collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Important announcement  (Read 43420 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Important announcement
« Reply #240 on: March 31, 2014, 01:58:07 PM »
As Somniloquism says, it's difficult even to send a text on a match day, let alone access the web

I can normally get on the web outside the ground well enough to provide the team news to PWS and Legion.

No chance of web access during the game.

Online Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #241 on: March 31, 2014, 04:16:56 PM »
I asked Villa Hospitality if free or nominal charge wi-fi could be provided in communal areas and pre match rooms like the Holte Suite. I was told that this was not possible because of the potential demand and the possible interference with turnstile technology. As I am a computer dolt of the first kind I didn't question this although I did wonder why airports can provide such a facility without too much hassle.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »
Didn't the club make some announcement at the start of the season about 4G being installed at villa park to improve coverage?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2014, 04:40:42 PM »
New technology at VP was tested for the Chavski match. If anyone noticed, they had perfect internet connection etc that day. I know I did. When it will be rolled out permanently I don't know.

Offline johnboy

« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2014, 10:17:50 PM »
I'll miss it but the print was getting a bit too small to read, at least with the online version, I will be able to make the print readable

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2014, 09:01:56 PM »
The cover of the penultimate H&V jinxes Villa Centre forward - blame the editor !!!
Please stick a photo of Stephen Ireland on the last edition cover

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2014, 07:57:41 AM »
I asked Villa Hospitality if free or nominal charge wi-fi could be provided in communal areas and pre match rooms like the Holte Suite. I was told that this was not possible because of the potential demand and the possible interference with turnstile technology. As I am a computer dolt of the first kind I didn't question this although I did wonder why airports can provide such a facility without too much hassle.

I only bring your comment forward because I agree, but as far as turnstile technology using wireless connectivity as a reason, I think the twonk that told you that was giving you BS, when you go in Saturday look at all the wires leading from the turnstile terminals.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »
On the OS now that 4G will be available on matchdays

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »
There's no point in me having a 4G phone because we're lucky to get G let along 3G down here

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #249 on: April 04, 2014, 02:39:53 PM »
There's no point in me having a 4G phone because we're lucky to get G let along 3G down here

Babysteps you see, otherwise you'll startle the locals.

Offline JamesMcG

« Reply #250 on: May 05, 2014, 02:16:16 PM »
I'm not usually one for nostalgia, but I will definitely miss picking up a copy when at Villa Park. I remember buying my first H&V and laughing my arse off, and feeling slightly rebellious that I was reading something that was not The Official Line. For the first time I realised that it was ok to be pissed off with your club and that thousands of others were. It has been wonderfully both informative and subversive and long may it continue

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2014, 02:31:14 PM »
I have a few copies of H&V lying around, always a great read. Does anybody here remember THE VILLA BUGLE, or was anyone reading this involved in it?

Going back about 18 years now, this was in suburban Melbourne, a mate of mine lived next door to an abandoned house that was still in good nick but it was messy with a few belongings left behind. It must've had some English backpackers in it before they'd pissed off or the lease ran out. Imagine my surprise to find a copy of The Villa Bugle (The back had a photo of Bluenose 'Paul Twat' holding aloft the Auto Windscreens shield with Mickey Mouse's face imposed onto it ie. Mickey Mouse trophy). This was when the internet was still in it's infancy and information was nowhere near as rife and as easily obtainable as it is now, being abroad back then you had to scrounge for info on the Villa. There was also an Evening Mail guide to all the midlands squads.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal