collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert OUT  (Read 40909 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Lambert OUT
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »
He's useless and he's well out of his depth. I think he'll just about survive this season but then we should turf him out. Crap signings, tactically clueless and just way over his head.
There is no cohesive plan. There is no light at the end of this tunnel. We're seeing that now. We're way, way too poor. Dire stuff.

If we fuck him off tomorrow I wouldn't lose any sleep. I think there's mediocre managers who'd do a better job than him at this level in perfect honesty. He hasn't got the nous for Prem football.

People talk about stability but it has to be for the right man. No way in bloody hell is Lambert the right man. He's the right man for a club in the Championship at best. We moaned on and on about McLeish but the fact of the matter is, even McLeish has achieved more as a manager in top level football.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
Id give Hoddle a go happily
Why? A dislike of the current manager is a very weak excuse for gambling on someone like hoddle.
I agree.  OGS for me.

No thanks. I was an OGS man at the time but the time for gambling on a young unproven manager was back then.

If we are going to change managers (and I still dont think we should) then I want someone with a proven pedigree, preferably not British. That is going to be hard to find given our current finances but it would be the only sensible change imho.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2013, 05:41:33 PM »
If the bloke had anything about him he would resign now .

And give up compensation. Not something I can see happening.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »
His pointblank refusal to bring in any experience is his undoing so Ozzjim that does make sense.

Having no experience and plenty of youth is lunacy. In all  walks of life you try to have a blend of both for the continuity of the institution.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »
Why? A dislike of the current manager is a very weak excuse for gambling on someone like hoddle.
I agree.  OGS for me.

No thanks. I was an OGS man at the time but the time for gambling on a young unproven manager was back then.

If we are going to change managers (and I still dont think we should) then I want someone with a proven pedigree, preferably not British. That is going to be hard to find given our current finances but it would be the only sensible change imho.

Why not?
A) can't see him doing worse than what we have now
B) he's very well respected, people in the game still hold him in high regard
C) his style of football would be better
D) got better connections in world football we could utilise
E) he is chomping at the bit to have another crack at the top flight and that drive and determination on top of the above points is a win win for me

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2013, 05:45:02 PM »
Our board are so fucking useless that they always get shafted when a Manager goes....you know "constructive dismissal"

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »
This manager ranks along side McNeil as the worst Villa manger i have ever seen . The one took us down and the other is well on the way to doing the same

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2013, 05:48:15 PM »
Today is the first time That I wasn't arsed about going to the game - EVER.

I went to stoke - which was woeful - today surpassed that even.

The guy is inept in every way - it's his team now . The only players that looked any good are the ones that were here before him , Guzan , Delph, Albrighton and Gabby.

Please Randy - do it - do it tonight - so we can get someone in to plan for the transfer window and get several loan players in on 1st Jan , not at the end of Jan.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2013, 05:48:40 PM »
Sacking another manager is it going to change anything ??

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2013, 05:50:15 PM »
Sacking another manager is it going to change anything ??
No, not without a change in transfer policy

Offline myf

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2013, 05:50:39 PM »
crossroads time. it hasn't worked. time for a change. Im sure there must be someone who can assemble an average mid table team for limited funds. jol?

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2013, 05:50:52 PM »
Here Here Fin Feds Dad

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2013, 05:51:21 PM »
I agree.  OGS for me.

Why not?
E) he is chomping at the bit to have another crack at the top flight and that drive and determination on top of the above points is a win win for me

He was in the bottom half of the Norwegian league for a lot of this season and thats even with his ability to outspend everyone other club. I think he would be a step down from Lambert I really do.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2013, 05:53:25 PM »
Only at the Villa could a person invest more than £200m in to a football club for it to end up worse off in every way. At least the inside of the Trinity Road stand looks nice.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2013, 05:54:56 PM »
I agree.  OGS for me.

Why not?

He was in the bottom half of the Norwegian league for a lot of this season and thats even with his ability to outspend everyone other club. I think he would be a step down from Lambert I really do.
I meant Hoddle

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal