collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gallery: Pictures of Aston Villa birthday boy Gary Shaw  (Read 5102 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Gallery: Pictures of Aston Villa birthday boy Gary Shaw
« on: January 21, 2014, 03:23:42 PM »
Some great photographs in the Birrmingham Mail to celebrate Gary's 53rd birthday.

Online Flamingo Lane

Re: Gallery: Pictures of Aston Villa birthday boy Gary Shaw
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 09:42:48 PM »
I especially like the one in which "Gary" seems to be doing a passable impersonation of Tony Morley, No 11 shirt included.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »
I especially like the one in which "Gary" seems to be doing a passable impersonation of Tony Morley, No 11 shirt included.

That's where you're wrong, cleversticks. March 1980, he scored our goal in a 3-1 defeat wearing 11.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 10:00:44 PM »

That's where you're wrong, cleversticks. March 1980, he scored our goal in a 3-1 defeat wearing 11.

Like I said, a passable impersonation of Tony Morley, No 11 shirt included.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 02:55:35 AM »
Is there any particular reason why they are celebrating his 53rd birthday and not say his 52nd last year?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 07:40:49 AM »
I remember having a number eight on one of my Villa shirts as a kid. I think my mum must have sewn it on. I met him at a party in the championship season when I was ten and he shook my hand. I don't think anyone at school believed me. I always think the goal against Kiev was his most memorable.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 06:34:40 PM »
He is one of my favourite Villa players ever.

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 08:33:04 PM »
The piccies from the euro nights of the early 80's bring back great memories of my Grandad taking me to mid-week games. God rest his...

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 09:08:41 PM »
I bloody loved Gary Shaw!
Local boy - I've always thought he looked like a "boy" - I've got a lovely photo of my own son aged 5 and he looks just like GS!
I had the hair and good looks(!!!) but a bit taller and older than GS and often taken for him in the Cork 'n' Bottle in Boldmere, which he also used to frequent at the time. I never argued with folk who were confused!
To be a local boy, play for your local club and win what GS did with us has got to be the stuff of dreams!
My great mate who I go to all Villa games with was in charge of Warwickshire Schools' football when GS played for them and had the sad task of telling GS he wouldn't make it at the top level of the game!!
Another mate, Stefano, from Montecatini in Tuscany, is very proud of the fact that his home town hosted the European Football Awards in 1981/2(?) and that GS was awarded Young European Footballer of the Year!
Putting those two facts together captures the nature of the game perfectly !!!!?
Even to an old fart like me, Gary Shaw qualifies as a Villa legend!

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 12:20:17 AM »
I bloody loved Gary Shaw!
Local boy - I've always thought he looked like a "boy" - I've got a lovely photo of my own son aged 5 and he looks just like GS!
I had the hair and good looks(!!!) but a bit taller and older than GS and often taken for him in the Cork 'n' Bottle in Boldmere, which he also used to frequent at the time. I never argued with folk who were confused!
To be a local boy, play for your local club and win what GS did with us has got to be the stuff of dreams!
My great mate who I go to all Villa games with was in charge of Warwickshire Schools' football when

GS played for them and had the sad task of telling GS he wouldn't make it at the top level of the game!!
Another mate, Stefano, from Montecatini in Tuscany, is very proud of the fact that his home town hosted the European Football Awards in 1981/2(?) and that GS was awarded Young European Footballer of the Year!
Putting those two facts together captures the nature of the game perfectly !!!!?
Even to an old fart like me, Gary Shaw qualifies as a Villa legend!

Cork and bottle. Those were the days. Beautiful women and me trying to pick themup and falng miserably. Nearly as good as Flnts in Mere Green

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 01:37:11 AM »
The award Gary won in 1982 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bravo_Award

Offline WestleyArmsAV

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 12:43:57 PM »
He was in The Shakespeare pub, New Street Station one, last night before the Sandwell match....with a very attractive young lady.

Quick chat with him, legend.

Offline peter w

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 08:45:10 PM »
He's never changed has he? I remember speaking to him just before the Man U league Cup final. He was a beer rep then and I was working at the place he'd come to sort a deal out with. More than happy to chat about Villa as if you're a long time mate.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 08:42:55 PM »
Yea, he sometimes goes in the White Horse Harborne and comes across very friendly and sociable. He still looks like he has the charms.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 03:01:28 PM »
Nice Fila ski coat as well. I had one very similar

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal