collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2014-15  (Read 42796 times)

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
Re: 2014-15
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2014, 03:27:46 PM »
It's the TV for me. There is no point me having a ST as I live too far away and work regular weekends. I had pencilled in the Norwich and Chelsea games with my Son but moved day and time so I cannot go.  That really p***es me off as watching on TV is not quite the same (although the frustration always surfaces!).

I would love to have a ST and it one of things I may get when I retire!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »
It's a funny business being a football supporter. I can perfectly understand people getting fed up and deciding that there are better ways to spend their time and money and yet at the same time 'fair-weather fan' is a grievous insult and "only sing when you're winning" is heard every week up and down the country.

As I said I understand it and no criticism is implied but it just goes to show what a complex relationship we have with the game in general and our club in particular.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »
It's a funny business being a football supporter. I can perfectly understand people getting fed up and deciding that there are better ways to spend their time and money and yet at the same time 'fair-weather fan' is a grievous insult and "only sing when you're winning" is heard every week up and down the country.

As I said I understand it and no criticism is implied but it just goes to show what a complex relationship we have with the game in general and our club in particular.

No criticism taken Chris - it reminds me of my first love, the one you think is The One - even today 40 years later I sometimes wonder what it would have been like to spend my life with her and I have a real heartache - I think this is how I will eventually experience the Villa - looking at the results and wondering what it might be like to be there - and then realise they've lost at home again...

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »

It's a fair point but in this day and age where football tickets now cost more than a tenner it's justifiable for people not to be questioned if they decide not to blindly fork out.

How many games in the last three season at home can you say genuinely were worth the admission price? WBA the other week was one but I'm struggling to get over five so eventually people's patience would be wearing thing.

Our attendances have held up remarkably well I think. Not sure what our lowest attendance has bene so far in the league but it's stayed around 36k for most of this season.

That said I do think Norwich will be pretty low, low 30s.

Offline Lky

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »
Attendances have been remarkable considering the tripe served up. This is largely due to relatively cheap tickets (ticket deals for multiple matches) but primarily because we must have a large season ticket holding compared with previous seasons. I'm guessing but this was probably due to the again relative good form at home post Christmas last year and the belief we had turned the corner and this season would be a continuation of better fortunes.
This has not been realised and season ticket sales will dramatically fall for next season. Should we both be in the PL next year expect the attendance to be around 27k. I just don't think the club realise this as they seem to be in another world when they talk about performances and results (Faulkner and Lambert).

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2014, 06:17:30 PM »
It is astonishing that we average 36k after the crap served up at home in the previous 4 calendar years. Utter shite for the large part. Even O'Neills last match was a turgid 1-0 loss to Blackburn

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2014, 09:55:30 PM »
I travelled down yesterday for the game..got in the pub for about.12 and when it came to 200pm i found myself for the first time ever not bothering to go, and i stayed in the pub and watched the Rugby instead..and for the first time ever i didnt miss being there.My apathy is more to do with football in general and not us being crap,but i have already decided that i wont be renewing again.

Again like others il pick my games next season when the tickets are value for money, and maybe if i go to less games, i might look forward to going to Villa Park again and not see it as a chore.

Id never thought id have a life without football everyweek, but its now a sport ive fallen out of love with.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2014, 11:51:16 PM »
Excellent news! You're notoriously unlucky, so you jacking it in is bound to coincide with a rebuilt midfield firing us along wih sexy football.

Innit

Anyone else and I'd have shrugged it off, but as it's Legion, I've just booked a hotel room for Cup Final weekend.

Where is the 2016 Champions League final?

I will renew. I take my son and this is only my third year of having a season ticket again after a fifteen year gap due to having jobs where I had to work weekends.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 11:26:54 AM »
I've banged on about this many times before, but the club really needs to start looking after season ticket holders when games are live on the box. My suggestion would be some kind of rebate off the following season's season ticket for every live home tv game we've made the effort to changes our plans for and still attend - when the increasingly more attractive and cheaper option is to watch in the warmth of a pub or your living room.
Clubs take in a fortune from TV and it's time some of this was diverted to the fans for playing their part in the show.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 11:41:19 AM »
Me and my brother have been going for 5 years straight and now we're packing it in. It is a chore now, and a lot of the time I am genuinely embarrassed by how we play. I only live 15 minutes away as well, but I'm done.

I still know a few season ticket holders who don't go to away games, so I'll just use their numbers and go to 5/6 away games. I much prefer away games. It's all a bit shit isn't it?

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »
I plan to renew but next season is the last chance under this regime.

If we are still woeful at home by way of style of football and results, I'll be packing in my ST until Lerner goes and probably just go to the odd game here and there.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2014, 11:56:05 AM »
It's highly likely that I won't be getting a season ticket in 2014-15 for the first time in around 16 years. What with the demise of the printed H&V fanzine (no requirement to sell any more), viagogo and the current cheap deal offers by the club I might as well do it on a single match basis thus saving money. Plus I won't have any wasted tickets when I go off on holiday. The insipid home performances I've witnessed over the last few seasons are also a factor.

Can't wait for 'the' telephone call...

I know the feeling, said to my brother that I'd be more likely to renew if we get relegated I think, at least it would be a bit of a change. Our seasons feel monotonous at that moment, always crap at home and trying to cling to Premier League survival. We are not Coventry City.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2014, 12:02:40 PM »
One of the reasons i have always had a season ticket is because of us reaching a cup final and being sure of a ticket. Now we don't even bother to compete in either cup as in Lambert's words it is "a distraction"  So i will not be renewing

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2014, 02:36:12 PM »
Wonder if they will drop the price if we go down being as they have a habbit of releasing prices very early.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2014, 02:37:55 PM »
It's highly likely that I won't be getting a season ticket in 2014-15 for the first time in around 16 years. What with the demise of the printed H&V fanzine (no requirement to sell any more), viagogo and the current cheap deal offers by the club I might as well do it on a single match basis thus saving money. Plus I won't have any wasted tickets when I go off on holiday. The insipid home performances I've witnessed over the last few seasons are also a factor.

Can't wait for 'the' telephone call...

I know the feeling, said to my brother that I'd be more likely to renew if we get relegated I think, at least it would be a bit of a change. Our seasons feel monotonous at that moment, always crap at home and trying to cling to Premier League survival. We are not Coventry City.
Would you bother if we went down and kept Lambert in charge considering his record with us vs lower division teams?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal