collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The All-New Patronise The Plucky Little Neighbours Thread.  (Read 310101 times)

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
Re: The All-New Patronise The Plucky Little Neighbours Thread.
« Reply #2595 on: May 28, 2019, 11:14:45 PM »
I know it's petty, but after their antics a couple of years ago I really hope we pay for a billboard next to their shithole of a ground advertising the only place in Birmingham to watch Premier League football next year!!!

I'd rather we didn't even acknowledge their existence. Explicitly or tacitly. Same for Small Heath. We should be aiming to get one over on Man City, Barcelona and AC Milan, not those nonentities.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 01.02.2020
« Reply #2596 on: May 28, 2019, 11:16:28 PM »
I know it's petty, but after their antics a couple of years ago I really hope we pay for a billboard next to their shithole of a ground advertising the only place in Birmingham to watch Premier League football next year!!!

I'd rather we didn't even acknowledge their existence. Explicitly or tacitly. Same for Small Heath. We should be aiming to get one over on Man City, Barcelona and AC Milan, not those nonentities.

You're right of course, but there's just a part of me that wants to shove that pathetic poster back up their collective arses as a little "see you later, tossers!" in the hope and expectation that we only ever have to put up with them again in cup games!

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2020
« Reply #2597 on: May 29, 2019, 11:16:12 AM »

You're right of course, but there's just a part of me that wants to shove that pathetic poster back up their collective arses as a little "see you later, tossers!" in the hope and expectation that we only ever have to put up with them again in cup games!

But we did.  We turned them over in the semi's then went on to win the play-off final despite them finishing higher in the final league table.  History will forever show that, long after some poxy tinpot roadside billboard erected by a tinpot football club has long been forgotten.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 18.05.2015
« Reply #2598 on: May 29, 2019, 12:32:47 PM »
Iím just happy to bask in the glow of normality returning. Most of the time this is how it is round here. Wolves being in the same league as us was odd when we were in The Championship never mind the Premier League but apart from that it just feels right again.

Probably need the BíLose to drop a league or two I guess.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2599 on: May 30, 2019, 11:52:27 AM »
Iím just happy to bask in the glow of normality returning. Most of the time this is how it is round here. Wolves being in the same league as us was odd when we were in The Championship never mind the Premier League but apart from that it just feels right again.

Probably need the BíLose to drop a league or two I guess.

That would be nice for them. Has anyone won the Auto Windscreens/Leyland Daf/Johnstones Paint/EFL trophy three times before? They could really rub our noses in it if they went down and won it for a third time when we have never even qualified for it.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #2600 on: May 30, 2019, 11:57:25 AM »
We might qualify for it this year, as Premier League under-21 sides now enter.

I hope we don't bother. It should be left to give the smaller clubs a chance of a day in the sun.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2601 on: May 30, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »
Can you imagine 50000 Villa fans at Wembley for the Checkatrade final lol

Online Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #2602 on: May 31, 2019, 05:22:04 PM »
A tatter finally piped up  at work yesterday and declared that Grealish was a 'diving, cheating, mongrel' and that we'd get less points than Huddersfield next season.

Dingles worried much?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2603 on: May 31, 2019, 10:33:44 PM »
A tatter finally piped up  at work yesterday and declared that Grealish was a 'diving, cheating, mongrel' and that we'd get less points than Huddersfield next season.

Dingles worried much?

The Huddersfield that beat the Dingles home and away, that Huddersfield?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2604 on: May 31, 2019, 11:50:40 PM »

Dingles worried much?

The Huddersfield that beat the Dingles home and away, that Huddersfield?

Do Wolves fans realise that playing in Europe isn't the same as it was in the fifties and that they have to play whoever they are drawn against in the Europa League qualifying draw and can't just invite whatever European clubs they choose to play?

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #2605 on: June 01, 2019, 08:53:22 AM »
They invented European football, you know. Nobody every played a team from abroad before they did.

Online Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #2606 on: June 01, 2019, 02:07:54 PM »
They invented European football, you know. Nobody every played a team from abroad before they did.

Just after Europa League qualification, Mel Eves declared that Wolves were one of the pioneers of European football.

Offline Nev

« Reply #2607 on: June 01, 2019, 02:25:20 PM »
A mate of mine, who is relatively reliable as a source has just posted on Facebook that Sandwell are making an approach for Chris Wilder from Sheff Utd.

He's no happy with the budget apparently so may be open to a move.

WTF?

Online KRS

« Reply #2608 on: June 01, 2019, 02:32:30 PM »
Just saw that on the SSN ticker. I did have a WTF?! moment quickly followed by spontaneous laughing...as if Wilder would even consider moving from his newly promoted Sheff Utd team to those bitter tramps!!! 😂

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2609 on: June 01, 2019, 04:07:36 PM »

Just after Europa League qualification, Mel Eves declared that Wolves were one of the pioneers of European football.

Don't forget they also invented floodlights. ;)