collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The All-New Patronise The Plucky Little Neighbours Thread.  (Read 315034 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: The All-New Patronise The Plucky Little Neighbours Thread.
« Reply #2610 on: June 01, 2019, 04:50:19 PM »
They invented European football, you know. Nobody every played a team from abroad before they did.

Just after Europa League qualification, Mel Eves declared that Wolves were one of the pioneers of European football.

Don't forget they also invented floodlights. ;)

They also invented building different parts of the ground in diferent postcodes.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2611 on: June 01, 2019, 04:59:49 PM »
They invented European football, you know. Nobody every played a team from abroad before they did.

Just after Europa League qualification, Mel Eves declared that Wolves were one of the pioneers of European football.

Don't forget they also invented floodlights. ;)

They also invented building different parts of the ground in diferent postcodes.

For years I thought the Ireland stand was so called because it was so far away from the Molineux pitch it was in Ireland.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2612 on: June 02, 2019, 05:57:06 PM »
Jackie Chan or whatever his name is reckons they would have got promotion instead of us if it wasnít for the red cards and injuries. The red cards of course being something that happened to them out of pure cruel misfortune with them having no influence on it at all.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2613 on: June 02, 2019, 08:58:59 PM »
Jackie Chan or whatever his name is reckons they would have got promotion instead of us if it wasnít for the red cards and injuries. The red cards of course being something that happened to them out of pure cruel misfortune with them having no influence on it at all.

Fair point. But I am sure every team in every division reckons they would have had a far better season if they had avoided red cards and injuries. I suppose in years to come they will make out they were the only team in the promotion race who suffered suspensions and injuries. A bit like in the late seventies when they were only stopped from winning the league because it snowed in B71 but nowhere else in the country.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #2614 on: June 02, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »
I believe he is a Bluenose....that explains a lot.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2615 on: June 02, 2019, 09:11:41 PM »

Perfect. He can do a job swap and take over Small Heath when Harry Monk leaves them to go to Smethwick.

Although Oddschecker tells me that Danny Cowley is now the hot favourite for the Albion job.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2616 on: June 02, 2019, 09:37:47 PM »
He played the semi like a true bluenose, 5-4-1, defend, hack and rely on set pieces.

Couldn't help himself, they know no other way.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #2617 on: June 02, 2019, 10:11:11 PM »

Perfect. He can do a job swap and take over Small Heath when Harry Monk leaves them to go to Smethwick.

Although Oddschecker tells me that Danny Cowley is now the hot favourite for the Albion job.

You mean Chris Wilder isnít crawling over broken glass to leave his boyhood club and take a pay cut to join the mighty West Brom?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2618 on: June 03, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »

You mean Chris Wilder isnít crawling over broken glass to leave his boyhood club and take a pay cut to join the mighty West Brom?

They have been turned down more times than a hotel bedsheet.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2619 on: June 03, 2019, 01:19:14 PM »

His boyhood club who have a bigger ground than Albion and are in a league higher. Plus they have about the same Premier League/Championship history in the last twenty years or so.  If they did contact Wilder I wonder if he politely said no or just pissed himself laughing.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #2620 on: June 03, 2019, 01:22:53 PM »
Don't they have an almost identical honours list with West Brom?
Maybe one more FA Cup and League Cup for the Baggies?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #2621 on: June 04, 2019, 07:01:30 PM »
Apparently cheating Jay Rodriguez has a £5 million release clause in his contract which would rise to £10 million in 12 monthsí time, presumably based on that well known principle that players increase in value the less time they have left on their contracts. What clowns are in charge over there?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2622 on: June 04, 2019, 07:41:13 PM »
Apparently cheating Jay Rodriguez has a £5 million release clause in his contract which would rise to £10 million in 12 monthsí time, presumably based on that well known principle that players increase in value the less time they have left on their contracts. What clowns are in charge over there?

To be fair if you have a player who is allowed to score with his hands surely that doubles his value.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : 12.02.2020
« Reply #2623 on: June 07, 2019, 06:26:41 PM »
Every time some bitter bird chirps in on Twitter I just post this. They soon pipe down.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2020
« Reply #2624 on: June 07, 2019, 06:43:15 PM »
As a slight aside, due to the transfer of Gary Gardner to SHA, it got me thinking, who was the last Stripey we took, was it Jim Cumbes or is there a more recent one?