collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Predict our points for the next 5 games  (Read 13614 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Predict our points for the next 5 games
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2013, 06:29:58 PM »
The palace game is crucial for restoring confidence. If we don't beat palace I think we're in big trouble

I'd honestly rather the next two were an Away double header too. I'd fancy 2-4 points were that the case. I think Swansea will have a little too much nous for us. Palace we need an early goal to settle the nerves, but if they score first it could be a long evening. The last thing we want is to be huffing and puffing trying desperately to get a goal in any way possible other than cohesive passing.

Our away form has dipped now so we need to start picking up points at VP.

Really we should be beating Palace, a poor poor team. If Gabby turns up then I reckon him and Kozak will be enough.

Swansea will be tricky but they'll come and attack and they're missing key players like Michu and Dyer. They're yet another one struggling with playing in Europe and then the prem with a moderate squad and Lambert is actually a bogey manager for them, he has a really good record against Swansea.

I have a feeling we'll lose at Sunderland given how well they did at VP but football usually doesn't work like that so you'd expect us to pick up at least a point.

5 points would steady the ship, it's not asking for miracles either against moderate opposition. People saying we won't get another point until Feb are just knee jerking. There are plenty of other poor teams in the league.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2013, 11:06:14 AM »
I predicted 5 from the last 5 games and we got 4, so not pessimistic but realistic. This is a lower table group of players lead by a inexperienced manager who doesn't look like he has much In his locker tactically. The next 5 games I see 1 win 2 draws 2 defeats. 24 pts from 22 games.

Offline levico

« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »
I predicted 5 from the last 5 games and we got 4, so not pessimistic but realistic. This is a lower table group of players lead by a inexperienced manager who doesn't look like he has much In his locker tactically. The next 5 games I see 1 win 2 draws 2 defeats. 24 pts from 22 games.

Where's the win? I hardly see that as a possibility before the season ends?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2013, 08:01:35 PM »
I do.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »

Where's the win? I hardly see that as a possibility before the season ends?

I thought we'd beat Palace today :(. Looks like even that was optimistic. When are those easier games again?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal