collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Important announcement  (Read 43419 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Important announcement
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 03:10:07 PM »
The candlelight vigil has already started at H&V Towers.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 03:12:18 PM »
I'm gutted to be honest, it's part of the matchday experience for me and I enjoy reading the paper version. I'll certainly be sad to see it go.

As an aside I'm even more determined now to get editions 99 and 127 to complete my collection so if anyone has either...

I have loads in my collection from the start in the shed - I will have a look for you tonight.

Much appreciated Eastie, thanks

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 03:12:54 PM »
*insert name of frequent poster and fanzine reader* hasn't taken it at all well

*insert photo of that monk setting himself on fire to protest the Vietnam War*

Post censored so as not to offend anyone.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 03:18:00 PM »
Been feeling a bit melancholy since, like Paul Ince, I was sacked by text earlier today. 23 years unbroken service, and I always enjoyed the feeling I was working for my beloved club in an indirect way.

Started during the reign of Doctor Jo, and I've loved almost every minute, weather aside. Resisted the overtures of friends many times to fake a mugging or change moody twenty pound notes, and never ripped Dave off for a penny (like he wouldn't have noticed).

Made lots of new friends, and saw old ones a lot more than I otherwise would have. VCTM, vespavillan, D.boy, john boy, peter w, Peter Withe, Peter Withe's shin, Kevin Dawson, fred m and his lovely wife Elaine, Dorset Villain, and loads more who's names I've forgotten at present or never knew. But to all my customers and those who just stopped for a chat, thanks for your time, company and money.

Best of all, while selling on Trinity Road, I met the beautiful Kerri, who went on to become my wife and the mother of two of my children. Then there's another two who got a bit of work experience by becoming my colleagues on the streets of Aston.

And contrary to popular belief, Dave is a great gaffer and a true friend.

Somebody will have to inform WMP that I'm not so busy before the match now.

Cheers everyone. It's been emotional.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:23:23 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 03:22:51 PM »
Been feeling a bit melancholy since, like Paul Ince, I was sacked by text earlier today. 23 years unbroken service, and I always enjoyed the feeling I was working for my beloved club in an indirect way.

Sacked by text AND pimps his son into the business. Are you sure you actually aren't Paul Ince?

Offline MarkM

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 03:33:32 PM »
When I was selling one of my regular customers bought my new born son his first ever Villa kit

When he had heard my son had been born he wondered over to me and gave it to me [he had just bought it from the club shop], didnt ask for a penny for it

Apart form the cold and wet, I loved selling H&V

In front of the old Trinity Road stand on an evening match was something special.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »
I can only echo what Percy said. I've met some great friends, even more great people, had some amazing times and been absolutely staggered by the loyalty and goodwill I've received. I've called in more favours than I've had the right to enjoy, had incredible responses and been genuinely touched so many times. But all good things come to an end and after 25 years it's time to do something new. We're not going away, we're just moving in a different direction and to re-iterate, there will probably be a couple of 'proper' round-ups of what's online each season. 

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 03:42:19 PM »
If this was an episode of Eastenders it would end with the piano version of the theme tune rather that the standard one.

Offline eastie

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 03:43:24 PM »
I can only echo what Percy said. I've met some great friends, even more great people, had some amazing times and been absolutely staggered by the loyalty and goodwill I've received. I've called in more favours than I've had the right to enjoy, had incredible responses and been genuinely touched so many times. But all good things come to an end and after 25 years it's time to do something new. We're not going away, we're just moving in a different direction and to re-iterate, there will probably be a couple of 'proper' round-ups of what's online each season. 

Thanks for all you have done in the fanzine in the past dave , you have put a lot of time into it and it very much appreciated by all the readers down the years I'm sure .
Here's to the next 25 years online !

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 03:47:47 PM »
Not a fan of this news, I like to have a copy in my hand to read during half time and my phone battery and connection are crap enough already.

Again thanks for all your efforts but I'm disappointed at this announcement. I'll probably have to read the bloody programme during lulls in play now!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 03:48:54 PM »
Oh and thanks to all the sellers who've stood in rain and snow and put up with idiots like me fumbling for change for years. On the brightside they'll have no excuse not to attend the pub before and after the game now!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014, 03:49:24 PM »
If this was an episode of Eastenders it would end with the piano version of the theme tune rather that the standard one.

I hope it would be more like "If you have been affected by the issues in this thread, call..."

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014, 03:50:40 PM »
Oh and thanks to all the sellers who've stood in rain and snow and put up with idiots like me fumbling for change for years. On the brightside they'll have no excuse not to attend the pub before and after the game now!

Poor buggers in the Bartons might start seeing me more often! They'll start a petition to get Dave to keep me on the streets!

Edit: I could probably have worded that last bit a bit better.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2014, 03:55:29 PM »
Talking of the Bartons it's a Saturday 3pm kick-off! Feels like ages since I've been there (no point going on a weekday as it shuts at about 10.30pm).

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2014, 03:55:30 PM »

Thanks for all you have done in the fanzine in the past dave , you have put a lot of time into it and it very much appreciated by all the readers down the years I'm sure .

Once more with feeling (to quote Joan A).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal