collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: View From the Opposition - WBA fan  (Read 29685 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: View From the Opposition - WBA fan
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 03:30:41 PM »
The quicker the Albion rid themselves of this disgusting vermin the better.  The fact that they haven't sacked him already does them no good whatsoever.  Shame on them.

Offline Liam_Baggies

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 06:18:35 PM »
We can all now await the WBA troll getting arsey after the game again, this poster has previous.

Troll? Arsey?

Quite the opposite. I've been fair, balanced and credited Villa when it's been worthwhile.

I certainly haven't been trolling otherwise your moderators would have banned me by now.

Offline dekko

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 06:23:15 PM »
We can all now await the WBA troll getting arsey after the game again, this poster has previous.

Troll? Arsey?

Quite the opposite. I've been fair, balanced and credited Villa when it's been worthwhile.

I certainly haven't been trolling otherwise your moderators would have banned me by now.

I think he might be confusing you with some of your pals who came on here before the last match and acted like dicks

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 07:14:46 PM »
At least we think they were, but we couldn't really understand a word they were saying.

Offline class_of_82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 07:15:27 PM »
How about these questions
1- what do you base your assumption your pride of the midlands
2- ask ally brown why he went over the top on Cropley
3-how many times you won the European cup
4-why did you kick the shit out of us from the first minute in the game Cropley got his leg broke
5-why did frank skinner make Jeff Astle look a total prat on fantasy football
6-why do I hate the Albion so much- answer the above questions and you might get an idea

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 07:53:14 PM »

Troll? Arsey?

Correct.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 08:42:33 PM »

tl;dr version = Anelka. c***!

Otherwise, read on for more about the gesture.

<snip shocking stuff>

Fucking hell. That is an eye opener. Err yes I change my answer from "Dont understand it" to "Highly offensive." How can anyone even think of doing this kind of shit at fucking auschwitz???

Offline Legion

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 08:50:33 PM »
Hi, folks.

Again, if you could complete the questionnaire beneath it would be much appreciated - the finished article will then be provided in this topic early next week.

1. The game at the Hawthorns finished 2-2. What was your assessment of the game? Sh*t start, great finish

2. WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What were your thoughts on Clarke's sacking and the appointment of Pepe Mel? Felt sorry for him. Poor bugger.

3. Paul Lambert has been receiving some criticism from supporters. Is he still the right man for AVFC? Yes

4. Villa have signed Grant Holt and Ryan Bertrand. What are your opinions on these additions? Functional. Yay!

5. Are there any other positions which need strengthening during January? CM and CD

6. Anelka has been in the headlines for the wrong reasons. What have you made of the situation? Does he warrant a suspension and for how long? Yes. Four games

7. If you were to form a side using Albion/Villa players - what would the side be? All Villa

8. Which side shall win the league & which three sides shall be relegated? Manchester City. Any three from 10th place down apart from us and you.

9. What side is Paul Lambert likely to choose for our encounter? A winning one

10. And finally, score predictions. 2-0

Thank you. My pleasure

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2014, 09:02:36 PM »

Troll? Arsey?

Ok apologies if I've mixed you up with someone else.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2014, 09:46:42 AM »
1. Nightmare start but I always felt if we pulled one back we could get something from the game. A draw was a fair result.

2. I din't think he deserved the sack and I thnk his replacement is a big gamble.

3. Yes.

4. Holt is good, experienced cover and still leaves us one other Premier League loan. Bertrand will improve the side defensively, he is quality.

5. A centre half on loan as Okore is out and Vlaar is prone to missing games. A creative midfielder as a priority and a tough tackling experienced one would be nice too.

6. He has been naive at best. I think the standard ban is five games and that would be about right for me. Any repeat and I would throw the book at him.

7. Rimmer, Swain, Williams, Evans, Mortimer, Bremner, Cowans, Shaw and Withe from Villa and McNaught and Morley from Albion. Sub Spink from Albion.

8. Man City. Norwich, Cardiff and either Palace or Fulham.

9. Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Clark, Bertrand, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Weimann, Gabby, Benteke

10. 2-1 Villa

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »
1. The game at the Hawthorns finished 2-2. What was your assessment of the game?

Role reversal from the previous season at the Hawthorns. If Sessegnon had taken the golden chance he had to put WBA 3-0 up, things could have turned very ugly.

2. WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What were your thoughts on Clarke's sacking and the appointment of Pepe Mel?

I know Clarke's record in the calendar year 2013 was borderline relegation form, but the season isn't played over a calendar year. Considering he finished EIGHTH with WBA last season, I think he more than deserved the chance to see this season out and then review things.

3. Paul Lambert has been receiving some criticism from supporters. Is he still the right man for AVFC?

It's a difficult one, we must be the worst side to watch at home in the league, I'd guess results back that up as well. You've gotta keep the season ticket holders happy at the end of the day. Losing at home to League 1 opposition didn't help.

4. Villa have signed Grant Holt and Ryan Bertrand. What are your opinions on these additions?

I'm hoping we won't see too much of Holt, and we shouldn't providing Benteke stays fit. Bertrand I'm really pleased about, although I could be left disappointed if we don't get him permanently.

5. Are there any other positions which need strengthening during January?

Need an enforcer in the midfield for me, a creative player if there's the budget for both. Possibly a back-up CB if there's one available as I don't think Baker should start games.

6. Anelka has been in the headlines for the wrong reasons. What have you made of the situation? Does he warrant a suspension and for how long?

Very hard to say, as I don't know if it would be interpreted differently in his native France.

7. If you were to form a side using Albion/Villa players - what would the side be?

Guzan

Okore Vlaar Olsson Bertrand

Delph Mulumbu

Gabby Sessegnon Brunt

Benteke

8. Which side shall win the league & which three sides shall be relegated?

Man City. Palace, Cardiff, Fulham.

9. What side is Paul Lambert likely to choose for our encounter?

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Bertrand

KEA Westwood Delph

Gabby Benteke Weimann

10. And finally, score predictions.

1-0 Villa - Benteke.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 07:06:47 PM »
Liam's a good lad. All these years later and Agent Ridgewell is still putting in the hours.

Offline Liam_Baggies

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, 08:49:07 PM »

Offline Legion

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »
Only registered members are allowed to access this section.
Please login below or register an account with westbrom.com.

Nothing personal, but no thanks.

Offline Liam_Baggies

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »
Shite. Let me post the article for you.

vs   

Wednesday 29th January 2014

And now we head to Villa Park as both sides look to ease their relegation worries. In their previous outings, both sides took a point off the Merseyside duo - Villa squandered a two nil lead against Liverpool and Albion came from a goal behind in Pepe Mel's first game with the club against Everton. Albion versus Villa always tend to be tight occasions with either 2-1 victories or a draw being most likely. The two outings last season finished in score draws and so did the previous meeting between the side at The Hawthorns this season. Albion were comfortably leading 2-0 until they surrendered and allowed Villa a share of the spoils.

For this edition of A View From the Opposition I've headed over to Heroes & Villains.

The game at the Hawthorns finished 2-2. What was your assessment of the game?

Richard: The first 20 mins or so reflected the confidence of the 2 teams going into the game, but I thought after that we got to grips and in the second half should have pushed on to win as you were there for the taking !

pauliewalnuts: You were the better side in the first half, we were the better side in the second. It was quite a good game, it has to be said. I doubt Long will ever score goals better than his two that night. That also showed one way we've improved this year, we are more resilient.

Sam Smith: We were poor first half and got what we deserved in the second after we introduced our more effective players and could have won it. I don't know why Albion don't go for our jugular when it's exposed.

Adam: We were awful first half and while Long's touch for his first goal was world class we just didn't turn up.  Second half was a completely different story however and Steve Clarke looked like he didn't have a clue what to do when Lambert made the triple substitution.

Montbert: Horrifying first half where you got Zlatan Ibrahimovic to where an impressive Shane Long mask. Second half we came back and you wilted. Great Westwood goal.

WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What were your thoughts on Clarke's sacking and the appointment of Pepe Mel?

Montbert: Maybe harsh, but I'm impressed with Mel P and his previous records, and the change in the way you played against Everton was really instantaneous. Annoyingly.

Ads: I think it’s a poor decision to sack Clarke. I don't think you had being doing too badly given the quality of squad and level of outlay. It's pretty tight in the bottom half and a win can move you clear. The length of time it took to appoint a successor was something of a shambles.

Hoyle87: I know Clarke's record in the calendar year 2013 was borderline relegation form, but the season isn't played over a calendar year. Considering he finished EIGHTH with WBA last season, I think he more than deserved the chance to see this season out and then review things.

The Sandman: I thought the Clarke sacking was somewhat harsh. The managerial hunt seemed a bit protracted to me too, it was almost as if the WBA hierarchy were unsure what to do once they had sacked him. As for Mel, I know nothing about him. His record in Spain isn't brilliant but I have no idea what kind of constraints he worked under there. Seeing what Spanish football experts have to say about him he actually seems to be a good appointment and something of a character. However, I'd really be going with their opinions rather than mine if I said that, considering how little I follow continental football.

Sheffield Villain: Harsh. Who?

Paul Lambert has been receiving some criticism from supporters. Is he still the right man for AVFC?

pauliewalnuts: He's going to have to be, frankly, because starting all over again doesn't bear thinking about. I also suspect the major (though not only) constraining factor is money, in particular the need to not spend too much of it.

Sam Smith: Yes as any other Gaffa would be working under the same constraints. He really has to improve the home form and the quality of play as it has been genuinely shocking at times.

The Sandman: I think yes. We've put in some poor performances recently but were much better on Saturday against Liverpool. I definitely think he is a step forward compared to our last manager and has performed respectably given the financial constraints in place and the level of rebuilding the club has required. If the Liverpool performance is a sign of what is to come and we finish the season strongly then he remains the right man for me.

Montbert: Well, people say he needs to be given time, but see above for how quickly you can see the signs of a new manager stamping their way of playing on teams. If he really was going to be the guy to get us playing top stuff, we'd have seen a f**k of a lot more evidence by now IMO. However, as Paulie said, we don't really have a choice but to hope he is the right man.

Ads: Yes he is. Things are not great, especially at home, but the club has a plan and by hook or crook, it appears to be working. If the home form was as good as the away form, we would be above Man United. It's got to be sorted out as it's been poor for way too long.

Villa have signed Grant Holt and Ryan Bertrand. What are your opinions on these additions?

supertom: Holt seemed a strange signing but he's just a loan to cover the injured Kozak. He's got a bit of nous which we've been lacking. Bertrand is a decent young player and his debut was promising. I'd love to see him here next season.

Damo70: Holt is good, experienced cover and still leaves us one other Premier League loan. Bertrand will improve the side defensively, he is quality.

hoyle87: I'm hoping we won't see too much of Holt, and we shouldn't providing Benteke stays fit. Bertrand I'm really pleased about, although I could be left disappointed if we don't get him permanently.

pauliewalnuts: Holt - massively unimpressed, will turn out a waste of money. Bertrand, much more impressive. Thank God no more Luna.

Are there any other positions which need strengthening during January?

KevinGage: Central midfield, centre defence and wide cover/attacking midfield too, ideally.

The Sandman: Yes, I think we need at least one new midfielder to provide a better link between the mid and the strikers. A quality defensive midfielder might also be a useful addition as Westwood isn't playing as well as last season and I'm really not sure about El Ahmadi. Experience defensive cover is also a must. Vlaar is injury prone and without him we are very weak in central defence.

Advillafan: Centre-Back, defensive midfield and an attacking midfielder. I'm hopeful that our full-backs will look better with some cover in defensive midfield.

Ads: Our midfield is in desperate need of one or two more players. A proper ball winning midfielder and a play maker are a must. I think this would have a real positive impact on our home form

Anelka has been in the headlines for the wrong reasons. What have you made of the situation? Does he warrant a suspension and for how long?

Ads: I think so yes. There is no place in football for any of that anti-Semitic nonsense. The anti-establishment line does not wash with me, coming from a millionaire who drives a £250,000 sports car.

rob_bridge: He should have apologised immediately when the connatations became clear. Yep suspension is in order. No great loss. To anyone

Damo70: He has been naive at best. I think the standard ban is five games and that would be about right for me. Any repeat and I would throw the book at him.

Sheffield Villain: Yes. Even if he was just sticking up for a friend, the friend was a comedian accused of anti-semitism. He was a prat for doing it. 5 games minimum.

Michel Sibble: The FA need to set an example in charging Anelka, it's less about what constitutes a reverse Nazi signal, rather any such action needs to be nipped in the bud before it becomes a big problem. We can do without racists in the game and we can do without cocks like Anelka and Suarez.

Sam Smith: It's meaning appears to be ambiguous but it's ill advised at best and anti Semitic at worst. It should be treated like any other of the cases of this nature. Appropriate suspension following investigation assuming his guilt is proven.

If you were to form a side using Albion/Villa players - what would the side be?

Pauliewalnuts: Mediocre.

KevinGage: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Olsson, Bertrand, Mulumbu, Brunt, Delph, Gabby, Benteke, Behranio

Adam: Villa strikers, mostly Olbiyun midfield, mix of both in defence and Guzan in goal.

Ads: If all our players were fit, then I would probably include Mulumbu and Morrison in our midfield and I would take Olsson into the squad too.

Hoyle87: Guzan

Okore Vlaar Olsson Bertrand

Delph Mulumbu

Gabby Sessegnon Brunt

Benteke

Matt Collins: The west brom players id have would be, in order: Morrison, berahino, mulumbu, olsson, amalfitano. Morrison most likely to be first choice. Maybe mulumbu too

Foster is good but we don't  need him. I'd have had Shane long at villa too.

Which side shall win the league & which three sides shall be relegated?

Montbert: I'd love Arsenal to win, but the dictator-owned oil arseholes at City will probably get it in the end. As for relegation, who the hell knows, though if West Ham keep Allardyce for too long I'd be stunned if they stay up.

Ads I will be very surprised if Man City do not win the league. I think Sunderland, Cardiff and Palace will go down.

pauliewalnuts: Man City win league, Norwich, Sunderland, West Ham doomed.

KevinGage: Chelsea.   Slumberland, Palarse and Norwich   I expect West Ham and yourselves to be heavily involved though.  We might be fighting it out too, if the home form in the second half of the campaign mirrors the first

The Sandman: Man City to win the league. West Ham, Fulham and Cardiff to go down.

What side is Paul Lambert likely to choose for our encounter?

Adam: There are some certs - Guzan, Vlaar, Delph, Westwood, Benteke, Wiemann, Agbonlahor.  The others will be a mix of Bacuna, Lowton, Bertrand, Luna, Sylla, El Ahmadi, and Albrighton.

peter w: Guzan; Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Bertrand; KEA, Westwood, Delph; Gabby, Benteke, Weimann

supertom: If possible the same 11 that started against Liverpool. Although he may put Holt in there for some additional physical presence.

Hoyle87: Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Bertrand

KEA Westwood Delph

Gabby Benteke Weimann

And finally, score predictions

Damo70: 2-1 Villa

ciggiesnbeer: Dont know. Beauty of derby games, everything goes out the window.

Richard: We should win 3-1 but hey this is normally a draw so 2 2 again

Sam Smith: Big Villa win or a Narrow Albion win. If we start like you did at the Hawthorns I think we will make you pay but our home form is so bad Albion must surely fancy it. It's gonna be a cracker!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A thank you to the Villa fans for their answers. To view the answers you can do by Clicking Here

Here's to an entertaining game and three points returning to the Black Country

Ole, Ole Ole Ole, Pepe, Pepe

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal