collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fixture Changes/Games Moved for TV - Season 17/18  (Read 119091 times)

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: More games moved for TV.
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 10:48:54 PM »
Stourbridge gets more attractive with every passing year.

I gave up going to Villa to go to Halesowen. 3pm every Saturday, and I feel like my money really does make a difference as I'm treated like a fan and not a customer. I couldn't be doing with watching football on a cricket pitch ;-)

You don't have to. For the purposes of the Southern League ground grading the cricket pitch doesn't exist.

I know that, I prefer choosing from four sides of the pitch though to watch football ;-)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »

I gave up going to Villa to go to Halesowen. 3pm every Saturday, and I feel like my money really does make a difference as I'm treated like a fan and not a customer. I couldn't be doing with watching football on a cricket pitch ;-)

You don't have to. For the purposes of the Southern League ground grading the cricket pitch doesn't exist.

I know that, I prefer choosing from four sides of the pitch though to watch football ;-)

Yes, but it's Halesowen.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2014, 10:53:59 PM »

Steady now...

Yes, but it's Halesowen.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2014, 11:33:42 PM »
Villa - Stoke on March 22nd.

That's going to be a huge television audience.

I was actually surprised that Chelsea got 40,000+ for the FA Cup game against them this past weekend. And that's with Stoke not selling their full allocation. Had we been playing Stoke in Rd4 I'd have been stunned to see it top 30,000.

Was it the Old Trafford-approved "You can't buy a season ticket unless you pay for the cup games as well" scam?

possibly, but even then I might not have showed up to watch Sturk. Maybe we should try that and get more people to show up to our cup games. It might only be for a round or two anyway

Even if you weren't there, if you'd bought a ticket you'd be in the attendance.

true but bizarrely it actually looked like 40,000 were in attendance.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2014, 07:49:05 AM »
When the fixtures came out the first one my son looked for was March 22nd, his birthday. When he saw we were home to Stoke his words were 'Im glad it's Stoke because it won't get moved for TV and we can go'.

Fuck you Sky.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2014, 07:59:26 AM »
I can't understand Sky's reasoning for Norwich and Stoke at home, have they not seen us at Villa Park this season? Then again I suppose I shouldn't complain as I've been known to slag them off for showing the same old teams all the time as well.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2014, 08:02:19 AM »
The only game that might have helped me out a bit by being moved was West Ham. Fuckers.

Who in their right mind wants to spend their Sunday afternoon watching us and Stoke?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2014, 08:19:39 AM »
I subscribe to Sky so realise I am giving it tacit support, as is anyone watching dodgy streams on the net - if Sky weren't covering then there would be no stream - but it's still becoming a massive pain in the arse. Having a break from it for a while has made me realise how much I dislike going to matches on Sunday at four and Monday at eight. I am fortunate in that I have a fairly easy journey to VP but for those living further away it must be a real pain in the arse.

Surely it isn't beyond the wit of the league to devise a system guaranteeing clubs a minimum number of games not  moved, that way people could make their plans with some degree of confidence.

Offline richard moore

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2014, 08:35:05 AM »
Neutrals across the land will be licking their lips at the prospect of Villa hosting Norwich and Stoke.

Yes, I'll be watching them in the pub down here and don't exactly expect the place to be rammed!!!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2014, 09:02:43 AM »
I subscribe to Sky so realise I am giving it tacit support, as is anyone watching dodgy streams on the net - if Sky weren't covering then there would be no stream - but it's still becoming a massive pain in the arse. Having a break from it for a while has made me realise how much I dislike going to matches on Sunday at four and Monday at eight. I am fortunate in that I have a fairly easy journey to VP but for those living further away it must be a real pain in the arse.

Surely it isn't beyond the wit of the league to devise a system guaranteeing clubs a minimum number of games not  moved, that way people could make their plans with some degree of confidence.

This isn't true, every single game in the premier league is televised somewhere even without sky.  As I've said on this before, the issue with moving games isn't so much them being moved, it's that they don't do it soon enough.  For me games being moved from Saturday 3pm should be announced within a week of the fixtures coming out, for all but the last week or 2.  Midweek the games should always be played on Wednesday at 8pm regardless.

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2014, 09:04:53 AM »
It drives me mad. I'm self employed and work Saturdays. I plan to finish early match days. So when the games get moved I end up finishing early for no reason. I can try and get more work in but it doesn't always work.
The real pain is when they move it to a 12.45 kick off. I normally finish work at 1/1.30. When they moved it to an early lunch time kick off I've got work already in and can't go.

Sundays I play american football. And I'm sure others here play Sunday league. 4pm kick offs can be very tight to get to. Lunch times I won't make.

I do wonder if a season ticket is good value any more because of the games I end up missing. It's not like I have loads of friends chomping at the bit to buy my ticket off me to see the mighty villa play at home either.

Offline OasisVillain

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2014, 09:26:29 AM »
It drives me mad. I'm self employed and work Saturdays. I plan to finish early match days. So when the games get moved I end up finishing early for no reason. I can try and get more work in but it doesn't always work.
The real pain is when they move it to a 12.45 kick off. I normally finish work at 1/1.30. When they moved it to an early lunch time kick off I've got work already in and can't go.

Sundays I play american football. And I'm sure others here play Sunday league. 4pm kick offs can be very tight to get to. Lunch times I won't make.

I do wonder if a season ticket is good value any more because of the games I end up missing. It's not like I have loads of friends chomping at the bit to buy my ticket off me to see the mighty villa play at home either.

Sorry about this off topic question but who do you play American Football for?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2014, 09:44:01 AM »

This isn't true, every single game in the premier league is televised somewhere even without sky.  As I've said on this before, the issue with moving games isn't so much them being moved, it's that they don't do it soon enough.  For me games being moved from Saturday 3pm should be announced within a week of the fixtures coming out, for all but the last week or 2.  Midweek the games should always be played on Wednesday at 8pm regardless.

Of course it is true, it is the Sky feed they use. They don't have a dozen different broadcasters with their own kit. If Sky or BT or ANother broadcaster weren't there, where would the content come from?

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2014, 09:52:17 AM »
smart phones?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2014, 09:53:24 AM »
Why the fcuk is it obligatory now for Norwich at home to always be on TV? If you look at that Sunday, there's 3 games kicking off at 4.30pm, again bizarre.

Out of interest why 4.30pm, any idea anybody?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal