collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:02:24 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 04:00:42 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Forge10
[Today at 03:58:20 PM]

Diego Carlos by olaftab
[Today at 03:49:33 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 03:37:40 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: DO managers ever do this.  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
DO managers ever do this.
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:28:25 AM »
Could it be possible to see any managers do this.

Paul Lambert realise his players are not playing well enough and the coaching is not required standard, get rid of his coaching staff to bring in new coaching staff to change football system and methods.  I want someone to do come in transform our club like Swansea, Barcelona or Arsenal.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: DO managers ever do this.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »
Managers do tend to take their tried and trusted coaching staff wherever they go. It's rare they get sacked and replaced.

Online dekko

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 11:36:36 AM »
Its not something you do mid-season either.

Assuming Lambert is here in the summer (I don't think Lerner will sack him unless we actually go down, which we won't) he's shown before that he'll overhaul some parts of the setup (new defence coach, new fitness coaches etc) - just don't go hoping for a set style or philosophy to be brought in because I don't think Lambert does either.

Offline eastie

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »
He has had karsa and culverhouse with him for a long time - can't see him getting rid of either .

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 11:59:48 AM »
Same as Mon always had Robertson and the other one (name fails me) when he went to Sunderland one of them didn't and they were rubbish.

Offline eastie

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »
Same as Mon always had Robertson and the other one (name fails me) when he went to Sunderland one of them didn't and they were rubbish.

Walford.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 12:16:36 PM »
He has had karsa and culverhouse with him for a long time - can't see him getting rid of either .

Particularly as Karsa is also his brother in law.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 01:32:13 PM »
Not sure what the coaching set up is, however I do think we should revert back to the Brian Little coaching team make up of, defence (Allan Evans) midfield (John Gregory) and I presume strikers himself. Some of the defending yesterday was shocking, Lowton in particular must have sold himself a dozen times by rushing in to tackle instead of jockeying and holding position. Luna, never seems to be marking his winger allowing free passage down the left hand side. Clark and Baker then make rash challenges when there is no need putting themselves under more pressure.

The Midfield make up should be looked at, with the water carrier role (Des Bremner or Frank Carradous) up and down the pitch all day supporting both defence and attack. Numerous times yesterday the ball was played into Swanseas area only to be cleared to the space between the penalty area and the halfway line with none of our midfield to pick it up. They were either up with the forwards or back with the defence. There should be a dedicated play breaker, someone who hunts the ball down and then gives it to the playmaker.

The defence never appears to talk to the midfield and when Lowton or Luna bomb forward with the ball or to receive the ball, no midfielder appears to fill the gap that is left. 

I think all the above is very simple stuff, yet we do not appear to have the first clue.

Offline wookster

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »
I've read somewhere that the Tesco stripeys are insisting that any new manager has to agree to work with the coaches that the Club have. Woud be a good idea if this happened more and they employed the best backroom team they could get as oppose to the 'old boys club'

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
I've read somewhere that the Tesco stripeys are insisting that any new manager has to agree to work with the coaches that the Club have. Woud be a good idea if this happened more and they employed the best backroom team they could get as oppose to the 'old boys club'

What if the coaches are shit?

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 07:13:38 PM »

Walford.

Yeah that's it, cheers

Offline danlanza

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »
Culverhouse can do one as far as i am concerned.
Lambert needs to change his coaching staff top to bottom or he will get sacked.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 02:02:25 AM »

Particularly as Karsa is also his brother in law.

Didn't Mumbles' wife leave him though? The perfect opp to fook Karsa right off ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal