collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fixture Changes/Games Moved for TV - Season 17/18  (Read 118310 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: More games moved for TV.
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 08:36:21 PM »
And this is another feckin reason why I will not be renewing next season - Sky and the clubs sucking up to their paymasters is now well past just inconvenience. Modern football - fookin shove it .
Thats two more football fanatics who have had enough.

Trouble is you decide to watch more Everton games and they'll all just be moved for TV aswell, that's the reality for anyone in the premier league nowadays.

Why I'm going to more Walsall games home and away nowadays as they are never shifted from 3pm. So get yourself down to Prenton Park for your live football fix.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 08:43:24 PM »
Villa - Stoke on March 22nd.

That's going to be a huge television audience.

I was actually surprised that Chelsea got 40,000+ for the FA Cup game against them this past weekend. And that's with Stoke not selling their full allocation. Had we been playing Stoke in Rd4 I'd have been stunned to see it top 30,000.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2014, 08:45:32 PM »

I was actually surprised that Chelsea got 40,000+ for the FA Cup game against them this past weekend. And that's with Stoke not selling their full allocation. Had we been playing Stoke in Rd4 I'd have been stunned to see it top 30,000.

Was it the Old Trafford-approved "You can't buy a season ticket unless you pay for the cup games as well" scam?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2014, 08:47:00 PM »
And this is another feckin reason why I will not be renewing next season - Sky and the clubs sucking up to their paymasters is now well past just inconvenience. Modern football - fookin shove it .

Trouble is you decide to watch more Everton games and they'll all just be moved for TV aswell, that's the reality for anyone in the premier league nowadays.

Why I'm going to more Walsall games home and away nowadays as they are never shifted from 3pm. So get yourself down to Prenton Park for your live football fix.

Wrong side of the river mate - more likely to venture up to Preston, however its one of the worst places I have ever come across to park your car. Went to a couple of Southport games - wierd to say the least - most of the small attendance were in anoraks and those who were not were running up and down the small terrace behind the goal. I think its fair to say that most of Southport are related to each other in an unhealthy way - they all appear to share the same few surnames - unfortunately Rimmer is one of them and our Jimmy was from the said town. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:59:48 PM by villa `cross the mersey »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »
Deepdale's one of my favourite grounds and they've a good chance of being back in the championship next season so would be a good choice.

Might be easier to get the train and then get a bus from the slick modern (irony alert) bus station as that's what I did when I popped up last season for the Walsall game.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »
Stourbridge gets more attractive with every passing year.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2014, 09:01:29 PM »
Deepdale's one of my favourite grounds and they've a good chance of being back in the championship next season so would be a good choice.

Might be easier to get the train and then get a bus from the slick modern (irony alert) bus station as that's what I did when I popped up last season for the Walsall game.

Not sure about the train from here - bus is the more likely alternative but it takes an eternity from Formby, via Southport.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2014, 09:07:02 PM »
Really getting fed up with this shite. Tempted not to renew next season mainly because it just does my tits in. Three fucking home games in one month moved. Fuck right off Sky you wankers*

*I can say this with a clear conscience as I haven't had Sky for years.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2014, 09:10:51 PM »

I nearly put that as well Mersy - the whole of bastard March at 3PM screwed - The one thing I still liked was 3PM Saturday matches - don't think I'll miss it to be honest...

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »

Was it the Old Trafford-approved "You can't buy a season ticket unless you pay for the cup games as well" scam?

possibly, but even then I might not have showed up to watch Sturk. Maybe we should try that and get more people to show up to our cup games. It might only be for a round or two anyway

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2014, 09:25:16 PM »

possibly, but even then I might not have showed up to watch Sturk. Maybe we should try that and get more people to show up to our cup games. It might only be for a round or two anyway

Even if you weren't there, if you'd bought a ticket you'd be in the attendance.

Offline eastie

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2014, 09:26:18 PM »

I was surprised arsenal had a sell out at home to coventry on a Friday night .
I have a friend who has a season ticket at the emirates and they were charging just a tenner for this game.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:32:05 PM by eastie »

Offline WestleyArmsAV

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »
All but one have helped me out massively.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 10:40:39 PM »

I gave up going to Villa to go to Halesowen. 3pm every Saturday, and I feel like my money really does make a difference as I'm treated like a fan and not a customer. I couldn't be doing with watching football on a cricket pitch ;-)

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 10:44:01 PM »

I gave up going to Villa to go to Halesowen. 3pm every Saturday, and I feel like my money really does make a difference as I'm treated like a fan and not a customer. I couldn't be doing with watching football on a cricket pitch ;-)

You don't have to. For the purposes of the Southern League ground grading the cricket pitch doesn't exist.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal