collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Happy Birthday  (Read 4965 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Happy Birthday
« on: November 29, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »
Yacouba Sylla. 23 today. I wonder if any of his presents were a surprise surprise. Sorry but thought i'd get that in first.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Happy Birthday
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 01:38:19 PM »
Also early birthday wishes to the big man up front (oh, and me...) for December 3rd. Let's hope CB can bag a hattrick this weekend which would be an ace present for him and me.

Offline supertom

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 01:59:19 PM »
He's getting on a bit now.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 03:22:26 PM »
Also early birthday wishes to the big man up front (oh, and me...) for December 3rd. Let's hope CB can bag a hattrick this weekend which would be an ace present for him and me.
You are just greedy...tut tut kids of today!

Online olaftab

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 03:23:49 PM »
Oh yes happy birthday Yacouba... so  are a very lucky boy to be wearing that shirt every week.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »
You are just greedy...tut tut kids of today!

I know. I want a present in advance and also on the day. The Beast and I were chatting the other day and he wants the same thing.

Online olaftab

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 03:39:43 PM »
All I will say is it's time for him to deliver your present.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 03:44:30 PM »
All I will say is it's time for him to deliver your present.

Yes, I agree. It would be well received if our improved defensive performances were rewarded with some goals from our top marksman. I think tomorrow we might see a return to the tried and trusted Gabby and Weimann either side of Benteke. We need him back in the goals.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 05:55:08 PM »
4th anniversary of the McGregor statue aswell.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »
I didn't want to start a separate thread for this so I'll put it in here.  Mods, feel free to move it if you wish.

Yesterday was my sixty-fifth birthday, I'm officially an OAP!  Finally, after nearly five years of being unemployed I can feel the guilt of not working lifting from my shoulders, I can officially say I'm retired.  Up until losing my job; I'd worked since I left school at fifteen.  Now, after almost five years I no longer have to stand in what for me has been a line of shame at the post office waiting for the weekly hand out.  I'm old school you see; and believe that what my father told me was a truism.  I should work until I was sixty-five, earn my own living, be beholden to no one and pay my way, then I could pack it in.  I actually feel cheated if you can understand that, I never saw out my time.  Despite the futility of it all; I kept looking and applying for work but, given the times we are living in, it never happened.

Don't get me wrong, it could have been worse, my family are raised and we have no mortgage but my self-esteem has taken a battering.  Mrs S has been great support; giving me great encouragement throughout my time of unemployment and making sure that I had no need to worry and that things would be fine.  She's been a great friend.  My pensions have now kicked in so that there is light at the end of the tunnel for me insomuch as I feel masculine again.  As I say, I'm old school.

Those of us who have been in this position will have some understanding of how I have been feeling and that some of you will be thinking he's a being a big tart about this and feeling sorry for himself but, I've never felt sorry for myself.  I've kept going and have undertaken back to education courses to a level that has seen me achieve the equivalent of A levels and have the opportunity to enter University; something I am thinking about.

I know it sounds as though I have been whinging but, really I haven't, it's just that I wanted to put it down in words.  It's a major milestone in my life and I'm so happy to have reached it.  Thanks for reading.

Online olaftab

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 07:29:12 PM »
You bugger you made it before RA goes up!
Happy belated birthday Dave and above is a great read.

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 07:37:31 PM »
Very pleased for you!
Enjoyed the post, definitely not a whinge.
Enjoy yourself and the best of times for your retirement.

Offline eastie

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 08:21:40 PM »
I didn't want to start a separate thread for this so I'll put it in here.  Mods, feel free to move it if you wish.

Yesterday was my sixty-fifth birthday, I'm officially an OAP!  Finally, after nearly five years of being unemployed I can feel the guilt of not working lifting from my shoulders, I can officially say I'm retired.  Up until losing my job; I'd worked since I left school at fifteen.  Now, after almost five years I no longer have to stand in what for me has been a line of shame at the post office waiting for the weekly hand out.  I'm old school you see; and believe that what my father told me was a truism.  I should work until I was sixty-five, earn my own living, be beholden to no one and pay my way, then I could pack it in.  I actually feel cheated if you can understand that, I never saw out my time.  Despite the futility of it all; I kept looking and applying for work but, given the times we are living in, it never happened.

Don't get me wrong, it could have been worse, my family are raised and we have no mortgage but my self-esteem has taken a battering.  Mrs S has been great support; giving me great encouragement throughout my time of unemployment and making sure that I had no need to worry and that things would be fine.  She's been a great friend.  My pensions have now kicked in so that there is light at the end of the tunnel for me insomuch as I feel masculine again.  As I say, I'm old school.

Those of us who have been in this position will have some understanding of how I have been feeling and that some of you will be thinking he's a being a big tart about this and feeling sorry for himself but, I've never felt sorry for myself.  I've kept going and have undertaken back to education courses to a level that has seen me achieve the equivalent of A levels and have the opportunity to enter University; something I am thinking about.

I know it sounds as though I have been whinging but, really I haven't, it's just that I wanted to put it down in words.  It's a major milestone in my life and I'm so happy to have reached it.  Thanks for reading.

Belated wishes dave , hope we win tomorrow to help celebrate your milestone .
A lovely post and sorry to hear about your recent troubles , you are a really decent bloke and  it's always nice reading your posts.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 08:24:13 PM by eastie »

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 08:26:23 PM »

All the best in your retirement Dave

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
Congrats on the retirement Dave, and happy birthday to the Yak.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal