collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How would you feel....  (Read 152079 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

How would you feel....
« on: December 15, 2013, 03:14:56 PM »
if Lambert was sacked?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: How would you feel....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 03:16:02 PM »
I don't think he necessarily should be, but I wouldn't be bothered if he was. The performances over the last 6 weeks have regressed badly.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »
Annoyed that we will have done exactly what we were slagging The Stripeyfilth off for doing yesterday when we are, in fact, in a better position than them.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 03:22:58 PM »
I don't want him to be, but it's hard not to look at his record and think that maybe he should be - or at least that it's the sort of record that gets managers sacked, in any case.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 03:24:36 PM »
I think I'd just like to ask him if he realises how poor we've been for a long while now?

Offline MarkM

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »
Not bothered

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »
I want him to stay, at the same time I won't be lighting a candle in his memory if he gets the bullet. I like a lot of what he is trying to do, but fuck me there are a number of issues he seems blind to sorting out.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 03:25:24 PM »
Not fussed in the slightest. No one can tell me Lamberts team have been anything other than underwhelming during all but 3 months of his reign. He's presided over some real turgid performances that are made even duller by the apparent lack of a plan.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »
 I don't see the point tbh.If everyone was fit/free fromm suspension, Okores, Vlaar and Delph would all be playing, and we would be a lot closer.

Westwood, KEA, Sylla, Luna, Gabby, Weimann, all need replacing.Not enough quality in the final 1/3rd, if he does'nt rrectify that situation, then that is the time to question PL.We are not going to finish higher than 10th, and hopefully not much lower.

3 new 1st teamers needed asap, lets see who he brings in.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »
probably the only way to add some interest to the place. Childish I know.

Very bored with what I have seen this year

Online eric woolban woolban

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 03:30:31 PM »
Absolutely delighted.
Presided over our worst defeat in years. We can't score. We can't defend. Set pieces are awful. There's no plan b. Six goals at home so far. Awful home form.
Tactically inept.  Poor inexperienced signings.  Admittedly benteke was a decent signing. (Or was he a one season wonder)
Need I go on.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 03:30:42 PM »
My issue is that last season he came in and had to overhaul the squad and I understood that'd be difficult, but in spite of our struggles we played attacking football, scored goals and tried to win games. He's now filled the squad with his players, Vlaar improved so our defensive record improved and it enabled us to get a few results. However we've been playing terribly and giving away possession, offering hardly anything in attack. We have regressed, and Lambert doesn't seem to have a clue how to change it.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »
I want him to stay, at the same time I won't be lighting a candle in his memory if he gets the bullet. I like a lot of what he is trying to do, but fuck me there are a number of issues he seems blind to sorting out.
Can someone tell me what is meant every time someone says they 'like what he is trying to do'?  As far as I can tell he isn't trying to do anything.  Buying a load of shit players from abroad and lower leagues and turning us into the worst footballing team in the league and most appalling Villa side I have witnessed, isn't really doing anything at all.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 03:32:05 PM »
I'm in no way defending some of the performances this season as some of the play is about as bad as it gets but I would be disappointed if he got the bullet. In my view you don't get anywhere long term sacking managers after a bad run. If we want to achieve anything in the next few years we need to stick by a manager. Football is full of clubs that sack managers as soon as things start going slightly sour and all they do is end up never having a settled team, spunking a load of cash everytime they make a change and then repeating the process 2 seasons later.

Offline supertom

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »
I don't think he should go yet because it's a bad time to sack him because a new man would need a whole summer to really sort us out. Where-as in West Broms case, at least they have a few experienced players who've been there and done it to help the new man settle in.

But if he did get the boot I wouldn't be too bothered. I don't buy into his plan. In theory there's things that could work well. In practice I don't think he's a good enough manager to pull off something even Fergie would find a tough ask. It's not like he's had no money at all either.

For me, scraping by on 40 odd points again, having played poorly, should result in the sack come May. He's got January to essentially save his job and show us there's some progression on the football pitch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal