collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert OUT  (Read 40688 times)

Offline eric woolban woolban

Re: Lambert OUT
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 05:18:55 PM »
My position is now that I wouldn't shed any tears if he left, but I really fail to see the attraction of Hoddle.

I would - but they'd be ones of the joyous variety.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 05:19:09 PM »
If we lose to Swansea he will be gone

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 05:19:31 PM »
My position is now that I wouldn't shed any tears if he left, but I really fail to see the attraction of Hoddle.

Hoddle has been out of the game for ages. We may as well go get Big Ron or Little.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »
Id give Hoddle a go happily
Why? A dislike of the current manager is a very weak excuse for gambling on someone like hoddle.
I agree.  OGS for me.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 05:20:53 PM »

Hoddle has been out of the game for ages. We may as well go get Big Ron or Little.
To me it's as insane a suggestion as Risso's option of Keane from this time last year.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 05:21:49 PM »
We have gone so far with this 'strategy' I don't know if a quick fix can save us now. We might just have to cross our fingers and toes and hope we stay up.

I don't think we can have any complaints though if we do drop. We have been appalling for years and nobody at the club has done anything to improve things.

You make your own luck and failing to invest in quality (as Doug did in 1995/96 after a poor season) when you are already poor will only have one end result eventually.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 05:22:17 PM »
Hoddle knew how to play football in the mid-nineties, but God knows if he knows how to now. I can't think of a British manager we could get who would really do the job properly, to be honest - we need to look abroad.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »

Hoddles team play football, he knows how to organize, he gets average players to play well, he is one of the best tacticians in the game, he has one of the best records for an England manager.......more importantly we won't be boring.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2013, 05:25:43 PM »

I couldn't agree more.  It'd more likely be Holloway than Hoddle.  Lerner probably thought he'd got it right with picking Lambert, unfortunately, it looks like Villa is simply too big a job for him. I also agree with others, if we lose at home to the Swans, the noise for change will be deafening.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 05:26:07 PM »
We're worse than last season.

Offline levico

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 05:30:50 PM »

I couldn't agree more.  It'd more likely be Holloway than Hoddle.  Lerner probably thought he'd got it right with picking Lambert, unfortunately, it looks like Villa is simply too big a job for him. I also agree with others, if we lose at home to the Swans, the noise for change will be deafening.

Which we will.

Offline tepavilla

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
Hoddle knew how to play football in the mid-nineties, but God knows if he knows how to now. I can't think of a British manager we could get who would really do the job properly, to be honest - we need to look abroad.
100% agree. Not another British manager!! Way too big of a chance of getting another guy with an eighties tactics. If I were Lerner, I'd begin contacting the guy who was sacked by Real Betis (can't remember his name). What I've seen them play, last year and this year before the sack, they play wonderful football. MODERN football!

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2013, 05:33:37 PM »
If we make a change, then it has to be done quickly and the new man given significant backing. Any other way and we're on a hiding to nothing (even more so than we currently seem to be)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 05:38:49 PM »
Having supported him and supported him, today broke me I think.

Not because of the loss, but the fact for so many games we have looked so abject going forward.

Collymore and Francis both said today we are way to weak in the centre of midfield, they are right. We can't play as we don't own the middle of the park.

We have no one who can jink and beat a man.

For the first time tonight I would almost be a little relieved if he went tonight.

Anyone coming in could use the loan market to get in 2-3 experienced heads which we still painfully lack.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2013, 05:40:13 PM »
If the bloke had anything about him he would resign now .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal