collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We go again  (Read 17150 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

We go again
« on: December 09, 2013, 09:13:53 AM »
Made me laugh on an otherwise depressing morning. Lambert's post match pearls of wisdom from yesterday - sorry if someone has already posted this:

"I don't think we got going if the truth be known. I can't fault the lads, their effort was there, we had a really tough game on Wednesday and you pick yourself up and go again. ..."

What a load of rubbish yesterday was. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. That's how our season seems to be panning out.

Offline eastie

Re: We go again
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:21:43 AM »
Made me laugh on an otherwise depressing morning. Lambert's post match pearls of wisdom from yesterday - sorry if someone has already posted this:

"I don't think we got going if the truth be known. I can't fault the lads, their effort was there, we had a really tough game on Wednesday and you pick yourself up and go again. ..."

What a load of rubbish yesterday was. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. That's how our season seems to be panning out.

The 'we go again ' line he trotted out all last season made me laugh in the early days but it now has me pulling my hair out in frustration :(

Offline supertom

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:44:12 AM »
They need to go again and again to the training ground until at least one of our players can't pass it 5 yards to one of his team mates. At the moment that's a struggle.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »
Or fucking throw ins

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »

The 'we go again ' line he trotted out all last season made me laugh in the early days but it now has me pulling my hair out in frustration :(

What would you rather him say?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 10:42:59 AM »

Exactly.  Absolutely pointless thread.

Offline supertom

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 10:43:19 AM »

Flibbidy flobbidy floo.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »

"We are making far to many basic errors and we will be sorting this out before the next game." Would be nice.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 10:50:34 AM »

If you plotted a graph of our league position so far this season, I think you'd see a steady upward curve, other than the large variances from the earliest parts of the season, so I'm not sure how that's '1 step forwards, 2steps back'?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 10:56:14 AM »

If you plotted a graph of our league position so far this season, I think you'd see a steady upward curve, other than the large variances from the earliest parts of the season, so I'm not sure how that's '1 step forwards, 2steps back'?

Fulham have a new manager and we're not really good enough yet to sustain an extended unbeaten run.  Something was going to give.

Offline eastie

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 10:58:22 AM »

"We are making far to many basic errors and we will be sorting this out before the next game." Would be nice.

Indeed.

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 11:00:48 AM »
Fuck me. Some sensitive souls on here today. It was meant to be a light hearted nod towards a well worn Lambert phrase

I'm a football fan, not a fucking A-level maths nerd and the day I start plotting graphs to console myself after a shit performance is the day I give up. I was comparing the Southampton result with the Fulham one.

Great to meet Darren Woolley in the pub before the game yesterday, by the way

Offline eastie

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 11:15:44 AM »
Fuck me. Some sensitive souls on here today. It was meant to be a light hearted nod towards a well worn Lambert phrase

I'm a football fan, not a fucking A-level maths nerd and the day I start plotting graphs to console myself after a shit performance is the day I give up. I was comparing the Southampton result with the Fulham one.

Great to meet Darren Woolley in the pub before the game yesterday, by the way

All this graphs and charts stuff makes me wonder where villadawg ever disappeared to?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 11:23:17 AM »
Probably a little too 'statty' granted, but just trying to basically say that we're moving slowly up the league despite yesterday's result, so something somewhere is going right.

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
Probably a little too 'statty' granted, but just trying to basically say that we're moving slowly up the league despite yesterday's result, so something somewhere is going right.

That's a fair point. And we were saying yesterday that it's almost eaxctly 12 months since the 8 niller at Chelsea so things are obviously improving over last season. I suppose that just highlights how bad we were last season though and not how well we're doing this season. Sorry for the snotty response earlier.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal