collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by AV84
[Today at 07:29:21 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 07:28:00 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Toronto Villa
[Today at 07:22:55 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 07:22:44 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Smirker
[Today at 07:22:25 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:10:10 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Si
[Today at 07:09:29 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:05:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Paul Lambert thread - poll reset after our capitulation to Hull  (Read 1631193 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: The Paul Lambert thread - poll reset after our capitulation to Hull
« Reply #14340 on: March 31, 2015, 02:10:26 AM »
Well, i guess Lambert could have "asked him to sack him" if it was in the style of me when I argue with the Mrs and run out of ways to defend myself and resort to pointing at the door and shouting "there's the door, you can always LEAVE ME!"

I don't really want her to**, and she's clearly not going to do it, and I guess Lambert could have taken the same line when arguing with Randy.

Or he could just be inventing it. One thing I think is pretty clear is that the club has been an unholy organisational mess for the last few seasons (just look at the assistant managers situation for one example), so to be honest nothing would surprise me.

** well, maybe for a few days, say? A week or two possibly? That'd be nice.

The washing up doesn't half pile up quickly in the sink and cracking one off without having to listen out for the creaky stair isn't as exciting.

So I'm told. ;)

Offline Damo70

« Reply #14341 on: March 31, 2015, 02:18:23 AM »
In a "please sack me and pay up my contract in full" type of way? Yes, I could believe that.

Exactly. Not like the average bloke on the street asking for the sack. More like, "I've had enough of all the stress, you've probably had enough of me so do you fancy writing me out a six or seven figure cheque and I will get out of your hair. To prove there's no hard feelings I will send you a postcard if there is a postbox on the cruise ship."

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #14342 on: May 25, 2015, 06:43:10 PM »
Very wise words from Stuart James discussing his 'Biggest gripe' and who obviously had this thread in mind when he wrote:

I really wish this category wasn’t confined to work/football. Anyway, the usual things annoy me: diving and play-acting. Beyond that, people banging on about the importance of stability and citing what Fergie achieved at United in the same breath, as if every manager would turn into the Scot and have the same level of success if he was in a job long enough. Yes, clubs can be too quick at times to ditch a manager but, if Villa had stayed loyal to Paul Lambert, they would probably be playing in the Championship next season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal