collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:50:52 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert's Vision for Villa  (Read 39896 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Lambert's Vision for Villa
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 12:01:07 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm not buying this one bit. There's no long term plan, there never has been.

Seems to me the aim is to survive in the premiership on as cheap a budget as possible .

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 12:04:14 PM »
stay in the league until Randy can sell. That I imagine is as simple as it is.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 12:06:09 PM »
I think there is a fairly obvious plan to be honest.

I also don't agree with comparisons with O'Leary either. The football may have been poor the past few weeks and the results these past five or six games not good enough, but I must have missed him acting like an utter ******.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 12:08:46 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm not buying this one bit. There's no long term plan, there never has been.

Seems to me the aim is to survive in the premiership on as cheap a budget as possible .

We're trying to compete on a budget that's manageable to the club, not doing it on the cheap, that's nonsense.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
I can remember there was a similar article on here when McLeish was in charge where he was talking about building for the future,we were all given the impession Lerner was right behind him.He was sacked a week or so later.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 12:10:23 PM »
From Pravda:

You have to start somewhere and lay a brick.

."

By God we've laid a few of those recently!

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 12:12:21 PM »
All this 'vision for the future' would be fine if we looked like we were progressing. I could believe at the end of last season, but at the moment we're going backwards.

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 12:14:39 PM »
I can remember there was a similar article on here when McLeish was in charge where he was talking about building for the future,we were all given the impession Lerner was right behind him.He was sacked a week or so later.

I think the fans played a huge part in that. We made it clear we didn't want him, which left Lerner with no choice.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »
The plan:

1) Reduce wage bill - check
2) Stay up - check (season end 13)
3) Secure services of better players by offering improved contracts until one of the sky4 offers £10m+ (in progress)
4) Stay up (season end 14)
5) Bring in a couple of average players at the end of the January window to show the fans our 'ambition'
6) Keep spouting endless bullshit so fans buy season tickets next year.

I'm sorry, but Aston Villa, like many other clubs is purely a money making machine. Even if Randy invested heavily in the team so we bought the league it would stink.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »
Also I'm confused as on Saturday we had a "Project" and now it is a "Vision".

Aren't visions what happen when somebody has a psychotic episode - like a hallucination?
Maybe Lambert is seeing things we aren't ;-)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »
All this 'vision for the future' would be fine if we looked like we were progressing. I could believe at the end of last season, but at the moment we're going backwards.

This time last year we conceded 15 goals without reply in three matches.  So far this season we've conceded 25 in total, only 3 more than Man Utd.

Yes, we've got some problems to sort, but to suggest that we're going backwards when one of the major problems of last year has been largely resolved is overly negative.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »

This time last year we conceded 15 goals without reply in three matches.  So far this season we've conceded 25 in total, only 3 more than Man Utd.

Yes, we've got some problems to sort, but to suggest that we're going backwards when one of the major problems of last year has been largely resolved is overly negative.

If you think our performances have moved forward from the end of last season, then I'd say you're being overly positive.

Offline eastie

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »

We're trying to compete on a budget that's manageable to the club, not doing it on the cheap, that's nonsense.

Clubs with far lower gates and far less income seem to be doing it much better than us and achieving far better results .
If the club continue in this vain then the better players will wish to leave for clubs with more ambition and we will eventually slip the way of wigan.

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 12:24:56 PM »
What is the 'kin vision???? 

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 12:25:15 PM »

If you think our performances have moved forward from the end of last season, then I'd say you're being overly positive.

Comparing our performances over Christmas this year to our performances over Christmas last year I'd say we're a million miles ahead.  I'm absolutely convinced the team at the moment, even in their current run of poor form, wouldn't ship 8 (eight) goals at Chelsea, nor would they get turned over at home by Wigan.

Is the team performing as well as it did towards the end of last season?  No, of course not, but given it's largely the same group of players, what's to say they won't turn things around again this season like they did last?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal