collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: View From the Opposition - WBA fan  (Read 29692 times)

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
Re: View From the Opposition - WBA fan
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »
Horrible fans. Every time they scored their fans ran towards the Villa fans in the lower North looking for trouble. The sooner that club are relegated back to where they belong the better.

Worse than small heath for that. And a lot of them were proper 30+ year old blokes, not kids. Even running from the back of the stand to join in the rush towards us. A rush it should be added that was so intent on reaching us that a few stewards stopped them with relative ease. Sad twats.

Spot on. Their fans seemed so bitter and angry. Decades of pent-up frustration of looking up at the Villa with envious eyes. Jealousy is horrible thing.
It was mighty fine watching their fans stream out at the end with their tails firmly lodged in between their legs.

One thing I have noticed about their support in the past two seasons is that they're a lot more arrogant/cocky/up for it walking down Witton Lane beforehand. They've started to believe their own hype.

They were certainly giving it the billy big bollocks in new street station and on the train to the ground.

Is there anything more annoying on this planet than a carriage full of boozed up boneheaded baggie bumders?

Made it all the more satisfying to win the game from 2-0 down.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »
Spoke with a mate of mine who has followed the Olbiun with the same passion as I do the Villa for 40 years and pointed out to him that if they could just let go of the inferiority complex they might actually enjoy their lives more. He is an honest and decent bloke and admitted that there is a core of Olbiun who have always hated us more than anyone else and would accept relegation if it meant beating us. They hate us more than they love their own team.

Now forget them and let them rot...

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2014, 04:09:05 PM »
Spoke with a mate of mine who has followed the Olbiun with the same passion as I do the Villa for 40 years and pointed out to him that if they could just let go of the inferiority complex they might actually enjoy their lives more. He is an honest and decent bloke and admitted that there is a core of Olbiun who have always hated us more than anyone else and would accept relegation if it meant beating us. They hate us more than they love their own team.

Now forget them and let them rot...

How many other teams have 2 local teams with fans that hate us more than they love their own team?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2014, 05:04:29 AM »

Was that game 3-3 at half time as well? Memory may be playing tricks on me as I saw it on video years ago, was there a Brendan Ormsby goal?

Pretty sure Brendan got the winner

IIRC that is right.

I was absolutely gutted to miss this game but it was my sister's wedding that day and I was giving her away so couldn't get out of it. Lots of nerves in the church (from me about the footie, no idea about my sis) but one of my cousins had a pocket radio so we knew the result before the first beer of the day. Chuffed.

Funnily enough her second wedding is tomorrow, hot on the heels of this 4-3 win. . I should ask her to remarry every time we play the Boggies...
that's a brilliant story Paul.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2014, 08:12:07 AM »
Horrible fans. Every time they scored their fans ran towards the Villa fans in the lower North looking for trouble. The sooner that club are relegated back to where they belong the better.

It's all just posturing though isn't it, not many are seriously up for trouble.

For the period covering their goals, there were no Police in the gap between the fans and the stewards were hardly in there either. The Police didn't get in there for another 5/10 minutes. If they had wanted to attack our fans, nothing was stopping them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:14:18 AM by Dave Clark Five »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal