collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 10:26:32 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:26:09 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Ads
[Today at 09:59:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

FA Cup replays scrapped by tomd2103
[Today at 09:31:13 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: An ex-manager speaks  (Read 15920 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: An ex-manager speaks
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2013, 10:55:27 PM »
If TSM had a run of results like Lambert's post-Anfield run, I doubt people would have been as patient for as long.

Disagree, after beating Chelsea on NYE with still half the season to go, we won only two further games and yet the abuse only really started after losing to Bolton in late April.
Wigan away started the real abuse; rightly so.
TSM (sorry, not3bad / eastie) was a crap appointment - wrong guy / wrong time / wrong club.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2013, 07:24:59 AM »
I think the biggest benefactor of the Mcleish appointment is Paul Lambert. Had he not followed McLeish I honestly believe the fans would have got Lambert the sack last season, most likely after the Christmas period. Personally i'm glad Lambert has been given the board's backing. As for Mcleish, always thought he was a good guy when he was at Blues but as a manager I don't rate him. The media put a large emphasis on his Blues connection as the reason he was unpopular at Villa and it's true there were fans who were anti McLeish because of this. However, had he been good at his job then I think even they would have been won over. I mean, does anyone care that Peter Withe played for Blues before us?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2013, 10:40:42 AM »
If TSM had a run of results like Lambert's post-Anfield run, I doubt people would have been as patient for as long.

Disagree, after beating Chelsea on NYE with still half the season to go, we won only two further games and yet the abuse only really started after losing to Bolton in late April.
Wigan away started the real abuse; rightly so.

Wigan away was the day I knew he was a goner.

Offline ez

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »

Blimey yes. Our last win was against Fulham when Weimann scored the only goal after 92 minutes. I always think of that goal as being the one that saved us. We still had ten games to play after that but didn't win any of them.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2013, 11:15:46 AM »
The Fulham win was vital. The point we got at the Stripey Twats was crucial as well. They were itching to drop us in the relegation shit that day.

Offline ez

« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2013, 12:35:19 PM »
The Fulham win was vital. The point we got at the Stripey Twats was crucial as well. They were itching to drop us in the relegation shit that day.

Yes an albion fan told me recently he regretted that they never quite managed to kick us while we were down.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »
Second half of the 11-12 season the life was just sucked right out of the place. It was awful

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »
Yes Wigan away. I was there and probably that was the day I wanted him gone as at the time Wigan were bottom by a distance and we had about two shots on goal all game.

But at VP it only really started against Bolton, the penultimate home game of the season.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »
Yes Wigan away. I was there and probably that was the day I wanted him gone as at the time Wigan were bottom by a distance and we had about two shots on goal all game.

But at VP it only really started against Bolton, the penultimate home game of the season.

Worst atmosphere at a Villa game I've ever endured.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal