collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much more can we bear?...  (Read 31451 times)

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
How much more can we bear?...
« on: December 15, 2013, 06:17:54 PM »
Like most on H&V, i`m a committed supporter who "Puts his money where his mouth is" and buys his season ticket every year, but for how much longer??. The club do seem to be taking our loyalty for granted, i am pretty certain that a conversation along the lines of "These fucking idiots will keep turning up every week no matter what" has probably taken place in the boardroom on more than one occasion, WRONG!!, an increasing number of supporters are beginning to question the whole package. WE EXPECT TO BE ENTERTAINED, THATS WHY WE GO, Speaking personally i am just not prepared to spend half a grand a year to watch the team lose or struggle to a draw every home game, no one expects a champions league place any more but at least give us a side who wins its home games, Lerner needs to tell PL that this is the bare minimum, our home record is quite shocking and has been for four seasons now, losing at home to the Arsenals and Man Us is no disgrace, losing to, and making the Fulhams and Wigans etc look like world beaters is another matter entirely, at one time we would say "oh we should beat these", no-one says that any more, we`re Aston Villa for gods sake, we`re playing at home, Lets start playing like it, before the rows of empty seats start to turn into entire blocks.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:57:17 AM by dave.woodhall »

Offline eastie

Re: How much more can we bear?...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »
I let my season ticket go mainly due to the kick off times being moved so much making it difficult as I work shifts - I must admit I'm glad i never paid for a season ticket this year as I would feel very short changed.

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 06:31:36 PM »
Like most on H&V, i`m a committed supporter who "Puts his money where his mouth is" and buys his season ticket every year, but for how much longer??. The club do seem to be taking our loyalty for granted, i am pretty certain that a conversation along the lines of "These fucking idiots will keep turning up every week no matter what" has probably taken place in the boardroom on more than one occasion, WRONG!!, an increasing number of supporters are beginning to question the whole package. WE EXPECT TO BE ENTERTAINED, THATS WHY WE GO, Speaking personally i am just not prepared to spend half a grand a year to watch the team lose or struggle to a draw every home game, no one expects a champions league place any more but at least give us a side who wins its home games, Lerner needs to tell PL that this is the bare minimum, our home record is quite shocking and has been for four seasons now, losing at home to the Arsenals and Man Us is no disgrace, losing to, and making the Fulhams and Wigans etc look like world beaters is another matter entirely, at one time we would say "oh we should beat these", no-one says that any more, we`re Aston Villa for gods sake, we`re playing at home, Lets start playing like it, before the rows of empty seats start to turn into entire blocks.

Yeah, yeah...

See you next week.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 06:44:48 PM »
I didn't go today.

I've started to give up on attending the Man. United game, my least favourite home game of the season. Never at 3pm on a Saturday, usually a horrible atmosphere in the ground due to the amount of away fans in home areas (was that a problem today?) and the less said about the 90 minutes the better.

I wouldn't blame anyone who doesn't renew as blind loyalty can only take so much, we have been terrible at home for years now, the results and also performances have been really dire at Villa Park this season.

I still go to more games than not and I'm going to Stoke on Saturday which should be a "classic". In fairness there is more fun going away as we tend to have more exciting games on the row and more chance of picking up a win but of course it's a little bit more expensive. I get to 3-4 away games a season and usually miss a home game around that period to make it affordable.

Really is it too much to ask to be a little bit more attractive to watch in home games? One fluke 2nd half v Man. City doesn't really cut it for me.

richtheholtender

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 06:47:16 PM »
I didn't go today.

I've started to give up on attending the Man. United game, my least favourite home game of the season. Never at 3pm on a Saturday, usually a horrible atmosphere in the ground due to the amount of away fans in home areas (was that a problem today?) and the less said about the 90 minutes the better.

19 Years and counting now. They will be celebrating with us when it eventually happens.

I wouldn't blame anyone who doesn't renew as blind loyalty can only take so much, we have been terrible at home for years now, the results and also performances have been really dire at Villa Park this season.

I still go to more games than not and I'm going to Stoke on Saturday which should be a "classic". In fairness there is more fun going away as we tend to have more exciting games on the row and more chance of picking up a win but of course it's a little bit more expensive. I get to 3-4 away games a season and usually miss a home game around that period to make it affordable.

Really is it too much to ask to be a little bit more attractive to watch in home games? One fluke 2nd half v Man. City doesn't really cut it for me.

richtheholtender

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 06:48:39 PM »
19 years and counting now. They will be celebrating with us when it eventually happens.

Offline martin o`who??

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 06:50:06 PM »

Yeah, yeah...

See you next week.
Sighs heavily, accepts the inevitable.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 06:53:31 PM »
We  go because we are afflicted. We can moan on here or anywhere else but we  errr... Go again in hope.

Offline Top Cat

• GM : 03.02.2023
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 06:53:50 PM »
I shall think hard before renewing next season.

SOTC & I renew on the basis that we spend less in a year on season tickets than we would shopping even if we only went to town once a month.  I think the time has come to spend some time shopping - it would be more fun even if it does cost us a fortune.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 07:00:38 PM »
We're 11th in the league. That will do for me in May.

Offline martin o`who??

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
I didn't go today.

Didnt see any, but given the shoeing they usually get when they inevitably start celebrating, i`m not suprised.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 07:06:15 PM »

Sadly the season doesn't end today, Lee. Forget midtable, we're a bottom half side in a piss poor league.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »

Pretty much sums how the club have lowered the fans expectations. Shocking resignation of any ambition.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 07:08:39 PM »

Sadly the season doesn't end today, Lee. Forget midtable, we're a bottom half side in a piss poor league.

We have four relatively 'winnable' matches coming up.

Offline eastie

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 07:12:39 PM »

We have four relatively 'winnable' matches coming up.

They will all be very tough games .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal