collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Trouble last night  (Read 11153 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Trouble last night
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2014, 06:56:53 PM »
All this begs the question why this match wasn't played on saturday. it was moved assuming all premier league teams would have at least one club in the 4th round. Why they assumed this in advance of the fixtures I do not know. Easier to police an afternoon match than an evening one.

It was part of a routine round of fixtures. There's always a midweek round this time of the year.

They throw alotof stuff into that fixture computer - even down to seaside teams not being drawn at home on a bank holiday.
Surprising then that they wentfrom so many diaries on a week when the weekend was taken out. I suppose they may have thought in terms of cutting down travelling for fans on a set of evening fixtures.

Offline Hampshire Villa

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
wait for the Baggies DVD release, then you will be able to watch it! They seem to release a DVD for everything else.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2014, 08:52:02 PM »
All this begs the question why this match wasn't played on saturday. it was moved assuming all premier league teams would have at least one club in the 4th round. Why they assumed this in advance of the fixtures I do not know. Easier to police an afternoon match than an evening one.

It was part of a routine round of fixtures. There's always a midweek round this time of the year.

They throw alotof stuff into that fixture computer - even down to seaside teams not being drawn at home on a bank holiday.
Surprising then that they wentfrom so many diaries on a week when the weekend was taken out. I suppose they may have thought in terms of cutting down travelling for fans on a set of evening fixtures.

They don't normally think about that judging by the amount of times we've been scheduled to play Southampton or Newcastle on an evening match.

Offline peter w

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2014, 10:04:43 PM »
PW got it spot on. We landed on their manor early doors and 30 of us took the piss in their HQ til Blind Tony got a call on the blower to say MH and 30 of their top lads were waiting at the BG. We bailed out of there and walked over and sure enough they were waiting halfway up the hill, we steamed up there and they had it away on their toes straight away. I thought, somethings not right and sure enough, we gets round the corner and there's 300 of them, game lads all tooled up and ready, it was right on top I tell you but no-one took a backward step and there was a nice little toe to toe for a good 5 minutes , ( respect to the lad who got cut ). Harry the Lithuanian put their top lad on his arse and we were just getting them on their toes when OB turned up in numbers. Scuttle tried to pull everyone together but OB steamed in with batons and nicked a few so we dived into the nearest boozer til it quietened down. I would have stayed but we've got double Geography on Wednesdays so I arranged to meet the rest of the firm later

You are an intruder on this site from the Headhunters or the ICF. The fact that nobody in your firm took a slap gives the game away.

As we said we took their slap and come out on top. As ever.

Seriously though, Unlike them, and the other lot, we see them as finishing above us a sign that ultimately we've performed badly over the season. If we finish 16th and them 17th , it would nothing to us finish as top dogs in the midlands.

We are top dogs in the midlands. And whatever division, never mind,which position, we may be in at the end of the season that will never change.

That#'s why it's been good to have Liam on the other thread it reminds us, if we need reminding of how we see ourselves. And to be fair you can see how that rubs up at our nearest rivals. But as annoying as we must come across they must understand us. We're just so used to this. You lot having the odd good season or two, and Albion may well still finish above us, but when you do you and  the Noses sometimes, you treat it is the be all and end all. When we win we've won a derby. That's all.

Being the top togs in our area, and having most of us here still remembering when we were the best, our attitude won't change. We'reAston Villa we want and expect the very best. Yes we understand in todays footballing world how very unrealistic that is, but that's our mindset. We want to be top of the pile again.

So while beating the Albion is nice, and it is, that doesn't define our season, for their fans it probably will. It would eat away at them more than if he scoreline had have been in reverse. Well, maybe.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2014, 10:06:24 PM »
Shouldn't the computer come up with more local matches on Boxing Day with no proper public transport?

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »
apparently trouble started inside the ground when one of their lot spotted that there were only 400 calories in each of the villa park pies so they were having to buy 5 each to get their evening quota which led to an expensive night out..!!

Offline willywombat

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2014, 10:57:48 PM »
PW got it spot on. We landed on their manor early doors and 30 of us took the piss in their HQ til Blind Tony got a call on the blower to say MH and 30 of their top lads were waiting at the BG. We bailed out of there and walked over and sure enough they were waiting halfway up the hill, we steamed up there and they had it away on their toes straight away. I thought, somethings not right and sure enough, we gets round the corner and there's 300 of them, game lads all tooled up and ready, it was right on top I tell you but no-one took a backward step and there was a nice little toe to toe for a good 5 minutes , ( respect to the lad who got cut ). Harry the Lithuanian put their top lad on his arse and we were just getting them on their toes when OB turned up in numbers. Scuttle tried to pull everyone together but OB steamed in with batons and nicked a few so we dived into the nearest boozer til it quietened down. I would have stayed but we've got double Geography on Wednesdays so I arranged to meet the rest of the firm later

You are an intruder on this site from the Headhunters or the ICF. The fact that nobody in your firm took a slap gives the game away.

Busted :(

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2014, 02:52:07 AM »
How many times in football history have either of our local chums finished above us? 15 each in 125 years? How about both of them finishing above us? 10 times??

Offline yorkavfc88

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2014, 02:58:47 PM »
Lack of segregation Saturday caused a few problems near the end, coin thrown into Everton fans after their winner..bit of fisticuffs, few nicked.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal