collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: and then who?  (Read 62491 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: and then who?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »
Steve Clarke ,Malkay McKay when he's sacked ,ANYBODY !!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:28:38 PM by VillaAlways »

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 06:28:28 PM »
Bielsa's brilliant and mental. I'd be delighted but it's exceptionally unlikely to happen.

Rangnick's not healthy enough to manage a club full-time (sound familiar?) and Felix Magath's record consists exclusively of good starts at clubs until gradually the entire squad hates him. Perhaps not the best.

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2013, 06:29:50 PM »
I'd take virtually anybody from abroad. The only manager we've looked decent under in the past decade with any sort of plan was Houllier and his only downside was that he had a hard-on for Liverpool and was too professional for the wankers from the MON era. If only his ticker hadn't given out we would be where Newcastle are now.

Now I've not followed foreign leagues for a long time so I couldn't name names, all I know is that there are absolutely no British managers available that would sort us out short term and long term. Our squad is easily good enough for the top half. There are at least 10 worse teams on paper, we just need a manager that will get our players to get it on the deck and pass and move (Like Houllier did for us). Lambert clearly can't do that, he is tactically clueless and sticking with him without Benteke playing like God will definitely see us relegated.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »
Solksjaer?

Do you feel a bit empty tonight too Paulie? Almost like one kick in the guts too many has finally broken your spirit?

I feel broken. I'll support Lambert with whatever I have left until the end but I feel like a video game character who's energy level is fucked. Ammo low, no medical kit in sight, pinned down in a building, the enemy surrounding me.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
Bielsa's brilliant and mental. I'd be delighted but it's exceptionally unlikely to happen.

Rangnick's not healthy enough to manage a club full-time (sound familiar?) and Felix Magath's record consists exclusively of good starts at clubs until gradually the entire squad hates him. Perhaps not the best.

They don't have to hate him forever, just until we're good again.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2013, 06:31:06 PM »
Steve Clarke ,Malkay McKay when he's sacked ,ANYBODY !!

Don't be a fool

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »
Hoddle? Really

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2013, 06:32:13 PM »
I think his people may have thrown his name in for the Irish job, so if he was interested in that I could see him being interested in the villa gig.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2013, 06:32:14 PM »
Hoddle would be an outrageous risk. OGS would be nearly as big. Not a exactly a "no" from me just a huge risk. I'm just up for a bit of excitement to be honest, I can't abide this turgid, incompetent "points is all that matter" shite.

I think whatever happens the manager needs to be backed and needs to bring up some quality to give everyone a lift. May only need to be one or two players but they need to be very good ones.

And let's all remember there is a whole wide world out there, it's not Big Sam or bust...

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2013, 06:34:04 PM »
Steve Lomas is now available.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »
I've never heard of him either. Sounds like a make of car.

Do not anger the Bielsa!

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2013, 06:34:28 PM »
Steve Lomas is now available.

Get him in.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »
Me and the chap I went to the game with today were discussing getting Villas-Boas in at half time, and he said that he'd probably want a hundred million in transfer funds to even think about it. I said if you give Lambert a hundred million to spend, he'd probably try and buy a hundred players with it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2013, 06:40:19 PM »
The main thing I want from the next manager is someone who realises and understands we have a major issue playing at Villa Park.

Y'know maybe getting the squad together first day of pre season, getting scraps of paper and asking each individual to write down the main reason they find it so difficult playing home games and working from that if you get some sensible answers.

Is it that difficult to find a manager who can get us 8-9 home wins a season playing in a reasonably entertaining manner?

You could pick someone out from the Holte end to manage us for the Swansea game and I doubt the performance would be any worse than what we've churned out today or the Sunderland game.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2013, 06:40:42 PM »
 Bielsas team play good football tbh.

PWS, i'm on about Campbells disallowed goal in the last minute, for a supposed push.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal