collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What A Good Article.  (Read 12418 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: What A Good Article.
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 11:19:44 PM »
You are right as in the past you would read this only in print form when its available. It's the age of Internet fooling us all I guess.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 11:31:20 PM »
Got me, anyway!

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 05:22:01 AM »
If watching us and stating the obvious makes for a good article then there's 30,000 waiting to be written.

It's an excellent and accurate summary of the last 2 or 3 seasons and touches on all the key points. And the line ' “You've got to play without the ball a lot of the time,” said Lambert. Villa do that anyway. ' is a peach.

It's odd that you don't seem to mind so much about all the "great article, Dave" comments referring to the toss you write on thebirminghampress.com.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 06:48:09 AM »
I think this article works for a non-partisan audience.
Yes, it seems bleedin' obvious as a Villa fan - we've had to put up with our home form. But for the casual football watcher, this article articulates our feelings in a powerful and heart-felt way.

Consequently, it does a good job of promoting our club and the fans' feelings to a wider audience.

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 09:13:35 AM »
The only part I'd disagree with is the insinuation we should have kept Ireland, we all know he's worth less on the pitch than off it.

Yes, I think it would be this section that's the problem.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2014, 09:27:22 AM »
It lost me with the Stephen Ireland line.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 09:42:40 AM »
If watching us and stating the obvious makes for a good article then there's 30,000 waiting to be written.

It's an excellent and accurate summary of the last 2 or 3 seasons and touches on all the key points. And the line ' “You've got to play without the ball a lot of the time,” said Lambert. Villa do that anyway. ' is a peach.

It's odd that you don't seem to mind so much about all the "great article, Dave" comments referring to the toss you write on thebirminghampress.com.

So I'm not allowed to comment on anything except with unreserved praise?

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »

Great response, Dave.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 10:02:49 AM »

Great response, Dave.

I agree.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 10:36:47 AM »
The peasants are revolting.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2014, 10:40:19 AM »
I know more than him. Firstly the match is MNF !! he should know his facts! so doesnt even knnow when the villa are playing!
we already all know this some people are easily impressed . i m an individual and no upstart i can  state with confidence  the tactics need to be addressed !!

Richard Jolly

English football correspondent

Maybe the mutiny in the Midlands was a one-off event. Perhaps it is the start of a full-scale revolt. Tonight may tell whether Paul Lambert has lost the loyalty of Aston Villa’s long-suffering supporters.

The high point of the campaign occurred against today’s visitors, Arsenal, a 3-1 opening-day demolition that brought a display of dissent towards Arsene Wenger.

Maybe we should sign Jozy Altidore? *Locks door, Sits on hand*

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 11:07:16 AM »
I'm sick of this bag of popcorn already.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 11:13:30 AM »
Yes, it seems bleedin' obvious as a Villa fan - we've had to put up with our home form. But for the casual football watcher, this article articulates our feelings in a powerful and heart-felt way.

Consequently, it does a good job of promoting our club and the fans' feelings to a wider audience.

That's how I read it.  There was nothing overly insightful for us in what he wrote, but it was refreshing to see the wider media actually notice these things for a change rather than just write the usual stuff.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2014, 11:14:35 AM »
its all just depressing at the moment , thats all .

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »

That's how I read it.  There was nothing overly insightful for us in what he wrote, but it was refreshing to see the wider media actually notice these things for a change rather than just write the usual stuff.

I would concur with this. We are used to reading claptrap telling us how we didnt like McLeish because he came from the Blues, Benteke needs to move to better himself and O'Neill was the answer to all our problems.

Its nice to read something which reflects what we think, it doesn't happen often enough unfortunately so that is what makes this article worth a comment. 30000 people could write this article ....... but they dont,  thankfully, or I would never get any work done

This article gives a much more accurate view and reflects a lot of what is said on this site....apart from the Stephen Ireland bit

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal