collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New job for TSM?  (Read 7736 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: New job for TSM?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 10:52:06 PM »
I bet Brann fans can't wait to see TSM's brand of exciting, free flowing total football.

Having watched a fair bit of norwegian domestic football I don't think they're going to see much of a dip in quality.  It's about league 1/lower championship standard.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 11:07:12 PM »
Good luck to him and them. He was our manager for a season, it didnt work out but we stayed up.

I aint bitter any more.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »
Yeah. He's a regular guy.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »
Well he was dire here, so he'll probably play fast and loose there.

I thank you.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 08:54:45 AM »
What has happened to Hodo?
Or:
To Hodo what has happened?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:56:28 AM by Mister E »

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »
He'd better do well or it's be a Frostie reception for him.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 11:29:56 AM »
What has happened to Hodo?
Or:
To Hodo what has happened?

Footballing Winter is Coming.

Offline eastie

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 11:52:29 AM »
Seems to be nothing in this - he's just been on sky and saying how he's not flavour of the month at the moment and still looking for work.
Reckons he's coached some pure footballing teams in his time - I must have missed those years then :)

Offline Damo70

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »
Seems to be nothing in this - he's just been on sky and saying how he's not flavour of the month at the moment and still looking for work.
Reckons he's coached some pure footballing teams in his time - I must have missed those years then :)

His best work was at Rangers competing with Celtic who at the time had more money to spend and with Scotland. Also  his top ten finish with newly promoted Small Heath. But I'm not sure in any of those cases you could use the words pure footballing teams.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »

No idea, was in a couple of papers over here though and he seems a really odd choice of a random name to pull out of the hat.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »
I wish him all the best. Not good for us but by all accounts a very decent fella.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 09:12:23 PM »
I wish him all the best. Not good for us but by all accounts a very decent fella.

I'm surprised the fucker hasn't been had on Rogue Traders for impersonating a football manager and taking money under false pretences.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »

Me too

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2013, 01:17:25 PM »
He was a bad appointment but Alex is a decent guy and not David o'leary so good luck

Offline eastie

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2013, 01:33:28 PM »
Alex McLeish hopes his next managerial job will be in England or overseas but has not ruled out returning to his Scottish homeland.
The 54-year-old former Rangers boss was asked whether he would be interested in the vacant post at Inverness.
And he told BBC Scotland: "At the moment, I see my future in England or possibly abroad.
"I've got unfinished business in England and I might want to go abroad for another different challenge."
McLeish's last managerial job was at Nottingham Forest, whom he left earlier this year, after spells at Birmingham City and Aston Villa.

The vacancy at Inverness has been created by Terry Butcher's move to Hibernian, one of McLeish's former clubs.
"Terry's done really well up at Inverness," said McLeish. "The guy that takes over has got a big job ahead of him to beat that or even just to keep them where they are.

"I think he'll bring something to Hibs. He'll bring massive passion to the supporters. The supporters like to see a certain type of football at Hibs, but first and foremost they would like to see the team winning."
McLeish says is looking for "another half-decent project" lasting at least two years where he can "build something".

"At the moment, I don't seem to be getting quoted in the higher end of the bookies' odds in the jobs in England, so maybe I've got to spread my wings and re-invent myself," he admitted.
"Hopefully, the next one could be very, very important for me."

McLeish said he would "never rule out coming back to Scotland", adding: "You always feel like you've got something to prove. I've had a lot of success in the game and I feel that there's more success in me."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal