collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If you can keep Guzan and Gabby....  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Marton

• GM : 17.10.2016
If you can keep Guzan and Gabby....
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:55:22 PM »
...what PL team wouldn't you swap entire squad with right now? Including the Manager but owner, staff, shirts, stadium etc remains.
( No, you cant keep Benteke would follow all the other underachievers in the swap )

Just a brainteaser for fun but try to be honest and really think about it :)

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
Re: If you can keep Guzan and Gabby....
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 11:58:13 PM »
I'm confused. We can keep Agbonlahor but Benteke, Delph, Vlaar and Okore have to go?

What's the point of this again?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:29:33 AM »
What's the point of this again?

Just a brainteaser for fun :)

Wouldn't swap with:
Palace / Cardiff - Mostly full of lower league players too old even to hope they will improve.
Fulham - Aging, too many superstars in their own minds.
Stoke - It would mean Jonathon Walters and Glenn Whelan playing for Villa.
West Ham - Full of dull as ditchwater players
Sunderland - Di Canio's signings were awful
Hull - I still think they'll get found out in the second half of the season. Doing very well for now though and do have one or two very useful players.
Albion - Because they're Albion.

Would happily play swapsies with United, City, Chelsea,  Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Southampton, Swansea, Newcastle.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:31:39 AM by SheffieldVillain »

Offline Marton

• GM : 17.10.2016
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 12:33:19 AM »
Yes. I guess I would say Fulham. With that squad not even  Guzan and Gabby would be enough to avoid relegation without substantial reinforcements in January.
(Hmmm..Bent would play for Villa but be on loan from Fulham then...wonder if he fancy that.)

There is no point, its what I came up with by drinking too many beers while watching back the Palace and Swansea games.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »
Just a sec. Benteke and Vlaar would go in the under achieving camp, but Gabby 2 goals all season Agbonlahor, well as he has played at times, gets to stay?

Bit odd.

Keeping Guzan, Vlaar, Gabby and Benteke then - I would then swap with most of the rest! Maybe only Palace and Sunderland.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 01:45:20 AM »
I don't get it.

I would keep Benteke, Vlaar and Guzan if i never saw any of the others in villa colours again i wouldn't be in the slightest bothered.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:48:50 AM by Goldie.7 »

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 06:29:31 AM »
Yes. I guess I would say Fulham. With that squad not even  Guzan and Gabby would be enough to avoid relegation without substantial reinforcements in January.
(Hmmm..Bent would play for Villa but be on loan from Fulham then...wonder if he fancy that.)

There is no point, its what I came up with by drinking too many beers while watching back the Palace and Swansea games.

You must have had too many beers to put yourself through that again!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 07:15:20 AM »

You must have had too many beers to put yourself through that again!

I think on a list of torture methods, playing those 2 games back to any Villa fan would be up there!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal