collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fixture Changes/Games Moved for TV - Season 17/18  (Read 118317 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: More games moved for TV.
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2014, 10:03:18 AM »
Why the fcuk is it obligatory now for Norwich at home to always be on TV? If you look at that Sunday, there's 3 games kicking off at 4.30pm, again bizarre.

Out of interest why 4.30pm, any idea anybody?

League Cup final at 2.00.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2014, 10:28:48 AM »
Oh I was looking forward to watching that. If it goes to extra time will our match be delayed?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2014, 10:32:43 AM »
Oh I was looking forward to watching that. If it goes to extra time will our match be delayed?

It'll probably get postponed and moved to another day.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2014, 10:33:31 AM »
It's crap scheduling but then what do we expect? He who pays the piper calls the tune!

Offline 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »
And this is another feckin reason why I will not be renewing next season - Sky and the clubs sucking up to their paymasters is now well past just inconvenience. Modern football - fookin shove it .
Thats two more football fanatics who have had enough.
Ditto

Offline sligotom

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2014, 12:40:47 PM »
well another triple kick in the teeth for loyal fans who travel across for nearly every game.not only being a royal pain in the butt but having to pay for new flights plus hotel costs have to factored in due to the crap game times.I'm thinking this could be the end of many years of actual support because the product definitely justify the time and expense

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2014, 01:08:21 PM »
well another triple kick in the teeth for loyal fans who travel across for nearly every game.not only being a royal pain in the butt but having to pay for new flights plus hotel costs have to factored in due to the crap game times.I'm thinking this could be the end of many years of actual support because the product definitely justify the time and expense

But what about all the witty conversation you'd miss out on ?

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2014, 01:12:47 PM »
We are running a function on 1st March and would have been extremely pissed off if this game had gone back to a Saturday evening kick off. The new time suits us, as it happens, but the short notice changes that these people are allowed to get away with is a disgrace.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2014, 01:47:52 PM »
Another nail in the coffin in regards to renewing my season ticket next year. Might buy one but sign up to that Viagwhatever you call it ticket site due to the nature of my job.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »

He makes a valid point though. The Norwich tickets have been on sale for about a week. What if any of our Irish contingent for example have brought tickets and booked flights to come over? Unless in the event of cup replays, games shouldn't be moved once tickets have gone on sale.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2014, 02:00:25 PM »
Actually quite happy about the Chelsea game being moved as Saturday 5.30 kick-offs are my favourite, more so than the traditional 3pm even.

Sunday games are bit of a pain though, mostly because of less trains and an early start the next day.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2014, 02:56:07 PM »
SKY should just announce all the fixtures up till Christmas at the start of the season and then all the fixtures to the end of the season at at the start of the new year. It isn't as if there are usually many surprises as to who is battling for the title and champions league and who is battling relegation.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »
Sky is a bit like dealing with in-laws. There is a nice side to ie the reason why you had them but they don't half get on your tits at times!

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »
Ridiculous.  How are we meant to follow our team so avidly if Sky and BT Sport are going to mess it up all the time?  I'm fed up with it - we wanted to take the family to Norwich at home.  That can't happen now, so Villa have lost money from potential ticket sales.  And finally - why do they complain about teams not filling their ground every week when they do this?  Stupid.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2014, 07:08:20 PM »
Viagogo is shite by the way.

I feel for fans for a couple of reasons. Those that have to factor in trains and the like especially.

They are fucking expensive as it is without being moved about late on. It is terrible gamble these people are forced to take and is not right.

Kick off times alone are pain in the arse enough for me. Norwich at that time on a Sunday?

I can get there with hours to spare. I have 3 trains back, reasonably locally, in the five hours that follow.

In fact, inspired by Amfy and standing, I might start a campaign at Sky about their fucking around with fixtures at late notice.

I know you are constrained by sucking the devils teat but he doesn't need to be a ****** about it as well.

And it ain't just us feeling like it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal