collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gary Gardner - Retired  (Read 166834 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Gary Gardner - Retired
« Reply #990 on: June 09, 2019, 02:45:49 PM »
We are but at times it's feels like we were acting like a small club getting there for the first time. That said I accept a lot of the social media and marketing that the club do isn't aimed at old gits like me.

I know what you mean and agree

Now that the excitement has died down we should hang our heads in shame at what led to us getting relegated  in the first place and focus on never letting it happen again.

All this 'we are premier league' stuff makes us sound like Huddersfield or Barnsley being allowed to play with the big boys for a couple of years.

Which is why the club were spot on about not having an open top bus style celebration.

It's fucking great we are out of that league but we should be mortally embarrassed to have spent three years there in the first place.
Indeed. However whilst we correctly turned down the idea of a parade we should also not sell "part of the Premier League" T shirts and stuff.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #991 on: June 09, 2019, 07:11:27 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks  he  has done well to find a club in the championship.  He is truly awful

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #992 on: June 09, 2019, 07:19:24 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks  he  has done well to find a club in the championship.  He is truly awful

I agree, but to be fair he's found a club to match.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #993 on: June 09, 2019, 07:52:56 PM »
We are but at times it's feels like we were acting like a small club getting there for the first time. That said I accept a lot of the social media and marketing that the club do isn't aimed at old gits like me.

I know what you mean and agree

Now that the excitement has died down we should hang our heads in shame at what led to us getting relegated  in the first place and focus on never letting it happen again.

All this 'we are premier league' stuff makes us sound like Huddersfield or Barnsley being allowed to play with the big boys for a couple of years.

Which is why the club were spot on about not having an open top bus style celebration.

It's fucking great we are out of that league but we should be mortally embarrassed to have spent three years there in the first place.
Indeed. However whilst we correctly turned down the idea of a parade we should also not sell "part of the Premier League" T shirts and stuff.

Fucking unbelievably cringeworthy. Pathetic decision by whoever thought that was a good idea.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal