collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Faulkner interview.  (Read 25516 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Paul Faulkner interview.
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »
If I was offered a choice between our absent no mark of an owner and Vincent Tan I think I would probably choose the latter. Granted Tan is making bad decisions but you dont make an omlette without breaking eggs. He is there every week, living through it with the fans proudly wearing his clubs shirt. He cares a great deal and is successful in other walks of life - Eventually he may get it right and push Cardiff on to the next level. For a start, how did he manage to convince solksjaer to go to Cardiff or Martinez to Everton when tinky-winky and la-laa could not convince them to take over the sleeping giant that is AVFC.

Someone should ask PF why Randy could not be arsed coming back over here when the future king of england came visiting recently. I have no faith in either of them 

Good post - agree with that. Lerner & Faulkner are not Football men. It desperately needs someone like Steve Stride or Graham Taylor at the club with their finger on the pulse.

Offline Boz

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2014, 12:52:41 PM »
Well, he will be popular amongst the other bigwigs in the league. After all, our hospitality is second to none. Nobody leaves Villa Park empty handed.

Including the visiting teams, 3 points every time

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 01:22:46 PM »
If I was offered a choice between our absent no mark of an owner and Vincent Tan I think I would probably choose the latter. Granted Tan is making bad decisions but you dont make an omlette without breaking eggs. He is there every week, living through it with the fans proudly wearing his clubs shirt. He cares a great deal and is successful in other walks of life - Eventually he may get it right and push Cardiff on to the next level. For a start, how did he manage to convince solksjaer to go to Cardiff or Martinez to Everton when tinky-winky and la-laa could not convince them to take over the sleeping giant that is AVFC.

Someone should ask PF why Randy could not be arsed coming back over here when the future king of england came visiting recently. I have no faith in either of them

You'd really want Tan instead of Lerner? He's already changed their colours, it won't be long before the name is next!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »
After listening I couldnt help think that Faulkner is like a clone of Doug! Even down to talking up his role at the FA, like we give a F'!

Not quite, Doug would've sacked Lambert long ago especially after the Bradford debacle 12 months ago....

Yes and hired Billy McNeill or Graham Turner or Venglos. He had a flawless managerial appointment record did Doug

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
After listening I couldnt help think that Faulkner is like a clone of Doug! Even down to talking up his role at the FA, like we give a F'!

Not quite, Doug would've sacked Lambert long ago especially after the Bradford debacle 12 months ago....

Yes and hired Billy McNeill or Graham Turner or Venglos. He had a flawless managerial appointment record did Doug

Correct.

He did and with 2 of those he cut his lossess pretty quick.

I am fairly sure that Herbert would not have hired a person who had been out of front line coaching for some time with previous heart problems and who told us, somewhat patronisingly that 12th was acceptable.

And he would never have ever contemplated hiring TSM.

He had many faults and they have been well documented on this site but he knew more about football than Faulkner ever will.

Offline Fred

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 01:46:22 PM »
To be fair Doug did bring usSir Graham, BFR, Brian Little and JG.
Also sacked BFR when he was still popular, even though i was not happy with the sacking i would say Doug was right.
I don't think Doug would have gone for AMC either.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »

And he would never have ever contemplated hiring TSM.

He had many faults and they have been well documented on this site but he knew more about football than Faulkner ever will.

you must have missed the bit where he hired Graham Turner from Shrewsbury to manage a First Division football club that two years prior were champions of europe.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »
The HDE revisionism that has gone on of late is ridiculous.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 01:54:58 PM »
The HDE revisionism that has gone on of late is ridiculous.

It's off the charts crazy. If the internet was around in the mid 80's this place would have melted down.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 02:00:35 PM »

You'd really want Tan instead of Lerner? He's already changed their colours, it won't be long before the name is next!

That was the first time I had heard that Tan was the man who convinced Martinez to go to Everton. As for his bad decisions and breaking eggs we already have that covered.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 02:02:28 PM »
If I was offered a choice between our absent no mark of an owner and Vincent Tan I think I would probably choose the latter.

Behold the single most ridiculously over the top reaction on this site in ages.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 02:03:24 PM »
Yeah, there is all kinds of stupid going on at the moment.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 02:04:05 PM »
Anyone who is advocating Tan over Lerner needs to book an appointment with their doctor quickly.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 02:04:32 PM »

Maybe, but even Doug wouldn't have appointed Alex McLeish! - that's when I realised Lerner and Faulkner are complete buffoons!"

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 02:05:29 PM »

Like he sacked O'Leary after Doncaster?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal