collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much more can we bear?...  (Read 31442 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: How much more can we bear?...
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 08:29:42 PM »
Yep all our league goals have come in the second half.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »
Sorry to repeat what I've written on the post-match thread, but it's the way I feel right now.

As a ST holder, I’m pissed off: having supported Lambert’s candidature as manager and welcomed his appointment, I’m at a point where I think he has reached a bit of an impasse. Today we faced a Utd team which could have been taken down by a side with energy, passion and verve. Instead, we saw a team that proved to be every bit as flaky as other Villa sides of the last three years. Luna, Sylla and Baker were, simply, hopeless. All three made mistakes that turned into goals for a side that was not particularly threatening otherwise.

Along with Luna, Sylla and Baker, KEA is not a Premiership player. Furthermore, Benteke is going through what seems to be a nightmare of a self-confidence crisis. And the ball retention of this team is awful.

Taken all into account Lambert really does not seem to know what to do about it all: his tactical options are limited; his substitutions are too little too late; his half-time talks seemingly ineffectual. The choice of MF seems to me to be critical in top-class footie these days: today, we saw a poor Sylla and a limited KEA team up, with Gardner and Bacuna on the bench. I said before the game, I’d love to have seen the youthful and technically-capable Bacuna and GG play as a breath of fresh air, alongside Westie. Lambert stuck with the tried and tested … but ultimately fallible.

Let’s hope Vlaar and Delph make the difference we need them to, otherwise we’re knackered this season.

And we need to make some astute January acquisitions - not "another one for the future" or "from the bargin-basement department". Everton, whom I thought might have struggled this season, pulled two fantastic season-long loans out of the bag and are prospering - any chance of Lambert doing this?? - nah, thought not.

Tell you what Barry as a holding midfielder protecting the defence would have made a huge difference !!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 08:31:24 PM »
No-one else?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 08:32:16 PM »
Sorry to repeat what I've written on the post-match thread, but it's the way I feel right now.

As a ST holder, I’m pissed off: having supported Lambert’s candidature as manager and welcomed his appointment, I’m at a point where I think he has reached a bit of an impasse. Today we faced a Utd team which could have been taken down by a side with energy, passion and verve. Instead, we saw a team that proved to be every bit as flaky as other Villa sides of the last three years. Luna, Sylla and Baker were, simply, hopeless. All three made mistakes that turned into goals for a side that was not particularly threatening otherwise.

Along with Luna, Sylla and Baker, KEA is not a Premiership player. Furthermore, Benteke is going through what seems to be a nightmare of a self-confidence crisis. And the ball retention of this team is awful.

Taken all into account Lambert really does not seem to know what to do about it all: his tactical options are limited; his substitutions are too little too late; his half-time talks seemingly ineffectual. The choice of MF seems to me to be critical in top-class footie these days: today, we saw a poor Sylla and a limited KEA team up, with Gardner and Bacuna on the bench. I said before the game, I’d love to have seen the youthful and technically-capable Bacuna and GG play as a breath of fresh air, alongside Westie. Lambert stuck with the tried and tested … but ultimately fallible.

Let’s hope Vlaar and Delph make the difference we need them to, otherwise we’re knackered this season.

And we need to make some astute January acquisitions - not "another one for the future" or "from the bargin-basement department". Everton, whom I thought might have struggled this season, pulled two fantastic season-long loans out of the bag and are prospering - any chance of Lambert doing this?? - nah, thought not.

Tell you what Barry as a holding midfielder protecting the defence would have made a huge difference !!

Yeah. Ronaldo would've been useful too. Unfortunately we can't force players to sign for us.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 08:33:51 PM »
I don't know of other league teams Legion.

I pity the diehards in the North stand, all they've seen is the opposition scoring infront of them this season.

No wonder Saunders_Heroes is always on suicide watch on here. ;)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 08:35:06 PM »
3 goals from open play too... it's December. I'm amazed we get the gates we do.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 08:37:12 PM »
Something has got to give with this home form. It's a fcuking disgrace.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »
We really are a shockingly awful football team, we have gone backwards since the end of last season. Benteke may be off form but the service he gets is woeful. Cannot think of one positive at the moment.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2013, 08:42:36 PM »
The return of Albrighton.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2013, 08:45:16 PM »
Strangely enough I had a similar chat with my brother in the pub, if you were thinking of buying a season ticket after watching the last two games on sky you'd be put off for life

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2013, 08:48:43 PM »
The return of Albrighton.

Yeah maybe, but that says everything about the squad.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2013, 08:51:04 PM »
I don't know of other league teams Legion.

I pity the diehards in the North stand, all they've seen is the opposition scoring infront of them this season.

No wonder Saunders_Heroes is always on suicide watch on here. ;)

We are used to it. I've had it for the last three years. The best part is filing out whilst the away fans party and then walking past them all on Witton Lane with their happy smiling faces and chatter.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2013, 09:05:06 PM »
We really are a shockingly awful football team, we have gone backwards since the end of last season. Benteke may be off form but the service he gets is woeful. Cannot think of one positive at the moment.
Benteke's first touch is woefull as well. So where do we go from here then ?
Cause i'm f..ked if i know.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2013, 09:08:47 PM »
I'm already worried that Xmas will be ruined by palace and Swansea. We've lost our way at home, it's become psychological I fear.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2013, 09:24:53 PM »
It doesn't help that our owner is never there to suffer with us. I wonder when Randy checks the scores on his phone if he thinks the fixtures are the other way round like in American Football....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal