collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our Poor Home Form  (Read 9927 times)

Offline danlanza

Re: Our Poor Home Form
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 10:00:42 PM »
In short:

1) Attitude of our fans
2) The fact away teams perceive us still as a big club due to our excellent stadium and and thus the big teams don't rest players
3) The pitch is so big it suits play-makers, of which we have none
First two i agree with. Last one, well , open to question really.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 10:20:56 PM »
our players , cuz there lower league players with no premiership quality along side them, shit their selves in a ground the size of ours, and the preconceived expectation

Lambert you are making our return to where we where just four years ago harder

Can someone translate please?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 10:22:19 PM »
our players , cuz there lower league players with no premiership quality along side them, shit their selves in a ground the size of ours, and the preconceived expectation

Lambert's a ******.

Offline WestleyArmsAV

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »
There really is some mass hysteria going on and some people clearly topping up from Christmas on the old sauce.

Better off points wise than this time last season, better off goal difference wise, more clean sheets than the whole of last season, this with some significant injuries and our main goalscorer out of form / still not recovered from injury.

A season and a half into rebuilding the squad from the mess it was in I would love to know what points tally / position some people think we should be at.

Still 100% behind PL.

UTV.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:29:47 PM by WestleyArmsAV »

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 11:26:41 PM »
We're too easy to play against at Villa park. Especially against teams you think we shoukd be beating on a regular basis. The emphasis is on us to attack but as we're set up to counter we rarely do well facing a side who are prepared to sit and frustrate. The away side generally gives us a taste of our own medicine and sits deep whilst picking us off when they get the chance. Keep us quiet for 20-30 mins and the fans become agitated and they're halfway there. I actually think we've played some of our better games at home against the bigger sides who just come and play against us and they see us as weaker opposition, giving us more space to exploit in behind.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 11:32:43 PM »

I speak fluent Erdington but this dialect is unfamilar. I assume it's the B23 part. *wrinkles nose*

Online dekko

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 11:52:19 PM »
Nothing new to add:

1. We can't break teams down because we have no creativity.

which leads to:

2. Miserable fans.  We try and keep hold of the ball, people boo because we aren't attacking enough.  So the players go more direct and then people boo because of the hoofball.

I might be wrong here but if you have a football team full of kids, and their confidence is shot, then perhaps encouraging them instead of booing and moaning and yelling every time they try (and fail) and do something might help?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
In short:

1) Attitude of our fans
2) The fact away teams perceive us still as a big club due to our excellent stadium and and thus the big teams don't rest players
3) The pitch is so big it suits play-makers, of which we have none
First two i agree with. Last one, well , open to question really.
You kids!
Sorry but don't agree on first two. The third one yes. We don't  and have not had very good players for a long while now. I would say the last one was Merson.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 12:38:17 AM »
There really is some mass hysteria going on and some people clearly topping up from Christmas on the old sauce.

Better off points wise than this time last season, better off goal difference wise, more clean sheets than the whole of last season, this with some significant injuries and our main goalscorer out of form / still not recovered from injury.

A season and a half into rebuilding the squad from the mess it was in I would love to know what points tally / position some people think we should be at.

Still 100% behind PL.

UTV.

I'd expect a home record a couple of rungs up the ladder from 'disgraceful' and for us not to be knocked out of cup competitions by teams from each of the three lower divisions than ours.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 07:26:34 AM »

Still 100% behind PL.

UTV.

I'd expect a home record a couple of rungs up the ladder from 'disgraceful' and for us not to be knocked out of cup competitions by teams from each of the three lower divisions than ours.

I think the original post is very sensible. But the reply is perfectly reasonable too.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 09:40:17 PM »
Negativity of some fans is definitely a massive problem, players taking the easy option is a symptom of this s backwards pass is easier than an a pass that may not come off.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 10:23:17 PM »
How the hell is it the paying spectators fault that the action on the pitch is so shapeless and aimless? 

That also ignores that the support for Lambert (and the team) was positive enough in his first season for him to regularly comment on it.  But if you continue to serve up dross, patience eventually wears thin. 

Online walsall villain

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:15 PM »
I think the fans have been amazing patient in recent years, even during the TSM days. The trouble is we start games so slowly and hadn't scored first half until the Swansea game so you can understand the reason for the lack of atmosphere in the stadium. I could never blame the fans for the poor performances at villa park.

Offline Dribbler

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2014, 09:41:21 PM »
Oh it's definitely all the fans fault as a result of their mass hysteria and it's definitely got nothing to do with the owner, CEO, Manager, coaches and players and the way they've ran the club and the football they've played.

As such i think the only way we will ever perform better at home is for the fans not to go to Villa park and watch the team play. I have a sneaky suspicion that if the majority of fans stopped going to matches, our performances and so results would improve drastically.

Offline supertom

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2014, 10:07:51 PM »
Honestly the fact that Villa park on a home game doesn't look like some desolate post apocalyptic relic in the home area, with dusty empty seats and tumbleweeds blowing pathetically across, is something to be commended. The way we play at home, anyone turning up should get a medal as they pass through the turnstyle. Away fans should be served champagne and canapes by waiters, be given luxury seating and complimentary back rubs too, because their team generally gets treatment akin to that on the pitch from our players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal