collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by AV84
[Today at 07:22:26 AM]

MOTD by RamboandBruno
[Today at 07:10:01 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by john2710
[Today at 06:41:12 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 06:25:57 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:52:31 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:49:43 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:29:25 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:23:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anti De-press-ant  (Read 5019 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Anti De-press-ant
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 01:25:43 PM »
they were squealing like pigs. I don't know who they were, or what they were, but I did not like them.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 01:31:57 PM »
I must have seen at least half a dozen 'friendship scarves' yesterday. They really are an abomination and should be banned. You have one team and one team only, and that is that.
I fuckin hate Man Utd.

I assumed the scarves and the Half and Half badges (being sold on the North Stand car park btw), were so the day trippers could remember which team they were against the first time they saw Manure play live.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 01:33:09 PM »
As for the match, it shows the diffence between a team that knows how to win at Villa Park and one that doesn't.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 03:06:19 PM »
If we still had cup semi finals at Villa Park, Man United would win as many games at Villa Park than we have so far this season.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 04:30:39 PM »
Half and half scarf. The other half being Them? Please tell me this is a joke!

I understand small clubs like Wigan and The Noses doing it for their one and only foray into European competition which they had to qulaify for and they get to play FC Bruges and Marribor et al.

There is an indignity for Villa doing that with anyone from the same league. Sure I read it is popular in Germany where big team 'twin' with others.

I was at Leiceter v Burnley on Saturday (an excuse for a piss up with friends) and saw a Leicester v Man City half and half as playing in the cup soon I think.

I said to my mates - what the fuck is the point of that scarf? None of them understood the idea - they being a Norwich fan, a Sheff Wed fan and a Southend fan.

Villa v Athletico Bilbao may be the one and only which could ever be in existence with a smidgen of justification. The rest no thanks.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »

I understand small clubs like Wigan and The Noses doing it for their one and only foray into European competition which they had to qulaify for and they get to play FC Bruges and Marribor et al.

There is an indignity for Villa doing that with anyone from the same league. Sure I read it is popular in Germany where big team 'twin' with others.

I was at Leiceter v Burnley on Saturday (an excuse for a piss up with friends) and saw a Leicester v Man City half and half as playing in the cup soon I think.

I said to my mates - what the fuck is the point of that scarf? None of them understood the idea - they being a Norwich fan, a Sheff Wed fan and a Southend fan.

Villa v Athletico Bilbao may be the one and only which could ever be in existence with a smidgen of justification. The rest no thanks.

They were being sold by street traders, not Villa.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 04:38:55 PM »

They were being sold by street traders, not Villa.

I wasn't there as had to take the Missus to pick up her wedding dress. I really wasn't bothered as avoid this fixture mainly.

Did any Villa fans buy them?

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 04:48:42 PM »
I bought some half Peterborough / half Villa scarves after a friendly there. £2 each and great to swap with supporters on away European games.
'Who is zis team?!.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »
I bought a half and half scarf vs Brighton in the cup four years ago but then I live down here, I travelled up with a load of brighton fans who were full of top banter the whole day, even after they lost - and it was a great game. It sits in a box in my wardrobe, I'll never wear it but its a momento of a special day for me at least.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
I must have seen at least half a dozen 'friendship scarves' yesterday. They really are an abomination and should be banned. You have one team and one team only, and that is that.

How about those of us who genuinely support more than one team?

*EDIT* Not that I would ever buy a half Villa half Tamuff scarf of course.

You get banned aswell lol

Offline Diablo

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 11:58:33 PM »
Dave is this your shortest Birmingham Press piece to date? Totally understandable if so. I'm just curious (I suppose I'm looking for other distractions so I don't have to dwell on Sunday).

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 11:59:41 PM »
Dave is this your shortest Birmingham Press piece to date? Totally understandable if so. I'm just curious (I suppose I'm looking for other distractions so I don't have to dwell on Sunday).

By some considerable margin.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2013, 12:07:36 AM »

By some considerable margin.

Brilliant!!! You're minimalism has actually brought a smile to my face. Thank you lol

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal