collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much more can we bear?...  (Read 31438 times)

Offline supertom

Re: How much more can we bear?...
« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »
It would take a very good manager to make this young and hungry thing work. We don't have that. Paul Lambert is a manager who destiny probably will go the Paul Jewell route and head back down the leagues. Very limited, and no inspiring enough.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #196 on: December 27, 2013, 01:25:07 PM »
Gary Shaw is on Sky ;)   great man

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »
I'm no massive fan of Lambert but I can't take anyone seriously who thinks Hoddle or Allardyce be our next manager.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »
It would take a very good manager to make this young and hungry thing work. We don't have that. Paul Lambert is a manager who destiny probably will go the Paul Jewell route and head back down the leagues. Very limited, and no inspiring enough.

I know it's only a computer game but on Football Manager I've reached 2017 and Lambert has just taken over at Blues which I found quite amusing. To add to the satire his first signing was Tonev on a free.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2013, 05:53:45 PM »
I will keep most of my powder dry on this as new issues of H+V tend to come round frequently at this time of the year and I feel an article coming on.

However, I share the feelings of many here. I fell out of love with the modern game some time ago but never shook my Villa obsession.

It must be said though that I am not enjoying this season. It is becoming more of a chore to go down there with each passing game at the minute.
I am with you on that - thank heavens for Viagogo- Due to holiday and family commitments I have managed to sell my tickets for Man Utd, Palace, Swansea and Arsenal - I am avoiding the pain of being there whilst making back hard earned cash - Plus the fuel money saved. I have spent too many long journeys back up the M6 after abject performances at B6. 

Aha so you're the guy who I keep buying 15 quid tickets off in the Upper Trinity ;). Seriously I feel ripped off paying those prices!

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #200 on: December 27, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »
Gary Shaw is on Sky ;)   great man

It was interesting that Gary Shaw was saying that he thinks we need to buy this and that.  Sounds like he still has plenty of faith in the Manager.  I am not sure that Lambert will change his style from up and coming, potential, cheap, never heard of them type players. 

Offline supertom

« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2013, 11:53:50 PM »

I know it's only a computer game but on Football Manager I've reached 2017 and Lambert has just taken over at Blues which I found quite amusing. To add to the satire his first signing was Tonev on a free.
That's not football manager that's a crystal ball mate! ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal