looks like it is taken at a training ground in front of the changing rooms. I cannot for the life of me remember where or when I got it. I suspect someone gave it to me when I was too young to appreciate it.
i have that too Damo. My mum and dad got it from an antiques fair. The glass smashed on it and the picture is really faded as it wasn't photo quality paper, but I know the one you're talking about. I don't recognise the location, but I always thought it looked like it was taken in bourneville due to the building in the background. Would be interested to know where it was taken if anyone knows.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2015, 11:58:19 AM »
I have got a fantastic picture on my living room wall. Black and white one of the '57 team, manager and trophy. It looks like it is taken at a training ground in front of the changing rooms. I cannot for the life of me remember where or when I got it. I suspect someone gave it to me when I was too young to appreciate it.
i have that too Damo. My mum and dad got it from an antiques fair. The glass smashed on it and the picture is really faded as it wasn't photo quality paper, but I know the one you're talking about. I don't recognise the location, but I always thought it looked like it was taken in bourneville due to the building in the background. Would be interested to know where it was taken if anyone knows.

It could well be Bournville as that's where they trained the week before the final.

Online steamer

« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »
Gervilla

I also saw those in Prague, and not sure why I did not buy.
Plenty old stuff, one day will look at programs, but in essence most Home and many always from 68 to 89 many prior to that including 57 cup final.
Blues Villa from 49.
probably my best (apart from a photo of my late dad and brother holding European cup) is a button hole badge of a Villa player that I got from my   great granddad.
Going by his age and the kit on the badge, I would guess late 40,s early 50,s

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2015, 07:29:20 PM »
B23
I was part of that 2000 a side game on the beach absolutely magical.
My memento is my original share certificate my grandad bought for me then on my 16th birthday transferred it into my name in 1976.
Also my chance meeting with randy Lerner in London (posted under Perry-Barr-pet) chatted away for at least 25 minutes like two best mates about the best club in the world.

Also folks carlsberg don't do birthday and Father's Day prezzies but if they did.
Row 24 seat 148 upper Holte season ticket from my kids

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2015, 09:46:06 PM »
B23
I was part of that 2000 a side game on the beach absolutely magical.
My memento is my original share certificate my grandad bought for me then on my 16th birthday transferred it into my name in 1976.
Also my chance meeting with randy Lerner in London (posted under Perry-Barr-pet) chatted away for at least 25 minutes like two best mates about the best club in the world.

Also folks carlsberg don't do birthday and Father's Day prezzies but if they did.
Row 24 seat 148 upper Holte season ticket from my kids

Hope you behave yourself, that's the row in front of me. The rest of the row is occupied by tourists for the "big games"

Offline trog

« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2015, 11:10:12 PM »
one of mine has to be a get well card that was sent to the late noel gordon. signed by all the players and staff with a big villa rosette on the front and old style villa badge.a chap i once worked with his wife used to clean for her and gave it to me after she had a clear out.he was a baggies fan. number two is all the old stubbs from my season ticket when we last won the championship still in its clear plastic cover just cant get rid of even after wife keeps putting it out when cleaning out draws. they just dont understand do they?

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2015, 08:42:08 PM »
Fasth56
We got seat 147-48-49 when we looked on the upper Holte plan it was showing all grey which I thought meant all those seats was sold. Hope so cause if I see any arf n arf scarves.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal